• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

plast1c_sk1n

plast1c_sk1n

✘ no longer human ✘
Jul 4, 2024
(spoilers)

Just watched A Quiet Place: Day One in theatres with my friends the other day and I just wanted to talk about it because I think this is the first time I've ever seen suicide portrayed in a film in a way that didn't demonize it and it was really heartwarming. The movie ends with the main character going back into the city (after bringing her friend & pet cat to safety) to be killed by the monsters that have invaded. It's implied that the main character suffers from some sort of chronic/terminal illness that causes her to have to live in a hospital & take medication/pain killers constantly. Suicide as a form of relieving ones self from an illness is incredibly controversial so I was happy to see it finally portrayed in a positive way as opposed to a selfish decision. Throughout the movie she is able to experience things she was never able to while depressed and isolated in the hospital. She opens up to someone else for the first time, she visits the bar where her father used to play piano (and finds a photograph of her as a child with him and the other performers), and gets to eat the pizza that she had been craving (as it reminds her of when she used to get pizza with her dad after his shows) She ends her life by walking through the city, breathing in the air and listening to music (which draws the monsters towards her), looking so peaceful and content. And the friend that she made during the movie even smiles after reading the note that she had left for him and realizing what she was doing. Her death isn't considered a selfish act but instead an ending where even her friend can be happy for her, knowing she made the choice that she wanted to make. (And her cat that she protected throughout the entire movie is now in safe hands with the friend as well).

That was kinda messy & all over the place but I just really loved that ending and wanted to get that out there. Please let me know if you've seen the movie as well & what your thoughts are on the ending :)