• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Anyone here been on Abilify? Did you have good results with it? Side effects?

My psych doc just gave me a prescription because he doesn't think my previous meds have helped. Thanks.

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and 3 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Never heard of it. Sorry I can't help

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and 1 other person
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
me .. it didnt help me .. i became like a zombie ..couldnt think or be myself

Reactions: Circles, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
I've been on it for quite a long time in the past as an add-on therapy with various antidepressants.
Not a good experience. It gave me strong akathisia and I had to take Akineton (Biperiden) for how bad it was. Problem is, Akineton is an antimuscarinic, not the best thing in the world if you have to study/concentrate. Oh, and it didn't do anything depression-wise.

Altough I have to say that between the atypical antipsychotics I have tried (always to boost useless antidepressants), it's probably the most tolerable.
Compared to Paliperidone, Olanzapine and high-dose Quietiapine it's gold. All of them make me extremely dysphoric, zombified, suicidal and lethargic with only one dose. All of them give me akathisia too, wich combined with sedation feels much worse. I took only one or two doses of all of those and had to quit immediately.
The different effects are probabily due to the fact that Aripiprazole (Abilify) is atypical even for an atypical AP, as in lacks significant antagonism at H1 at alpha-adrenergic receptors, and, most importantly, is a partial agonist at D2R and not an antagonist or inverse agonist.

Personally I wouldn't touch that shit again even with a 10ft pole, but I'm not trying to scare you.
Maybe you'll have a positive experience, everyone's different.
I don't like the idea of long term treatment with AP, the side effects like the risk of tardive diskynesia (wich can be permanent) outweight the benefits IMO.
Also brain damage is to be taken into account. High-dose Haloperidol and Olanzapine decrease monkey brain volume from 8 to 11% after 24 months. That probably applies to all strong D2R antagonists/inverse agonist, as I said Abilify could be different. Not a thing for me anyway.

Reactions: Coolchicka, Cevapcici, esclava and 7 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

My psych doc just gave me a prescription because he doesn't think my previous meds have helped. Thanks.
I tried a similar class of drugs called Rexulti but because it was very activating, I started becoming actively suicidal on it. I got scared and stopped taking it. I had some withdrawal for some days but I was no longer actively suicidal. Was only on it a couple weeks. The psych no shit, wanted to up my dose when I mentioned it's making me suicidal lol! Freaking sadists. I don't trust psych doctors. Secretly she hopes I will kill myself lol! This psych lady is kind of cold that I used to see. She makes me nervous.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and 2 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Thank you everyone.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and Weeping Garbage Can
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yes. It helps with my depression. Side effects - hungry all the time and sleepy all the time. Those side effects are really shitty by the way but depression is worse.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Letmego. Please, Kdawg2018 and 2 others
Bilbobaggins

Bilbobaggins

In a hole
Aug 30, 2018
I take it daily to stop psychosis. It works for that. Got very hyper for a few days when I started. Keeps me sane(ish).

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Letmego. Please and 4 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I tried a similar class of drugs called Rexulti but because it was very activating, I started becoming actively suicidal on it. I got scared and stopped taking it. I had some withdrawal for some days but I was no longer actively suicidal. Was only on it a couple weeks. The psych no shit, wanted to up my dose when I mentioned it's making me suicidal lol! Freaking sadists. I don't trust psych doctors. Secretly she hopes I will kill myself lol! This psych lady is kind of cold that I used to see. She makes me nervous.
My doctor did the same! I was taking lexapro (for about 2 months) and told him i was still extremely depressed and having very bad side effects of nausea, fatigue inability to concentrate and his solution was to double my dose because the "low dose" was the problem and a higher dose would fix all of that! What a fucking idiot.

Reactions: Final Escape, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018

I was prescribed Ability after my first cutting incident. I got it in China, and the preparation he prescribed me was to be put under my tongue and dissolved. That worked out ok.

Went back home to the U.S. and was prescribed "normal" Abilify that had to be swallowed, and , for some reason it made me RAVENOUS. I couldn't get ENOUGH food. Had to stop it, then. But, when I got the under-the-tongue Ability, it was pretty great. Thanks for asking.

