X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
What are your predictions for the end of the world? How will mankind be extinct?

Mine is climate change and lack of resources leads to soaring prices and global riots and collapse of governments.

Reactions: demuic
mustard_glass

mustard_glass

Aug 10, 2021
The climate change alone won't be enough to cause total human extinction, I don't think, but they might do something absolutely stupid to try and stop it and fuck everything up in the process.
Right now it doesn't look like people care about this stuff, I mean it's just science - not some mysterious prophecy, ancient calendar or a guy from a catholic radio who claims that god spoke to him about the rapture, so it doesn't sell very well. We're screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShornSoloists, deflationary, Xiaomi and 1 other person
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I used to think that our extinction was close and this idea used to give me some comfort, but then I realised how persistent and adaptable we are, being able to barely live in harsh conditions while people still wanting to bear children.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Black Sky, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Sadly I don't see complete human extinction happening anytime soon :(

It's nice to dream about a utopian apocalypse where people finally get wise to the nightmare-like nature of organic life and opt out of it themselves and sterilize the whole planet as well. But I think reality doesn't allow for happy endings like that.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, chocolatebar, mustard_glass and 1 other person
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
A Massive solar flare which will incinerate the whole planet to nothing but ashes and dust! Or Sarah Connor's Nuclear Nightmare would also do nicely!

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
What are your predictions for the end of the world? How will mankind be extinct?

Mine is climate change and lack of resources leads to soaring prices and global riots and collapse of governments.
Is anarchy or maybe small local government really the end of the world?