J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022

Awesome riffs and everything, but it's the lyrics that really make the song for me. They might seem very simple, but i think there is a really powerful message behind them.

The whole concept of love is almost like this sort of deception, built right into our language. No-one can really define it, but everyone keeps talking about it.

On the other hand, when we talk about sadism, it's always from the victims perspective. It explains nothing, it doesn't even want to explain, or understand. But why is that? You think evil in us is going to disappear by swiping it under the rug? Would being honest about what evil is make us more evil?

Because in the end, what we call sadism, or schadenfreude, is just a form of love. Extreme love of self, combined with the lack of all love for others. Going in to extremes, some psycho gets the same chemical reaction when torturing someone else to death as you might get holding hands with a loved one. You can't have the one without the other, that's the problem with how life works. Makes all those syrupy pop ballads sound pretty different for me.