• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lainhelpme

lainhelpme

May 14, 2020
Living in a country with strict laws about guns, I thought about other options. A quick research revealed, that just shooting nails into your head carry odds of survival that are not very promising. Reading through threads about the positioning of guns, I thought about finding a way to get the nail into my brain-stem. I researched a little about the path the bullet/nail would have to go through when positioned inside the oral cavity, pointed upwards a little and whether a nailgun would be able to penetrate it, but I couldn't come to a satisfying conclusion, so I decided to post here in order to find someone that might know more about this topic.
Would this be a possibility for ctb, if no - why / if yes - how and why

Reactions: StateOfMind
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Well significant trauma to the optic nerve can be fatal, probably a high percentage.

lainhelpme

lainhelpme

May 14, 2020
Well significant trauma to the optic nerve can be fatal, probably a high percentage.
Would you be able to expand on that? What could possible precautions be to increase the odds of death?

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
Proper gas-propelled nail guns can easily penetrate 80-100mm through timber so it would have enough force. But nails are thin so you'd have to be very precise in your aim I think.

Reactions: WeepingWillow and pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
What i remeber from a program i was watching was that the shock to the optic nerve can travel into the brain and cause massive if not lethal disruption to it's functions. If you have to stay under the radar, look into traumatic eye injuries. Everyone should be concerned about eye safety when working with tools.

Honestly though the method seems risky.

Reactions: WeepingWillow
lainhelpme

lainhelpme

May 14, 2020
Proper gas-propelled nail guns can easily penetrate 80-100mm through timber so it would have enough force. But nails are thin so you'd have to be very precise in your aim I think.
I have read somewhere that there are types of nails that have a bigger (flat?) frontal part and a man that failed at ctb using this method did so beacause these nails have less penetrative power. In your opinion, would less penetrative power due to a bigger nail be worth it? I am not an expert in different types of nails, so I will research more in the coming days. Nevertheless, I would like to hear your opinion.
What i remeber from a program i was watching was that the shock to the optic nerve can travel into the brain and cause massive if not lethal disruption to it's functions. If you have to stay under the radar, look into traumatic eye injuries. Everyone should be concerned about eye safety when working with tools.

Honestly though the method seems risky.
Thank you for explaining, I will most definitely consider this a possibility and try to inform myself more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isittimetogonola and WeepingWillow
WeepingWillow

WeepingWillow

One with endless night
May 11, 2020
Honestly this method sounds like a recipe for disaster. If it inst executed exactly such that it kills, you're likely looking at a lifetime of permanent disability and suffering. I wouldn't risk it.

I wish you can find the peace you seek. ✌

• Love
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, autumnal, Good4Nothing and 2 others
I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
I have read somewhere that there are types of nails that have a bigger (flat?) frontal part and a man that failed at ctb using this method did so beacause these nails have less penetrative power. In your opinion, would less penetrative power due to a bigger nail be worth it? I am not an expert in different types of nails, so I will research more in the coming days. Nevertheless, I would like to hear your opinion.

Honestly, I don't know. I don't know enough about the density of bone, or even whether the nail would need to pass through bone to hit its target. The nails you are referring to are still only 4 or 5mm thick. The front is blunt rather than having a wider flat front on them. My educated guess would be that at close range the nail gun is powerful enough to penetrate bone. My guess is that the guy who failed, didn't hit any critical part of his brain.

If you read the story of Phineas Gage you'll see that it's possible to survive quite massive brain trauma and still function.
Honestly this method sounds like a recipe for disaster. If it inst executed exactly such that it kills, you're likely looking at a lifetime of permanent disability and suffering. I wouldn't risk it.

I agree entirely. This method would need detailed knowledge of physiology and pinpoint aim. The risk of survival with brain damage is very high.

Reactions: pete_x and WeepingWillow
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
This is horrific, please just get comfortable with hanging :(

Reactions: Altvtysp, autumnal and Good4Nothing
lainhelpme

lainhelpme

May 14, 2020
Honestly, I don't know. I don't know enough about the density of bone, or even whether the nail would need to pass through bone to hit its target. The nails you are referring to are still only 4 or 5mm thick. The front is blunt rather than having a wider flat front on them. My educated guess would be that at close range the nail gun is powerful enough to penetrate bone. My guess is that the guy who failed, didn't hit any critical part of his brain.

