Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Ive read the bible, I've been "churched", had my ups and down, but I made my own decision to believe in faith about who Jesus/God is (as revealed in the bible).

Right now, the most difficult thing about this is... feeling that there is an answer to my suicidal/ self-destructive nature.
I feel that God had clearly made it known to me that what I'm choosing isn't "right" or isn't "his will" for me..
So.. *poof* ... should go my suicidial thoughts, right? Cast em away, ask for forgiveness and live like a redeemed person in Christ..

And yet, though the solution is simple.. (turn away from sin and trust in God).. I still have to deal with thoughts that make me feel like a piece of shite. The constant feeling of not being "enough" for God. Not feeling that God wants to "guide" me. Not feeling like I've been called for anything substantial in this world..

I feel like a very pathetic Christian. I don't want to preach. I don't want to proselytize.. in fact, I don't want to do anything with this faith IN THIS WORLD, that could ever make me look like a "Christian". Because its NEVER enough. If I can't go to Heaven, just from believing in Christ, then what is the point of being a Christian. NO ONE should need ANYTHING but JESUS CHRIST.
And for those of you who aren't believers, your eternal destiny shouldn't depend on what you confess while you are alive on Earth. The reasons that you don't believe are not the concern, because JESUS died for all of mans sins. EVEN the sin of UNBELIEF, AND THE SIN of suicide. So, a God who judges his believers for not doing his "will" is unfair and a God who sends people to Hell for any reason whatsoever is corrupt.

I recommend everyone (who cares about it) to learn about Universal Salvation, because it is the only real sensible way to think about God, and the reasoning that I have subscribed to.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Manfrotto99, AgainChrisis, chloramine and 4 others
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Ive read the bible, I've been "churched", had my ups and down, but I made my own decision to believe in faith about who Jesus/God is (as revealed in the bible).

Right now, the most difficult thing about this is... feeling that there is an answer to my suicidal/ self-destructive nature.
I feel that God had clearly made it known to me that what I'm choosing isn't "right" or isn't "his will" for me..
So.. *poof* ... should go my suicidial thoughts, right? Cast em away, ask for forgiveness and live like a redeemed person in Christ..

And yet, though the solution is simple.. (turn away from sin and trust in God).. I still have to deal with thoughts that make me feel like a piece of shite. The constant feeling of not being "enough" for God. Not feeling that God wants to "guide" me. Not feeling like I've been called for anything substantial in this world..

I feel like a very pathetic Christian. I don't want to preach. I don't want to proselytize.. in fact, I don't want to do anything with this faith IN THIS WORLD, that could ever make me look like a "Christian". Because its NEVER enough. If I can't go to Heaven, just from believing in Christ, then what is the point of being a Christian. NO ONE should need ANYTHING but JESUS CHRIST.
And for those of you who aren't believers, your eternal destiny shouldn't depend on what you confess while you are alive on Earth. The reasons that you don't believe are not the concern, because JESUS died for all of mans sins. EVEN the sin of UNBELIEF, AND THE SIN of suicide. So, a God who judges his believers for not doing his "will" is unfair and a God who sends people to Hell for any reason whatsoever is corrupt.

I recommend everyone (who cares about it) to learn about Universal Salvation, because it is the only real sensible way to think about God, and the reasoning that I have subscribed to.
This should be in recovery section!

Reactions: SVEN
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
You're not alone my brother/or sister in Christ. I feel very pathetic to call myself a Christian and be a member of this site. However, I trust that God has a plan for both me and you though and there's a reason He called us to be here. I'm only still on the Old Testament, but if I remember correctly the Bible tells us to comfort each other and come together, especially when we suspect the season of the return of our Lord is close...

