TheBigBurden

TheBigBurden

Antisocial and yet I’m here
Dec 27, 2019

This is probably really stupid but I saw one of these in my house and thought it might simulate the choke hold.
My anxiety is through the roof I'm really anxious about even posting but I thought maybe someone could maybe come up with something based on this idea of simulating an arm. Maybe improve on this base idea. So my thinking was if that choke hold is banned in wrestling where I assume the guys usually have thick necks maybe when using an arm type thing its more accurate in hitting the carotid arteries?
I'm so anxious I probably won't come back to this thread for a while.

• Love
Reactions: SpinningSong and glitterproof
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Its not stupid. Wish someone invented working choke hold contraption already. i believe it would really need to be tightened well because shaking will loosen it and move it out of spot if just left there. Hope you figure something out

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It makes sense from an engineering perspective, but how would you tighten it from behind and get it to hold?

With the tourniquet method, you don't get the same hold on the cartoids that you would with a choke hold, but if it works, it's because the lever is accessed from the side rather than from the rear.

If there was a way to get the arms of the object to tighten behind while being twisted by a lever from the side, and get the lever to hold, then it would be accessible. With tourniquet, the lever is held in place because it's blocked by the body or by an object such as a bed.

Reactions: TheBigBurden
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
The downside to contraptions are that the more moving parts involved, the more points of failure. The other part of this that you would have to resolve is that the V shape will naturally move forward since it is a wedge. There would have to be a back section keeping it from moving forward. This part would have to also adjust as the device tried to close, since the angle will be changing. That brings us to another possible point of failure. I don't say these for the purpose of discouragement but instead for giving you some things to consider while you brainstorm your design.

EDIT: To clarify, I realize you were considering a bungee cord, which would be similar to the back section I was referencing, but I am not sure how well it would prevent the forward sliding motion as well as fine tuning the tension could be an issue. Doing things behind your back can be a pita for some.

EDIT 2: To be honest, I would be extremely careful as fiddling with things like this might put you in a unpleasant situation. I recommend going with traditional known methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigBurden