LivedAndNotLoved

LivedAndNotLoved

Leaving here, need to give life another shot!
Feb 28, 2020
I think I've finally accepted that life is always going to be one long shit show. I did have some kind of hope that one day things may get a little bit better, or a little less unbearable. But it never will. Hope is a fucking dangerous thing.

Spent most of my pathetic life living depressed because when it comes down to it it's all because I cant live up to peoples' standards/expectations. Ugh.

• Hugs
Reactions: Busdriver, BabyYoda, Hollow Point and 6 others
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
For me there is no escape. Everything is lined up in a way that barely leaves me any chances of turning life around. It will be either an early death or suffering and a shit load of depression and angs for the rest of time. Maybe it was already bound to happen since i was born. Right now there is only a decision worth making.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hollow Point, Worthless_nobody and LivedAndNotLoved
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I think I've finally accepted that life is always going to be one long shit show. I did have some kind of hope that one day things may get a little bit better, or a little less unbearable. But it never will. Hope is a fucking dangerous thing.

Spent most of my pathetic life living depressed because when it comes down to it it's all because I cant live up to peoples' standards/expectations. Ugh.
But I guess their expectations are what's wrong, and not you.
So why not free yourself from those expectations ?
Can you distance yourself from toxic people ?

Reactions: LivedAndNotLoved, Hollow Point and Esc9434
E

Esc9434

Student
Feb 25, 2020

Most people cannot even live up to the expectations that they set for others.

Productive people don't have time to worry about what other people are doing because they are busy. These people are the ones who will help pull you up to their level.

Anyone who has time to sit around worry about what you are or aren't doing is toxic.

This life is yours and only yours. Set your own expectations, and live up to them.

As long as you are able to support yourself, and not a burden to anyone, you are doing fine.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Blu_1, MartyByrde, LivedAndNotLoved and 1 other person
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I'm with you. I've accepted if I'm to stay, I gotta float down a river of shit in this life. The nice thing about it, is I dont really get in super sad mindsets anymore. Been there too many times, I've run out of self pity and sadness. Like a zen depression ha

Reactions: LivedAndNotLoved
LivedAndNotLoved

LivedAndNotLoved

Leaving here, need to give life another shot!
Feb 28, 2020
But I guess their expectations are what's wrong, and not you.
So why not free yourself from those expectations ?
Can you distance yourself from toxic people ?
Theres only one toxic person left in my life but they themselves are not toxic for me, it's the situation where both in. Does that make sense? And it's hard to break free from it. It feels like an addiction.
I'm with you. I've accepted if I'm to stay, I gotta float down a river of shit in this life. The nice thing about it, is I dont really get in super sad mindsets anymore. Been there too many times, I've run out of self pity and sadness. Like a zen depression ha
Yeah it's just accepting that life will not get easier. I get what you mean. All I want to do is stay in my home on my own and drink every single day until it's done.
Most people cannot even live up to the expectations that they set for others.

Productive people don't have time to worry about what other people are doing because they are busy. These people are the ones who will help pull you up to their level.

Anyone who has time to sit around worry about what you are or aren't doing is toxic.

This life is yours and only yours. Set your own expectations, and live up to them.

As long as you are able to support yourself, and not a burden to anyone, you are doing fine.
My expectations are so basic. Wake up everyday and get through it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollow Point
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Theres only one toxic person left in my life but they themselves are not toxic for me, it's the situation where both in. Does that make sense? And it's hard to break free from it. It feels like an addiction.

Yeah it's just accepting that life will not get easier. I get what you mean. All I want to do is stay in my home on my own and drink every single day until it's done.

My expectations are so basic. Wake up everyday and get through it.
But with enough love (of yourself), addictions can be broken.
But first you have to decide that you're going to, "come what may".