voidliquid

voidliquid

Jun 14, 2020
I had a thought.

Do you think, that there would be less innocent lives lost by murderers, who's only aim is to kill either for the thrill, or to simply experience it - IF there were such a system in place which; those who wish to end their own lives could volunteer to have their lives taken by such people.

(ignore the morality & political complications of this question - it's simply hypothetical)

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I really don't think that this would work even in a world where morality doesn't interfere with it.

It may even end up causing more murders and violent crimes simply because it would normalize those in society, the worst part is that the human brain works by escalation, so what would end up happening is that the people who seek these kind of thrills will end up wanting more, and then more violently, and at some point the system in place would not be able to satiate them.

A similar thing is happening with illegal substances being legalized, there are far more cases of heavy cannabis dependence than ever before, still a minority, but it's undeniable that they exist now that cannabis is being legalized in many countries. Then there's the issue of escalation in terms of trying more and harder substances, say whatever you want, but weed is 100% a gateway drug for people already predisposed to these addictions, at some point you'll want to try more substances, but those won't be available in the same dispensaries, so you start seeking black markets and feeding them, then they become larger and more available because if there's demand, there will always be someone seeking to capitalize from it.

Just imagine the markets and this would end up creating.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Amumu
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
That kind of just encourages a whole archive of unhealthy traits, I'd be fine if doctors would just allow us to ingest N if requested.

Reactions: voidliquid
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I wouldn't volunteer to be murdered by a psychopath.
I want to die quickly and as painlessly as possible, not tortured to death.

• Love
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44, voidliquid, alice-in-wonderland and 3 others