M

Mikey

Sep 2, 2018
I've been in pain ever since a botched surgery 10 years ago when I was 20. Last week, I got to thinking that I will just use my opioid prescription and maybe add in a few other drugs. However, I'm worried that having a patient OD will hurt my doctor's career or get her fired from the pain clinic. She has been so nice and understanding with me, I hate the thought of her desire to help me causing harm to her career. Do you guys think it will? Should I leave some contingency plan with a trusted person to make sure it doesn't?

This must look like an accident for my family, both for their wellbeing and so they can collect life insurance.

This is in the US. I figure that with the "opioid epidemic", the DEA is always looking to crack down on some poor doctor.

I almost OD-ed last Wednesday but I became lucid with a surge of adrenaline as my breathing slowed and I began to suffocate. I tried to force myself back to sleep but every time I did, I felt like I couldn't breath and all my muscles tightened as my adrenaline kicked in. This was with just two methadone and no other meds. I think by the time I add more in, it won't be a problem.

I've already started making plans for the future and telling people how excited I am for my plans. I don't think anyone will suspect anything more than an accident.

Reactions: lv-gras and mattwitt
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
My doctor was very upset that I had used her prescriptions to overdose- she told me that they can and do get investigated. So I would never do it again.
This was opioids and benzos and it doesn't really work - success rate is very low - which I didn't know at the time.

Reactions: betteroffdead, akosineenee, Mikey and 2 others
D

Doctorj115

Jul 19, 2018
I've been in pain ever since a botched surgery 10 years ago when I was 20. Last week, I got to thinking that I will just use my opioid prescription and maybe add in a few other drugs. However, I'm worried that having a patient OD will hurt my doctor's career or get her fired from the pain clinic. She has been so nice and understanding with me, I hate the thought of her desire to help me causing harm to her career. Do you guys think it will? Should I leave some contingency plan with a trusted person to make sure it doesn't?

This must look like an accident for my family, both for their wellbeing and so they can collect life insurance.

This is in the US. I figure that with the "opioid epidemic", the DEA is always looking to crack down on some poor doctor.

I almost OD-ed last Wednesday but I became lucid with a surge of adrenaline as my breathing slowed and I began to suffocate. I tried to force myself back to sleep but every time I did, I felt like I couldn't breath and all my muscles tightened as my adrenaline kicked in. This was with just two methadone and no other meds. I think by the time I add more in, it won't be a problem.

I've already started making plans for the future and telling people how excited I am for my plans. I don't think anyone will suspect anything more than an accident.

What kind of surgery did you have?

M

Mikey

Sep 2, 2018
My doctor was very upset that I had used her prescriptions to overdose- she told me that they can and do get investigated. So I would never do it again.
This was opioids and benzos and it doesn't really work - success rate is very low - which I didn't know at the time.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Don't they use fentanyl plus a benzo for lethal injections now??

What kind of surgery did you have?

Upper jaw/sinuses reconstruction

D

Doctorj115

Jul 19, 2018
Upper jaw/sinuses reconstruction[/QUOTE]

Were you in an accident?

M

Mikey

Sep 2, 2018
Upper jaw/sinuses reconstruction

Were you in an accident?[/QUOTE]

I would prefer not to elaborate. The pain is caused by the incorrectly placed/defectively designed plastic cosmetic implants they installed while they were in there. I had them removed with no decrease in symptoms.

I never take everything she prescribes. If I switch to something she hasn't given me in years, won't that point the finger away from her? How long do I need to stop seeing her for until she's in the clear?

Reactions: lv-gras