D

Disk

Feb 14, 2020
Alright I tried to write something based on something I felt, but it's taking me more time than I can manage so I'm just posting the draft without revision.

I'm having this weird realization that I can't really, deeply, in-your-face think about death. Not on demand.
Despite having imminent death on the front-end of my thoughts most of the time. I don't always dread it, because I can't fully engage with the reality of it whenever I want.
It's an illusion
This is supposed to be quite natural, I understand that. But this bothers me. Why the fuck am I falling back to suicide at around every corner of my life when I don't
This lack of control, over so, so, so, so many things... is barely bearable. Less and less bearable as time goes by. A persistent feeling of slowly going crazy.
We can't rely on our gut to do the right thing, i.e. commit suicide. We have to consciously, methodically, intellectually beat SI.
I don't know what the fuck I'm saying. I don't believe what I think. Therefore I can't talk, can't connect. I would love it if it didn't effect me, but I guess this is a pretty natural need.
Anyhow, this is the reason I give myself to ctb. Sometimes.

What I want is to solve life, be god, to be able to kill myself like it's the most natural thing in the world.
That's just what I want. Now what I need to do, and that's the only* thing I really need to do, is grab my balls and jump to the other side.

*Oh the comfort in having one thing to do, one thing only.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: niki wonoto, Uninstall, Stick and 1 other person
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
Suicide is not "supposed to be quite natural". For many of us here, if we had the willpower to just ctb as soon as we set our minds too it, we'd have been dead before we found this place. I think that I understand your point, as in, you are feel you are stuck here due to SI, you can't quite overcome it? You aren't alone in that.

• Aww..
Reactions: niki wonoto
D

Disk

Feb 14, 2020
Suicide is not "supposed to be quite natural".
I meant not engaging emotionally every time we have the "thought experiment", as in "casually thinking about death without having a mental breakdown is natural".

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
If you're having trouble coming to terms with the idea of death and not being around any more, I'd really strongly ask that you think deeply about whether or not you want to ctb.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't know what the fuck I'm saying. I don't believe what I think. Therefore I can't talk, can't connect. I would love it if it didn't effect me, but I guess this is a pretty natural need.

I just wanted to say I acknowledge you, I have respect for you, and I have empathy for what you're going through.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disk
D

Disk

Feb 14, 2020
If you're having trouble coming to terms with the idea of death and not being around any more, I'd really strongly ask that you think deeply about whether or not you want to ctb.

To be honest it feels like I'm overthinking.
Have you decided yet? If so, what was your thought process like? Weighing the pros and cons?