N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
Yesterday I was in a supermarket and had to kneel down get something on the bottom shelf towards the back of it. When I tried to get up, I had a lot of trouble and I fell over lol.
I am 44. Way older than I ever wanted to be, and I am one of those people where the prospect of aging even more scares the shit out of me.
While I was able to laugh a bit afterwards, I just find it as a sign that I am physically getting older and it's stuff like that that makes me terrified that something horrible could happen physically at any time. Some days I think of that every time I walk down the stairs that I could potentially trip and injure myself.
Anyone got any similar experiences where it makes you think yup, I am Actually getting old?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Ondine0000ff
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
When a Nurse checks my BP & sugar levels, then says, "You're not too bad … for a guy of your age!"

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yesterday I was in a supermarket and had to kneel down get something on the bottom shelf towards the back of it. When I tried to get up, I had a lot of trouble and I fell over lol.
I am 44. Way older than I ever wanted to be, and I am one of those people where the prospect of aging even more scares the shit out of me.
While I was able to laugh a bit afterwards, I just find it as a sign that I am physically getting older and it's stuff like that that makes me terrified that something horrible could happen physically at any time. Some days I think of that every time I walk down the stairs that I could potentially trip and injure myself.
Anyone got any similar experiences where it makes you think yup, I am Actually getting old?
How stiff my body feels, I remember being so flexible when I was a child and even in my teenage years now I feel so stiff in my body and it can sometimes be hard even to get my socks on. So I am trying to muster up some energy at some point to see if Yoga could help losing my body up and feel younger and more agile like when I was younger. Sometimes it can feel like being a robot in the sense that I can only move certain ways not that I look physically handicapped to people I just feel limited in my movement as I have grown older like if I have to sit down on the ground how hard it can be to get down and up and how much strain it puts on my body where as a child you have like 100% agility so you don´t even think about it you just do it and don´t feel any discomfort in the movement.
When a Nurse checks my BP & sugar levels, then says, "You're not too bad … for a guy of your age!"
Ouch at the last line, it sucks we have to age so much physically when mentally we often feel as if we are in our 20´s but just stuck in an old body.

I also got my BP taken a week ago but it was 46 which was pretty neat.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoPoint2Life and SVEN