If you read the story of Phineas Gage you'll see that it's possible to survive quite massive brain trauma and still function.

I agree entirely. This method would need detailed knowledge of physiology and pinpoint aim. The risk of survival with brain damage is very high.

I will probably keep on considering this option and researching, not only due to the fact that using this method the thought of the last thing I will experience being a metal object ramming into my skull before sending me off away from this fucking comical hellscape forever seems incredibly satisfying. Although you are definitely right - surviving is not something I would want to risk. I hope to find enough ressources to bring the odds to something I am willing to risk.
I am sorry for writing something unreasonable - at the end of the day just escaping is enough for me. I consider hanging as my second option and if I end up not feeling comfortable enough as the one I will go through with.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Partial-Elf
WeepingWillow

WeepingWillow

One with endless night
May 11, 2020
If you have your heart set on driving metal into your head perhaps take a look at a Co2 gas powered captive stun bolt gun that are used for dispatching cattle. You can see one being use in the movie no country for old men. Although from what i understand its still possible to survive it at least there are greater odds of success due to the heavier mass and energies involved. Again best of luck to you and may you come to find peace.

Reactions: Partial-Elf
lainhelpme

lainhelpme

May 14, 2020
If you have your heart set on driving metal into your head perhaps take a look at a Co2 gas powered captive stun bolt gun that are used for dispatching cattle. You can see one being use in the movie no country for old men. Although from what i understand its still possible to survive it at least there are greater odds of success due to the heavier mass and energies involved. Again best of luck to you and may you come to find peace.
Where would I be able to get this? I looked around and found multiple stun bolt guns but none which resemble the one shown in the movie. Either small metal objects with elongated torsos or objects with a similar shape to an actual gun. Would you be able to explain the difference between these?
Judging from reports on the internet fatality rate does seem to be higher than with nail guns, but my question would be wether that is because people only shoot nails into "unimportant" parts of the brain without thinking about it or rather that the precision needed to hit the "right" parts is simply to high.

Last edited:
last_tour

last_tour

Apr 8, 2020
wouldn't it be better to just aim for the cartoid artery?

at least you won't get brain damage if you screw up.

Reactions: I’mDone and WeepingWillow
WeepingWillow

WeepingWillow

One with endless night
May 11, 2020
Unfortunately I haven't got the answers to your questions. I can only speculate that some such item might be for sale on ebay. There are a number of different styles and designs. What makes one better than another again is beyond me. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I'm just a lowly computer type guy. Best wishes.

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
I am sorry for writing something unreasonable - at the end of the day just escaping is enough for me. I consider hanging as my second option and if I end up not feeling comfortable enough as the one I will go through with.

It's not unreasonable to explore and discuss ideas, I see no reason to apologise. As a method it does have some attraction in a country where firearms are largely prohibited. I just think there is no margin for error with this. A small chance of death and much higher possibility of survival with brain damage. Did you look up Phineas Gage? It's horrific and definitely worth reading.

Reactions: Partial-Elf
M

Mr. ‘K so?

Student
Mar 4, 2020

Whitest kids you know has some reference materials on this starting at 1:05. It doesn't sound right when you say it like that

• Wow
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
There are people who've survived knife wounds deep in the brain .. google search shows pics. It would have to be the exact right location and force
Risky

Reactions: I’mDone
Blue Portal

Blue Portal

May 6, 2020
Living in a country with strict laws about guns, I thought about other options. A quick research revealed, that just shooting nails into your head carry odds of survival that are not very promising. Reading through threads about the positioning of guns, I thought about finding a way to get the nail into my brain-stem. I researched a little about the path the bullet/nail would have to go through when positioned inside the oral cavity, pointed upwards a little and whether a nailgun would be able to penetrate it, but I couldn't come to a satisfying conclusion, so I decided to post here in order to find someone that might know more about this topic.
Would this be a possibility for ctb, if no - why / if yes - how and why
Is SN legal over there?