Reactions: AgainChrisis, Unwr!tten, Challu and 1 other person
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
especially when we suspect the season of the return of our Lord is close...
I waited for the rapture for years. Literally just getting involved in tracking bible prophecy: blood moons, shemitah year, jubiliee years, referencing constellations, referencing "hidden" scripture, bible code.. etc. Is this the time, sure... I mean, I don't know why specifically now, but the world isn't getting any holier. Maybe a dozen more mass shootings will be enough.
However, I trust that God has a plan for both me and you though and there's a reason He called us to be here.
Agreed. If only that plan would be revealed.. but of course it wouldn't. It seems that the life you live, after you become a Christian IS your purpose. It seems like THAT is God's plan for you and me; that we recognize the importance our confession unto God and our need of a Savior and then live as either life-long stewards or martyrs for Christ.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AgainChrisis and LostinCyberspace
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023

I can identify with this a lot. I went to seminary to become an evangelist. Believe it or not, it was that experience that led me away from Christianity. I'm not going to persuade you to do the same, because you seem like you want to become a better Christian. For me, it was my life experience, plus my ever-increasing understanding of human nature that led me out. I found no comfort in the Christian religion nor Jesus for my pain. And that's what I really wanted was comfort and closure. The bible offered none of that, but just an ever-reiterated call to submit and repent and try to be this 'whiter-than-snow' sheep for my shepherd. It wasn't until I left and began actual meditation and seeking my own, clear vision of what is real that I came to my decision to ctb. Again, I'm not suggesting that you leave the faith. However, a lot of elements of Christianity really hindered me from seeing, with my own eyes and my own experience, what was real.

I wish you luck and love in your journey, whatever you decide to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Challu
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Agreed. If only that plan would be revealed.. but of course it wouldn't. It seems that the life you live, after you become a Christian IS your purpose. It seems like THAT is God's plan for you and me; that we recognize the importance our confession unto God and our need of a Savior and then live as either life-long stewards or martyrs for Christ.
I believe my fate will be decided not through my own actions, but through the actions of our Lord Jesus. I believe the main character of this world's story isn't me, but Jesus. Being a martyr or even preacher doesn't sound like something I could ever do, as I'm just a coward. I pray for strength and wisdom, but it seems like I never have enough of either. I like to think I'm where God needs me to be, but I don't know why he would have me be miserable.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Manfrotto99, AgainChrisis, Escapee and 2 others
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
I believe my fate will be decided not through my own actions, but through the actions of our Lord Jesus. I believe the main character of this world's story isn't me, but Jesus. Being a martyr or even preacher doesn't sound like something I could ever do, as I'm just a coward. I pray for strength and wisdom, but it seems like I never have enough of either. I like to think I'm where God needs me to be, but I don't know why he would have me be miserable.
Thank you. It makes sense to rely on God to use me, even with my incapabilities, suicidal thoughts and apathy. One of the reasons I don't outright leave this faith is because I acknowledge that I am ultimately going to be used by God in some way. Even if it means I die in such an embarrassing state, maybe it would serve some kind of function. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I'm just trying to say that the reality where I kill myself, is a definite possibility.. and if I choose that, I would hope that even my death could be of some use to God... maybe that's just ignorant well-wishing.. but there's just a way that the human-mind thinks when trying to comprehend this reality.. putting it all through the lens of Christianity is even more difficult. Even so, reading the Bible is the best solution for a Christian who has questions about this reality, and when the Bible can't quite answer something.. you just have to totally rely on God.. and its very uncomfortable.. but I'd imagine its the best place to be..

sad thing is, even though suicide is such a polarizing topic in Christianity, it goes on the list of the "unknowable" topics on the Bible, which have resulted in tons of discussion and study. Oh, the irony.
I can identify with this a lot. I went to seminary to become an evangelist. Believe it or not, it was that experience that led me away from Christianity. I'm not going to persuade you to do the same, because you seem like you want to become a better Christian. For me, it was my life experience, plus my ever-increasing understanding of human nature that led me out. I found no comfort in the Christian religion nor Jesus for my pain. And that's what I really wanted was comfort and closure. The bible offered none of that, but just an ever-reiterated call to submit and repent and try to be this 'whiter-than-snow' sheep for my shepherd. It wasn't until I left and began actual meditation and seeking my own, clear vision of what is real that I came to my decision to ctb. Again, I'm not suggesting that you leave the faith. However, a lot of elements of Christianity really hindered me from seeing, with my own eyes and my own experience, what was real.

