Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Do any of you ever experience what might be referred to as "waking up?"

Recently, I've been recovering from COVID. I was mostly ok when I initially learned I had it. I actually felt better with it. It was like...I was back somehow.

I suppose I've been dissociating all this time, immersing myself in la-la land, and now I'm beginning to retreat back there.

What do you think, guys? Have you gone through something similar?

(Note: I regularly deal with intrusive thoughts. I'm sorry if it seems like I've brought up this subject a lot. )

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and Dead Meat
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
I can relate to the feeling of 'waking up' as i heavily daydream.

For me, life is much better when daydreaming. I feel a sense of 'rightness' there if that makes sense?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: blazysuzan, Alcoholic Teletubby and Dead Meat
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm pretty sure I've been dissociating for decades, every once in awhile I have moments of clarity. Doctors haven't been able to figure me out and I've stopped trying.

Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
I can relate to the feeling of 'waking up' as i heavily daydream.

For me, life is much better when daydreaming. I feel a sense of 'rightness' there if that makes sense?
'Kinda like it's where you belong? 'Like...it's where your true self is.
I'm pretty sure I've been dissociating for decades, every once in awhile I have moments of clarity. Doctors haven't been able to figure me out and I've stopped trying.
Has it interfered with your day-to-day life? Or did you only momentarily feel worried about it?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klophy
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
I think it's happened, but it's not very often. Sometimes when I hear people talking about normal life things like getting married or having kids and it makes the reality snap back to me because I know I'll never be able to have any of those things.
It usually just brings me distress so I try to ignore it because it's beyond my control yknow? I've struggled with daydreaming sense elementary school so I'm good at blocking shit out. It's easier when it's just online, when its irl it genuinely makes me shut down. I get so angry because it makes me think "oh maybe if i dressed different and put on makeup that could be me" but I know thats not true sense i've tried that before and I didnt get anything out of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby and Klophy
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Idk it's hard to explain I wish I would've ctb 30 years ago, my existence is futile.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby and Klophy
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
I think it's happened, but it's not very often. Sometimes when I hear people talking about normal life things like getting married or having kids and it makes the reality snap back to me because I know I'll never be able to have any of those things.
It usually just brings me distress so I try to ignore it because it's beyond my control yknow? I've struggled with daydreaming sense elementary school so I'm good at blocking shit out. It's easier when it's just online, when its irl it genuinely makes me shut down. I get so angry because it makes me think "oh maybe if i dressed different and put on makeup that could be me" but I know thats not true sense i've tried that before and I didnt get anything out of it.
I think that we're experiencing a similar situation in which we are attempting to detach from reality. When it comes knocking on your door, you start to consider how you might begin to live your life on a daily basis. So you try to use changing how you dress or applying makeup as a starting point for change. However, since that is only a temporary source of drive, it has no effect.

There's also the desire to steer clear of what appears to be the life that others have planned for you, but which doesn't fit with your aspirations or objectives.
Yeah, exactly like that. I feel a sense of peace there that I never feel on this side.
How could you, honestly?