DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
An uplifting showerthought

The world is a cruel place, where how luck determines how each and every individual's life goes. And unfortunately, it's usually the cruel, selfish, and ruthless people who thrive... and those who are good and have a gentle heart who have to struggle.
In this world, it may seem as though no good deed goes unpunished and each time we try to be good and remain compassionate, life will find a way to beat us down. But... I'd say we should take this as a challenge.
No matter what happens to us, no matter what hardships we face, we mustn't allow our pure innocent self to die. We mustn't allow ourselves to become rotten like the rest of the people in this world.
Cause if we so much as forget ourselves, to allow inner child to die, our gentle nature, just so we don't have to experience anymore hardship, we'll face an even greater hardship. The hardship of knowing we let our souls rot.
It's one thing to kill yourself, but it's better to die knowing you didn't become like "them". After all... as much of a feat of strength it is to remain a good soul your whole life on this earth, you've at least put up a good fight. Either way, try to be the best person you can be.

That is all.

• Love
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Wisdom3_1-9, Brink and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It is far more wretched to harm than to be harmed.

- Seneca

The best way of avenging yourself is to not become like them.

- Marcus Aurelius

• Love
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Wisdom3_1-9, Brink and 5 others