D

death unto me

Jun 26, 2020
H! I've been reading threads about hanging including the megathread but i can't seem to find the answer to this one...

So, I tried hanging yesterday and my throat hurt so bad(not sure if it's my throat but it's around the middle of my neck). I can tolerate discomfort but the pain was on a different level that my SI kick in and so i failed :( read people's experience and none of them mentioned about the pain. tried adjusting the rope but no matter what i did it's still painful. any tips??? Can't bear living anymore.Thank you!

edit: im using a nylon rope and a scarf for padding.

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Is it partial or full? If its partial, its not suposed to hurt. You shoukd breathe normaly and only feel slight discomfort from compressing carotid arteries. You shouldnt compress airway. If it hurts so hard and you dont pass out means something is wrong.

If youre doing full suspension, then unless you quickly pass out, it will really hurt.

If you got more questions, just ask. I hope i can be of any help to you

D

death unto me

Jun 26, 2020
Is it partial or full? If its partial, its not suposed to hurt. You shoukd breathe normaly and only feel slight discomfort from compressing carotid arteries. You shouldnt compress airway. If it hurts so hard and you dont pass out means something is wrong.

If youre doing full suspension, then unless you quickly pass out, it will really hurt.

If you got more questions, just ask. I hope i can be of any help to you
Partial. any tips on how can i not compress my airway, i adjusted the rope several times but i can't still breathe properly. the only thing i felt was the pain in my throat, did not feel any tingling sensation/blacking out, felt a bit lightheaded afterwards. thank you so much!

A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Partial. any tips on how can i not compress my airway, i adjusted the rope several times but i can't still breathe properly. the only thing i felt was the pain in my throat, did not feel any tingling sensation/blacking out, felt a bit lightheaded afterwards. thank you so much!
Try to put less pressure if pain is too much. I was moving rope up and down spasticaly untill i found sweetspot. It took me a while, and alot of anger. Trial and error. Move rope inch by inch. For me it was on the bottom of my neck, and only if i slowly lean forward. Any other spot and angle, i wont compress carotids.

Sweetspot is diferent for everyone, but specific spot on your neck. You really need alot of patience to get it. And when you find it, there will be no pain or suffocation. Just some discomfort and blackout

Reactions: Lost10 and SipSop
B

Bsbsb12

Apr 22, 2020
Try to put less pressure if pain is too much. I was moving rope up and down spasticaly untill i found sweetspot. It took me a while, and alot of anger. Trial and error. Move rope inch by inch. For me it was on the bottom of my neck, and only if i slowly lean forward. Any other spot and angle, i wont compress carotids.

Sweetspot is diferent for everyone, but specific spot on your neck. You really need alot of patience to get it. And when you find it, there will be no pain or suffocation. Just some discomfort and blackout
I can't understand the thing with sweet spot. Body will change its position after falling unconscious, so ligature will too. Therefore sweet spot will be lost, and method wouldn't work?

A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
It will work as long as rope stays tight. Sweetspot is just to put us unconcious first, so that we dont feel pain of hanging later. It will move out of its original spot, but not by much.

If body moves too much and rope loosens up, then yes. It will fail. But if rope stays tight even with yoir trashing, you can succeed.

Rope will loosen up only if your convulsions cause you to fully stand up from any position, like it was in my case. Some people dont convulse hard, so any position will work for them

Reactions: wunschtraum
V

Valsalva

Feb 25, 2020
Has anyone practiced w the knot in front and leaning backward?

Reactions: wunschtraum