• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

ThisIsNotAPipe

Jun 24, 2023
I currently live in the Northeast Area of the country, within the mid-Atlantic region. I am also going through a major mental health crisis that has culminated in me wanting to get access to a gun. Unfortunately the state I live in has very strict gun laws. I thought about driving down to Delaware as it seems to have some of the more lax gun laws in the region. Maine is another option for that as well. However, one of the things that I noticed is that to get a gun in Delaware you need a state-registered id [see section titled Handguns and long guns (other than shotguns)]. The id that I have is a driver's license that will be from out of state, from a midwestern state to be exact. Will this impede me from buying a gun in Delaware? I could try purchasing a gun in Maine perhaps but I believe they too have the same restriction that require state-issued id.

How do you recommend that I obtain a gun in the Northeast United States? I'd like to purchase the gun legally. I was thinking of just driving to Delaware to purchase the gun and then making a decision on whether to use it or not. Are there states that are even less lax than Maine or Delaware where I can purchase a .45 gun without a registered id from that state?

Any help would be appreciated. I'd also be open to other suicide methods that may be easier to obtain and are about as lethal as a gun.

S

SaltySuh

Aug 12, 2023
Drive to NH or PA if you're looking for arms. MA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, and DE are notorious for their strict laws.

tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
dang, you gotta come down to Texas, there's basically no gun laws down here 😅 that's why it's my preferred method, it's like the government is just offering to help me kill myself lol

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
In Texas you could probably walk into someone's backyard at night and yell until they come out and shoot you.

• Yay!
Reactions: Renee
nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
This isn't my area of expertise, but it sounds like it might be more complicated? An out-of-state licensed firearms dealer would have to follow the laws of your state.

Also, federal law prohibits licensed firearm sellers from selling handguns and pistols to out-of-state residents altogether. Shotguns are different though — they appear to have fewer restrictions.

For what it's worth, the mental health requirements for purchasing a gun are surprisingly lax in most states. As long as you haven't been committed to a psychiatric ward without your consent (through the legal process, not just threatened with committal if you don't check yourself in voluntarily; and voluntarily checking yourself in does not count) or "adjudicated a mental defective" you will pass a federal background check.

I think your best bet would be to check whether your state has lesser restrictions for shotguns. For example in NY, which has very strict gun laws, you don't need a permit for a shotgun or certain rifles. You could also try getting a permit for other types of guns if you wanted to, but this is more of an involved process.

If you really want to avoid a background check, a private sale through something like Armslist in Maine is your best bet; but private sellers can request ID or a background check. And this would not be legal, because private sales must be between residents of the state where the sale is conducted. Sellers are also incentivized to do background checks because they can get in trouble for selling a gun to someone who is ineligible to purchase one. Also, Maine is currently in the process of debating a new law requiring background checks for private sales.

I hope this makes sense, I am sleepy hahaha. But this was an interesting rabbit hole to dive into.

Wishing you the best.

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
When I was out of state taking care of my father a gus store owner said I could buy a rifle, but not a handgun.