Thank you. Thank for your story. I'm sorry that you're also looking to ctb. I personally won't leave Christianity. I'm going to do a "ride or die" type of faith and just hope in the promises of Christ. And hope in God's forgiveness and mercy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AgainChrisis, Escapee and LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I wish God would give us a concrete answer on suicide. However, everything we need to know is hidden in the Bible... somewhere...
You seem like a smart person to not give up Christianity, as the only way to realize if something is true is to know it and study it. The Bible tells us to test all things, could that mean our reasons for wanting to die?

I'm reading a bit of the Bible every Sunday, even if sometimes I only feel like reading a few pages. I'm currently on 1 Samuel in the Old Testament but working my way to the very end. Do you read the Bible? Where are you in it?

I like how some people in the Bible don't start their "missions" until they're older. It makes me think that even though I just waste most of my life on my computer God just has me backstage.

• Hugs
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I can't quite give a like to your post since I'm agnostic, but I'm glad that you found universalism which is the only way God would make sense to me.

That's why I was a hindu for years even though I was born in the west. Everyone gets a chance at salvation.

Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
I wish God would give us a concrete answer on suicide. However, everything we need to know is hidden in the Bible... somewhere...
You seem like a smart person to not give up Christianity, as the only way to realize if something is true is to know it and study it. The Bible tells us to test all things, could that mean our reasons for wanting to die?

I'm reading a bit of the Bible every Sunday, even if sometimes I only feel like reading a few pages. I'm currently on 1 Samuel in the Old Testament but working my way to the very end. Do you read the Bible? Where are you in it?

I like how some people in the Bible don't start their "missions" until they're older. It makes me think that even though I just waste most of my life on my computer God just has me backstage.
Well, I guess I'm being convicted here. I definitely DO read the Word of God, however, I understand that there is "reading the Bible" and "reading to receive understanding", of which I would say I'm not doing.. but I couldn't even say that I'm not... I don't know. I feel that you mean to say, "are you trusting in God to give you understanding", rather than, "where are you in the Bible right now" ... even though I literally am reading and hearing it everyday, whether by radio, youtube, sermons, debates.. I literally have 5 Youtube tabs on Christian apathy that I'm watching right now.

Anyways, all of that is just to say that I "smatter" my way through the Bible. Going through whichever story or topic that I feel I need to understand more on.

I like how some people in the Bible don't start their "missions" until they're older
Wow. That is some wise insight. As if to say that God actually uses us "in due time". Understanding more of this might help me be more trusting in God.
I don't shy away from the bible, even through topics of perseverance and "dying" to my will and heart's desire.. but it doesn't quite satisfy this... reality of sin, and mankind's estrangement from God. I want that part to be over. And no matter the earthly task, i feel that nothing is better than to finally be with God... and I'm willing to end my life to be present where He is.. even if I get punished.

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Okay, so first, I want to start by saying that in my post, I do not intend to proselytize or anything, but I do wanna share my experience.

So, I'm a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) and while suicide isn't condoned in our church, and is actually something many would discourage, we also don't believe that you will be punished for doing so.

Without getting into too much detail, we don't believe in a literal Hell, we don't believe in the whole brimstone and fire shtick, though we do believe in something else.

What we mainly believe and what's important is that we believe in a plan of happiness. We believe God is our Father in Heaven and as our father, he wants nothing but happiness and joy for us, so he created a plan, where we as his children get to have and exercise "Agency" or the right to free will and do as we like. We don't believe that God controls every aspect of our life but that we decide many things in our own life and no matter what happens in the end or where we end up, Heavenly Father will guide us to eternal peace and joy.

What does that mean if we commit suicide?
It means we die.
It's the same result as if we died any other way.
God loves us so he will find a way for us to find peace and happiness.

If you have any questions, let me know. I won't be arguing or debating my religion, but I just wanted to share that.

This is a main reason I believe competent adults have the right to die, because we should have our agency and be allowed to choose.