Reactions: Final Escape, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I was prescribed Ability after my first cutting incident. I got it in China, and the preparation he prescribed me was to be put under my tongue and dissolved. That worked out ok.

Went back home to the U.S. and was prescribed "normal" Abilify that had to be swallowed, and , for some reason it made me RAVENOUS. I couldn't get ENOUGH food. Had to stop it, then. But, when I got the under-the-tongue Ability, it was pretty great. Thanks for asking.

The normal Abilify has to be prescribed with Phentermine or you are going to want eat like there is no tomorrow like you said.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
The normal Abilify has to be prescribed with Phentermine or you are going to want eat like there is no tomorrow like you said.
Oh, really?!?! That's great to know! THANK you, Severen.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Oh, really?!?! That's great to know! THANK you, Severen.

Phentermine is like the standard drug that makes you less hungry and gives you more energy. I haven't noticed any side effects.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Reactions: Kdawg2018, Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
A

alwaystired96

Aug 24, 2018
I took abilify when I was 16 and had to get it changed because It would make me so groggy and lifeless.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Phentermine is like the standard drug that makes you less hungry and gives you more energy. I haven't noticed any side effects.
Kind of like Adderall?

Reactions: Final Escape, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Is this a standard thing??

I was on Abilify for a short time, but I started having uncontrollable muscle movements and had to stop it immediately. Can't say it was doing anything for my depression either.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I refused to take quietapine...in fact I refused to take anything... but I am on a conditional release so if I am not seen to be on some medication,it's back to a secure ward. It's supposed to be Abilify (Aripiprazole)....but tbh, I just order it on prescription and totally ignore it.
I guess you could say I'm a "difficult" patient.

Reactions: NoOneKnows, Final Escape, sif and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I had to stop taking Abilify. The Phentermine stopped counter acting the sleepiness side effect. My body got used to the Phentermine, I guess. And I can't live life, sleepy all the time otherwise I wont be able to accomplish anything.

Reactions: Final Escape and sif
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Yes. It helps with my depression. Side effects - hungry all the time and sleepy all the time. Those side effects are really shitty by the way but depression is worse.
Severen, why is your name crossed out?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
SpecialK

SpecialK

Student
Apr 15, 2019
Just got Abilify prescribed by my Dr. 2mg every night before sleep, 5mg after first week.
With Vyvanse and Effexor every morning.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Just got Abilify prescribed by my Dr. 2mg every night before sleep, 5mg after first week.
With Vyvanse and Effexor every morning.
Ure gonna be fucked up lol! Heavy duty shit right there. It's quite the cocktail.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I was on 800mg Quietapine(Seroquel) per day
One day I decided it was useless,so I just threw them away.
The Pdoc insisted I need some kind of antipsychotic so I reluctantly agreed to 10mg Abilify a day
But fuck that! I haven't taken any for over a year.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I just started ability yesterday they want me to stop with duloxentine because of the lack of appetite and hope that ability is more effective too early for me to say the pros and cons of it.

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Abilify was the only medication that helped me. BARE. IN. MIND. the first three weeks are rocky and emotional, and you may constantly feel drained and tried. You have to keep taking it and push through. It'll feel so much better after it's absorbed in your bloodstream and becomes part of you, y'know? 10/10 would recommend.

SpecialK

SpecialK

Student
Apr 15, 2019
I'm starting abilify right now. For the first time. 2mg per day for 7 days and after 10mg.

Hope it's not like most people on here said. Taking it now. Wish me luck.

Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
I was on 15 mg for some months last year, and it didn't helped me (at least not as it should, but it helped me a lot with sleeping. to become sleepy is a rare side effect.)
sadly i had to stop it a few months ago as I started with lithium.

SpecialK

SpecialK

Student
Apr 15, 2019
I am taking them for sleeping problems. Taking 2mg for now. 10mg next week. For now, I don't feel any effects when I take them. Also Dr told me it's a mood stabilizer.

Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
I have a permanent hand tremor from it. Fortunately in my non-dominent hand. So if you notice anything like that stop it right away. I didn't because doc said it would go away if/when I went off the drug at a later date. It has improved over time but that was more than a decade ago and I still have the slight tremor.