• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
My attempt November 16th 2008.
How: 2008 Honda Civic EX into a wall at 75 MPH
<DONT TRY THIS!>

I have been in coma before for 3 months, and I just remember quite a few vivid dreams with no feelings involved in them. I wasnt happy, I wasnt sad, I was just neutral. Waking up was one of the most fucked up experiences of my life.

When I woke up I had a trach, catheter, feeding tube, and 2 IVs with multiple bags attached to each. I was not able to move, or speak or communicate in anyway. I woke up instantly frustrated, and started making loud random noises not understanding what was going on or who I was even. I remember when the nurses came in when I woke up and I thought immediately and still think to this day that I had been kidnapped by North Korea and they were stealing my organs so I attempted to escape. I ripped out my trach, feeding tube, IVs, catheters.

I attempted to stand up, and am immediately pushed back down before I could even get up. I did not stop trying to get up for a while. Eventually they restrained my arms, legs, and had mittens on my hands. All equipment was reinserted... I stay this way for days internally I felt that I was a prisoner. There was nothing I could do I was so atrophied from 3 months of coma.

<There is much more but it will take a very long time to write this all out and well I dont have the energy to type it>

Once I am able to understand somewhat I am told I had a Traumatic Brain Injury in my frontal left lobe, my face and skull were fractured to the point where I had surgery to remove all the bone fragments and it is replaced with titanium in the left side of my face, and skull, and I had nerve damage in my left side.<almost 11 years later I still cannot feel my teeth.>

This is a little about it if you want to hear more or see my trach scar let me know I can take a photo and blur the middle half of my face and show. I will do some gesture you choose so you know it is actually me. It feels good to talk about this to me I am glad I am able to do that here without judgement.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TAW122, 21Neberg, lululoo and 11 others
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Please continue to talk about it and share what you feel comfortable and safe sharing. It's sad but it is reality and your experience. I can't imagine the terror and futility id feel after a failed attempt or an accident. Thank you for sharing...

Reactions: Circles, Isabelx, TheGoodGuy and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Wow! That's crazy, guess it wasn't your time.

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
My attempt November 16th 2008.
How: 2008 Honda Civic EX into a wall at 75 MPH
<DONT TRY THIS!>

I have been in coma before for 3 months, and I just remember quite a few vivid dreams with no feelings involved in them. I wasnt happy, I wasnt sad, I was just neutral. Waking up was one of the most fucked up experiences of my life.

When I woke up I had a trach, catheter, feeding tube, and 2 IVs with multiple bags attached to each. I was not able to move, or speak or communicate in anyway. I woke up instantly frustrated, and started making loud random noises not understanding what was going on or who I was even. I remember when the nurses came in when I woke up and I thought immediately and still think to this day that I had been kidnapped by North Korea and they were stealing my organs so I attempted to escape. I ripped out my trach, feeding tube, IVs, catheters.

I attempted to stand up, and am immediately pushed back down before I could even get up. I did not stop trying to get up for a while. Eventually they restrained my arms, legs, and had mittens on my hands. All equipment was reinserted... I stay this way for days internally I felt that I was a prisoner. There was nothing I could do I was so atrophied from 3 months of coma.

<There is much more but it will take a very long time to write this all out and well I dont have the energy to type it>

Once I am able to understand somewhat I am told I had a Traumatic Brain Injury in my frontal left lobe, my face and skull were fractured to the point where I had surgery to remove all the bone fragments and it is replaced with titanium in the left side of my face, and skull, and I had nerve damage in my left side.<almost 11 years later I still cannot feel my teeth.>

This is a little about it if you want to hear more or see my trach scar let me know I can take a photo and blur the middle half of my face and show. I will do some gesture you choose so you know it is actually me. It feels good to talk about this to me I am glad I am able to do that here without judgement.
Sorry you went through that. too depressed to type more but i i give u a big hug for whats its worth ^^

Reactions: Final Escape, Wolfjob_dayjob, Seaghost and 1 other person
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Thank you for sharing that. I drive a 2004 civic with airbag issues and have thought about doing just what you did. That must have been awful to wake up like that. Glad you're here and no one will judge you. Big hug.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to hear about your attempt @PatKat and the experience of being in ICU and the hospital sounds really awful. :'(