MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I just want to make a public statement that sometimes I really don't have a filter and some of my retorts and statements can come off as very harsh and insensitive. I just want to kind of explain that I don't mean any harm or hate towards anybody ( unless you're one of the types that wants to come to my city and burn down and smash property and expect no retaliation. But in that case it is not because I hate you it's just because defense of my city and property is necessary in my opinion.) I'm just very frustrated with people not being able to speak their mind without some overzealous leftist or altright person going on about sensitivity and political correctness or in the case of the alt right religious b******* and crap about violent video games and all that. I was raised in a time where it wasn't necessary to be politically correct and all speech even the most disgusting is protected because without free discourse we can't come to a good and just conclusion. So I'm frustrated in life my suicidality is highly related to this. I realized that some of you for example believe that there are more than 2 genders I do not and I realized that that's very offencive to what you consider to be your identity and I get that but we have to stop ad hominem attacking each other and hating on each other that's just one issue for example you know I'm very supportive of trans people in the sense of I don't want them messed with bullied I want them to be protected from being attacked but at the same time I believe there's only two genders I don't believe Donald Trump is the enemy of the world and I don't believe Donald Trump is destroying the United States I believe idiots on both sides of the political Spectrum are destroying the United States along with corporate greed and foreign interests we need to get out of these Foreign Wars I was in the army in the Iraq War and I will tell you that we have no business in these countries. I'm really kind of going off on a manic rant and all these different directions but the moral of the story is we don't have to be enemies just because I support Trump and you support Biden because I think there's only two genders and you think there's 76 or whatever we can disagree at the end of the day I'm still going to back up your right to exist and to not be bullied

Reactions: Winona and dieornottodie
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
i used to support president Trump politically,
i still like him as a person, and i like Biden too
for gender, it depends on what is gender to you, two people may not see gender the same way, our brains are differently wired as human beings
i think not hurting others is a universal law, would they be trans or gender fluid or anything

Reactions: Winona
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
One can have an opposing opinion and come off as respectful rather than harsh or insensitive. That's not at all a matter of political correctness but of circumspection. If it's coming through as harsh or insensitive, than that's what is heard, rather than what is desired to be heard. People naturally fight back against that kind of energy because it's provocative, and that energy becomes the primary message. Whatever was intended gets lost behind it.

Reactions: Winona and BPD Barbie