Reactions: Manfrotto99
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Well, I guess I'm being convicted here. I definitely DO read the Word of God, however, I understand that there is "reading the Bible" and "reading to receive understanding", of which I would say I'm not doing.. but I couldn't even say that I'm not... I don't know. I feel that you mean to say, "are you trusting in God to give you understanding", rather than, "where are you in the Bible right now" ... even though I literally am reading and hearing it everyday, whether by radio, youtube, sermons, debates.. I literally have 5 Youtube tabs on Christian apathy that I'm watching right now.

Anyways, all of that is just to say that I "smatter" my way through the Bible. Going through whichever story or topic that I feel I need to understand more on.

Wow. That is some wise insight. As if to say that God actually uses us "in due time". Understanding more of this might help me be more trusting in God.
I don't shy away from the bible, even through topics of perseverance and "dying" to my will and heart's desire.. but it doesn't quite satisfy this... reality of sin, and mankind's estrangement from God. I want that part to be over. And no matter the earthly task, i feel that nothing is better than to finally be with God... and I'm willing to end my life to be present where He is.. even if I get punished.
My plan is to read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation before my next attempt. I read a little on Sunday then have it in the back of my head to reflect on the rest of the week. I pray that God will guide me to where I need to be when I decide to make that decision.

Do you think that the Lord finds you're conviction to be with Him evil, or innocent? Like a lost child looking for their father's house. It's true however that the Lord says in the Bible people who love death hate Him. But I have no hatred for God that I'm aware of. I'll need to read more and hope He, in His mercy and wisdom, leads me to the right conclusion.

Also, I'm newer here. How do you quote multiple parts of post like that, friend? By the way, what do you think of the idea of Purgatory in Catholicism?

LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Without getting into too much detail, we don't believe in a literal Hell, we don't believe in the whole brimstone and fire shtick, though we do believe in something else.
Like this?
What we mainly believe and what's important is that we believe in a plan of happiness.
Doing it right?

Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Okay, so first, I want to start by saying that I'm my post, I do not intend to proselytize or anything, but I do wanna share my experience.

So, I'm a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) and while suicide isn't condoned in our church, and is actually something many would discourage, we also don't believe that you will be punished for doing so.

What we mainly believe and what's important is that we believe in a plan of happiness. We believe God is our Father in Heaven and as our father, he wants nothing but happiness and joy for us, so he created a plan, where we as his children get to have and exercise "Agency" or the right to free will and do as we like. We don't believe that God controls every aspect of our life but that we decide many things in our own life and no matter what happens in the end or where we end up, Heavenly Father will guide us to eternal peace and joy.

What does that mean if we commit suicide?
It means we die.
It's the same result as if we died any other way.

If you have any questions, let me know. I won't be arguing or debating m6 religion, but I just wanted to share that.

This is a main reason I believe competent adults have the right to die, because we should have our agency and be allowed to choose.
HOw dArE YoU tRY TO pAtrOniZe Mee!!!

Jk :p. Thanks for you words. I really like that your faith has a much more reasonable outlook on the afterlife and death.
Amen. There is no other way to view God's love. It should literally be an impossibility for God to do the opposite.

• Love
Reactions: LostinCyberspace and Unwr!tten
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
HOw dArE YoU tRY TO pAtrOniZe Mee!!!

Jk :p. Thanks for you words. I really like that your faith has a much more reasonable outlook on the afterlife and death.
:P

I just want to remind people that we are all sinners who struggle and if God loves us, he would want us to be happy.

Why would a loving God want us to suffer here when it's past our limit? I don't think God WANTS us to die and I think when we do, he sorrows for us, but at the same time, I don't think he's going to punish us for being in too much pain to stay.
Like this?

Doing it right?
Yep

• Yay!
Reactions: Challu and LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I just want to remind people that we are all sinners who struggle and if God loves us, he would want us to be happy.

Why would a loving God want us to suffer here when it's past our limit? I don't think God WANTS us to die and I think when we do, he sorrows for us, but at the same time, I don't think he's going to punish us for being in too much pain to stay.
I think this is and admirable take on Christianity. I like to think God only sends the people to Hell who WANT to go there, and those who actively join Lucifer in his rebellion, hoping that he'll defeat our Lord.
Thank you for helping me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Challu and Unwr!tten
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I think this is and admirable take on Christianity. I like to think God only sends the people to Hell who WANT to go there, and those who actively join Lucifer in his rebellion, hoping that he'll defeat our Lord.
Exactly.

