K

Kain10th

May 7, 2020
Anyone else feel hopeless about this planets future because of climate change?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kat!, Green Destiny, Nymph and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
With the wars and riots and just overall human hatred for one another.... I'd be more concerned about the immediate future. Humans keep acting like this and we'll be gone before climate change has a big enough impact to destroy everything.

Reactions: Green Destiny, Deleted member 19654, antigone_iris and 3 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Fuck climate change.
The universe will eventually die out, and all the planets will lose their energy until there is nothing left.
7dd.jpg

Reactions: Sensei, Fragile and Gnip
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
With the wars and riots and just overall human hatred for one another.... I'd be more concerned about the immediate future. Humans keep acting like this and we'll be gone before climate change has a big enough impact to destroy everything.
Yeah it seems were at that point in history again where the time for talk is over. Americans are gearing up and I dont blame them, after seeing the cities go up in flames...big change will happen soon in the world for better or worse

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
If you are so concerned you should probably do your own research and not just go off what alarmists tell you.
Why worry about climate change? humans will adapt as we always have.
The climate will change as it has always done regardless of industrialization and the idea that the west stopping its emissions will do anything is a farce.
It is unfair to actually expect developing nations to be less efficient.
We should worry about pollution in general and destroying our rainforests instead of this idea of anthropogenic global warming.

Reactions: Fragile, Disappointered, reticen and 2 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
If you are so concerned you should probably do your own research and not just go off what alarmists tell you.
Why worry about climate change? humans will adapt as we always have.
The climate will change as it has always done regardless of industrialization and the idea that the west stopping its emissions will do anything is a farce.
It is unfair to actually expect developing nations to be less efficient.
We should worry about pollution in general and destroying our rainforests instead of this idea of anthropogenic global warming.
Pollution in general and the destruction of the rainforests is a direct consequence of intense industrialization.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654, antigone_iris, waived and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Pollution in general and the destruction of the rainforests is a direct consequence of intense industrialization.
This is true but it is entirely natural for us to change our environment.
Humans are only animals after all and the idea that a utopia will one day exist is a giant meme.
Animals are in continual suffering and one could argue that the actions of humans which lead to their extinction is morally acceptable.

Reactions: Disappointered and reticen
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone else feel hopeless about this planets future because of climate change?

We have already seen some of the ways it will drastically alter human functioning. The problems emerging that we know of are greatly outpacing our and everything else's ability to adapt. It's also the product of an unsustainable and inherently exploitative human organization that is currently facing other crisis. Fun times.

Reactions: antigone_iris
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Not worried about the planet, worried about the unsustainable nature of human society. However, it was always going to happen, it's the natural order of things. We learn by our mistakes and survive, or don't and perish. As the years progress, I predict more and more bad stuff happening all at once.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Fragile and Disappointered
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
A massive asteroid or comet slamming into the planet can be enough to render discussions about climate change into an academic exercise. Beyond that, by the time it's evident there's a problem, it's often already too late.

Reactions: SmellyRat
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I'm torn between hating it and loving it because on one hand I know climate change will affect the poor the most because they won't have access to many depleting resources, they won't be able to just move from wherever climate change hits the hardest, etc and I hate that some people will have to suffer more than others.

On the other hand I love it because I'm an advocate for the eradication of our species and I love the idea that humanity is aiding its own extinction.

LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
Those concerned about the future of the human species should focus on adaptability rather than reacting to just the current change. Because until our technology increases by a couple orders of magnitude we're not going to be able to control things like climate.

On a personal level, as an antinatalist, I think it would be best for the human species to die out and eliminate all future suffering. Also, since I'm kind of an asshole, I don't care what happens one nanosecond after I die.

Reactions: woxihuanni, Disappointered and hoping to lose hope
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
All I know is I'm not gunna wait to find out probably 50 or more years until this happens

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
a thought i found interesting that the change at some point could be pretty quick and drastic.
a scientist compared this collapse of our climate with a cup which you slowly push over the edge and at some point of course its too far and it falls.

the cynic in me also thinks it would be good if we extinct before we settle on new planets and increase the chance to infect the universe with our despicable species over the centuries.
but i guess even if it gets pretty rough at least a few 10-100k will survive and adapt. it seems the rest is and was always cannon fodder for a few.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I am very sceptical of anything which is based on climate modules which are notoriously inaccurate and only real purpose akin to a terrorists bomb for igniting alarmism.
It would be nice to think if we do conquer the abyss of space we could become a utopia y using advanced tech to transfigure the human condition into making life wonderful but the reality is we would just have slave planets and anything else horrible because humanity does not care for itself in actuality beyond the individuals interests.
lolz a lil negative but whatevea
Just imagine the potential for torture if we were to crack human consciousness.
We could like totally have dissidents experiencing the worst horrors possible for the rest of their life or extended life with psychological time distortion making it subjectively last for eternity.
the cynic in me also thinks it would be good if we extinct before we settle on new planets

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, Fragile and Disappointered
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
I am very sceptical of anything which is based on climate modules which are notoriously inaccurate and only real purpose akin to a terrorists bomb for igniting alarmism.
It would be nice to think if we do conquer the abyss of space we could become a utopia y using advanced tech to transfigure the human condition into making life wonderful but the reality is we would just have slave planets and anything else horrible because humanity does not care for itself in actuality beyond the individuals interests.
lolz a lil negative but whatevea
Just imagine the potential for torture if we were to crack human consciousness.
We could like totally have dissidents experiencing the worst horrors possible for the rest of their life or extended life with psychological time distortion making it subjectively last for eternity.

to some point i think the terrors of the future will become pretty bad when i read about experiments where information can be already somehow be extracted from our minds or some triggers are set with outside impulses.

and also some scenario where we settle for example on mars. then it would not be a fight between countries it would be a fight between planets. "the expanse" book/tv catches this partly pretty well.
sometimes for me it seems that these are some mass psychological effects where people get so caught in their echo chambers and are so obsessed with the believe that they know where to go that it on the long run always ends with killing each other.

for me it looks sometimes that the brain and their safety measures to function and how it developed during the evolution, seems more and more unfit to work properly. sometimes i like to call it or humans an evolutionary mistake ^^

Last edited:
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I don't know but, the best way to phrase it is this : Humans are their own worst enemy.

We don't have natural predators.

We make constant errors without learning anything. But I guess that's the charm of being curious.

sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
There is so many theories that I don't even know which one to believe anymore. One thing is for sure the planet has been very quiet for a while. This virus gave the planet a break for a while. Less pollution for example.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
There is so many theories that I don't even know which one to believe anymore. One thing is for sure the planet has been very quiet for a while. This virus gave the planet a break for a while. Less pollution for example.
Everything will go back to normal and be all icky soot everywhere.
It is not like china will stop industrializing at all so...

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Since the first COP in 1992 the release of greenhouse gases has not decreased, but increased with 60 %. We can obviously not break this vicious cycle, so we have to focus on preparing ourselves for what's coming instead. The most pressing matters are flooding, disease control, mass migration, and food shortage.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
That right there is the problem. Nothing to limit our unsustainable growth but our own ignorance.

There was a movie with an alien flower who ate everybody. That was a nice movie.