• Hugs
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Also, I'm newer here. How do you quote multiple parts of post like that, friend? By the way, what do you think of the idea of Purgatory in Catholicism?
You're doing it now :). In my opinion, purgatory is not an actual literal place/part of Bible. I do however, believe the the "purifying judgement" of Purgatory is actually evidenced in the way God judges Christians works, as referenced in 1 Corinthians 3:15. I also, believe that the the lake of fire exists in the same way, as a place of refining of souls that is made more evident in some translations in the Bible.

My plan is to read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation before my next attempt. I read a little on Sunday then have it in the back of my head to reflect on the rest of the week. I pray that God will guide me to where I need to be when I decide to make that decision.

Do you think that the Lord finds you're conviction to be with Him evil, or innocent? Like a lost child looking for their father's house. It's true however that the Lord says in the Bible people who love death hate Him. But I have no hatred for God that I'm aware of. I'll need to read more and hope He, in His mercy and wisdom, leads me to the right conclusion.
Great question. Thank you. The conviction felt... almost innocent. Like, I could actually laugh at myself for being ignorant, but at the same time, appreciate God for allowing to me be receptive to my error in judgement. Being convicted by God feels good. Feels like God is actually ordering my thoughts. I don't hate the God who loves me, Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. But I absolutely despise the God that will throw 99% of humanity into eternal conscious torment.. which is the God of the Catholics and Evangelicals (even if they don't purport it)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I do however, believe the the "purifying judgement" of Purgatory is actually evidenced in the way God judges Christians works, as referenced in 1 Corinthians 3:15. I also, believe that the the lake of fire exists in the same way, as a place of refining of souls that is made more evident in some translations in the Bible.
I just read it now and I also read 1 Corinthians 3:18 as well as 1 Corinthians 3:20 . I think God is revealing his plan for me to me, but only in little ways that take a lot of effort for me to understand right now. I need to be humble and be happy with what little work I do get done for Him.
But I absolutely despise the God that will throw 99% of humanity into eternal conscious torment.. which is the God of the Catholics and Evangelicals (even if they don't purport it)
I also wonder why He would do that. I wonder if something happens to people maybe in the future that will tempt so many that it's seen as a reasonable measure to take?
The conviction felt... almost innocent.
Could He be so righteous and good that even when we think we're walking with Him there's something we're missing?

• Love
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Could He be so righteous and good that even when we think we're walking with Him there's something we're missing?
This is my fear, and the entire point of this thread I made: never being good enough for God.
I always had this problem because I never thought that "resting" in the love of God, or being at peace with my soul within the reality of the work done on the cross, was something that a Christian should do. I tell myself to embrace God's love, so that I don't go back into this way of thinking, but, I feel as through my inability or laziness or apathy just "builds up" too much and now God is less pleased, less loving... constantly wanting me to make a big move to "advance" the kingdom.

Should I get out of my comfort zone and do what I can for the sake of the Gospel of Christ, - of course. And just like that, I'm stuck in a mindset where I'm waiting for God to "guide" me to do something, so that I can get the nagging monkey off of my back; the monkey that tells me that I'm a bad Christian..

• Hugs
Reactions: Manfrotto99 and LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
This is my fear, and the entire point of this thread I made: never being good enough for God.
I always had this problem because I never thought that "resting" in the love of God, or being at peace with my soul within the reality of the work done on the cross, was something that a Christian should do. I tell myself to embrace God's love, so that I don't go back into this way of thinking, but, I feel as through my inability or laziness or apathy just "builds up" too much and now God is less pleased, less loving... constantly wanting me to make a big move to "advance" the kingdom.

Should I get out of my comfort zone and do what I can for the sake of the Gospel of Christ, - of course. And just like that, I'm stuck in a mindset where I'm waiting for God to "guide" me to do something, so that I can get the nagging monkey off of my back; the monkey that tells me that I'm a bad Christian..
Perhaps you're doing exactly what he needs you to do by talking to me. You could be advancing His kingdom without even realizing it. I think my job is just a small part in something much greater. I don't need to be the hero, I would be happy just being the hermit who the hero comes to for directions.

Just do whatever you're comfortable and able to do. I never used to be social towards anyone even online but something inside me made me want to try. I think the Holy Spirit gives us strength when ours is weak...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Manfrotto99, AgainChrisis, Escapee and 1 other person
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Does being suicidal effect your faith ?
Are you angry at God ?
I shouldn't be but I am angry at him. Tried to live a righteous life and want to die so bad. I got a daughter too and loving family. I've begged for his help for years. But don't get any.

• Hugs
Reactions: LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Does being suicidal effect your faith ?
Are you angry at God ?
I try to practice my religion even though I get the urge to off myself a lot. I believe that God exists and that He is real because of strange things that happen in this world. I would never hate God but sometimes I feel like He has a very tough way of showing His love for us. I'm a usually a very patient person, though, so it's more like I get annoyed by the direction he makes my life go in. I know He's working on His own plan and I'm just a part in it, though.
I got a daughter too and loving family.
He is a God of Life, after all and I think that's very beautiful. I'm sure God has a plan for both you and them. Christianity has always given me a very warm feeling, like everything is going to be okay.
I've begged for his help for years. But don't get any.
From what I've read so far in the Bible, I think God's plan is set in stone and He doesn't change it. He has a certain time and place He wants you to be, I'm sure. This world is very cruel and heartless, and I don't have the answer. I'll pray for you and your family and maybe the Lord will show you how He wants to help you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AgainChrisis, LoiteringClouds, Escapee and 2 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I'm no kind of teacher to give answers or advice, however would it help you to think of your faith (whatever it was) more as a way of life, than a rulebook of answers.
Sorry, that's all I've got, but I wish you well. Perhaps you might find more people in your situation in the recovery section.

E

Escapee

Student
Jan 14, 2023

The truth is you can't understand God or what he wants from you what he is like. Unless he himself reveal himself to you.

If you follow the teaching or words of many church's and Christians yes you will be appalled. I agree with you but this is my experience nobody told me or preached me when I came to God he revealed himself to me. Even after I become a believer of Jesus I couldn't agree with churches and Christians.

They preach a different God. Different expectations that didn't help me but once I saw and met God In my dream the difference from what I learned about him from churches and some Christians was black and white. When God reveal himself to you you can't stop yourself from loving him. Is there anything you can possibly love more not for me.

My prayer for everyone reading this is May God reveal himself to you not people.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
The thing is you can't understand God or what he wants from you what he is like. Unless he himself reveal himself to you.

If you follow the teaching or words of many church's and Christians yes you will be appalled. I agree with you but this is my experience nobody told me or preached me when I came to God he revealed himself to me. Even after I become a believer of Jesus I couldn't agree with churches and Christians.

They preach a different God. Different expectations that didn't help me but once I saw and met God In my dream the difference from what I learned about him from churches and some Christians was black and white. When God reveal himself to you you can't stop yourself from loving him. Is there anything you can possibly love more not for me.

My prayer for everyone reading this is May God reveal himself to you not people.
Amen, I pray this as well.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I don't believe in it because I'm deterministic. In the rest of what you wrote I have nothing to say, only the direct allusion you made to why I am not a believer caught my attention.

//

No hi crec perquè sóc determinista. En la resta del que has escrit no hi tinc pas res a dir, només m'ha cridat l'atenció l'alusió directe que has fet al perquè no sóc creient.

E

Escapee

Student
Jan 14, 2023
... The Bible tells us to test all things, could that mean our reasons for wanting to die?

That is what I exactly believe even though That verse may not be referring to suicide.

And I have done that for years and finally realised that it is God's willing I commit suicide.

You may not want to agree. I understand I wouldn't agree myself if you say to me my suicide is the will of God a few years back but after years of prayer I got this God send revelation God is not against my suicide. In fact it is his willing.
But maybe I can only speak about myself I don't now. Suicide is not God's plan for everyone he has his own plan for each of his children.