VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
Has anyone ever had this lust too? Just max some credit cards, say your indirect goodbyes and be off to wherever the road takes you. It sounds so appealing to me, but it would require a lot of thought on my behalf as I would no way return. It makes me think of the movie 'Into the wild' whereas I would end myself in some beautiful spot, and share a great last picture with my brothers and sisters I've had in my life throughout the years on earth. As a matter of fact I would probably die of something as silly as being lost deep in some cold, foreign woods, perhaps real panicky, but fuck, it would've been a magnificent way to go!

Reactions: Random, NodusTollens, death137 and 9 others
RevolutionaryRed

RevolutionaryRed

Apr 8, 2018
I always wanted to travel the world , visit major cities , meet different folks from all walks from life and etc . So something like this would appeal to me . One final hoorah of sorts , but I just don't have the means . I'll probably die alone with unfinished dreams

Reactions: Random, crybaby, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
I always wanted to travel the world , visit major cities , meet different folks from all walks from life and etc . So something like this would appeal to me . One final hoorah of sorts , but I just don't have the means . I'll probably die alone with unfinished dreams
If I'm gonna ctb, I will just go. Even without a dime in my pocket, I'd rather die on the way to somewhere beautiful. Most preferably to never be found, and become Mr. Mystery man.

Reactions: RevolutionaryRed, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and WOODESITY
Watery5

Watery5

Sylvia Plath reading Lady Lazarus
Mar 24, 2019
I always saw death as the most important moment of someone's life. It's that point, that frightening moment you always knew was coming but still don't know what to expect.
There's no coming back and there's no knowledge of where you are going. Are you going to someplace else? Will you just desappear? What's gonna pass trough your mind on that last seconds?

I surelly will go, as you say, on a magnificent way. Not on the woods, probably, but I'll hella enjoy it.

• Love
Reactions: Ethereal Knight, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, VikingWinger and 1 other person
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
I always saw death as the most important moment of someone's life. It's that point, that frightening moment you always knew was coming but still don't know what to expect.
There's no coming back and there's no knowledge of where you are going. Are you going to someplace else? Will you just desappear? What's gonna pass trough your mind on that last seconds?

I surelly will go, as you say, on a magnificent way. Not on the woods, probably, but I'll hella enjoy it.
These are all thoughts I find both really peaceful and scary, at the same time. It's so final, so unknown, and somehow it attracts me in this unexplainable way. And I don't know what I wish for when it comes to death, I guess we'll just have to see where it takes us.

But the thought of having my own life in my own hands empowers me, makes me feel freea. And what you said about wondering what goes through one's head the very last seconds, that's a powerful question. I'm determined to make them into something good rather than bad. No matter what, I'll be fine when I get my rest.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Watery5 and WOODESITY
Watery5

Watery5

Sylvia Plath reading Lady Lazarus
Mar 24, 2019
These are all thoughts I find both really peaceful and scary, at the same time. It's so final, so unknown, and somehow it attracts me in this unexplainable way. And I don't know what I wish for when it comes to death, I guess we'll just have to see where it takes us.

But the thought of having my own life in my own hands empowers me, makes me feel freea. And what you said about wondering what goes through one's head the very last seconds, that's a powerful question. I'm determined to make them into something good rather than bad. No matter what, I'll be fine when I get my rest.
About that last seconds, that's how it should be! A nice, peaceful experience, as possible as it can be.
For it I don't judge people who wants to die on their sleep, it's a very powerful experience and, if it's gonna be bad for you, you surely should make it confortable.

I, personally, think I would be losing the best ride of my life. I've had a whole life thinking about dying listening to Strawberry Fields Forever, I won't give that up. =P

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and VikingWinger
Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019
I've thought of doing just this.

These past several months I've been studying contemporary nomadic culture, that of vagabonds, hitch hikers, tramps, hobos and migrating workers without a physical address. The places these individuals see, the people they meet, the experiences that weather and challenge them make the adventure tempting.

Though I must ask you to strip away the romanticism applied by Hollywood and its ilk. McCandless was a fool who ventured into the Alaskan wilderness without proper maps and tracking, even after concerned citizenry had offered him otherwise. While he did find redemption in dying, his end was nonetheless sorrowful in how it transpired.

When I read accounts of folks who were once hobos, they claim of falling asleep and dreaming of the jungle (encampment near train yards.) Some miss the lifestyle even well after they clean up and assimilate back into civilisation. Nonetheless it takes very clever and hardy persons to live such a life. One is beset on all sides by perpetual uncertainty, with thoroughly unpleasant and gruesome realities the homeless must face nearly always, be it in the depths of a silent forest or the midst of an inhospitable metropolis.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and VikingWinger
VikingWinger

VikingWinger

Lost soul
Mar 26, 2019
I've thought of doing just this.

These past several months I've been studying contemporary nomadic culture, that of vagabonds, hitch hikers, tramps, hobos and migrating workers without a physical address. The places these individuals see, the people they meet, the experiences that weather and challenge them make the adventure tempting.

Though I must ask you to strip away the romanticism applied by Hollywood and its ilk. McCandless was a fool who ventured into the Alaskan wilderness without proper maps and tracking, even after concerned citizenry had offered him otherwise. While he did find redemption in dying, his end was nonetheless sorrowful in how it transpired.

When I read accounts of folks who were once hobos, they claim of falling asleep and dreaming of the jungle (encampment near train yards.) Some miss the lifestyle even well after they clean up and assimilate back into civilisation. Nonetheless it takes very clever and hardy persons to live such a life. One is beset on all sides by perpetual uncertainty, with thoroughly unpleasant and gruesome realities the homeless must face nearly always, be it in the depths of a silent forest or the midst of an inhospitable metropolis.
Successful nomads are tough bastards and I would also say at somewhat an primitive advantage if they do so with simply being smart and creative. I also admire them for leaving the norms of society as that's surely not easy(depending on how established, and the ties to the establishment of life prenomading, atleast before the internet). That's why I love the story of McCandless, I too am a fool, and can in no way imagine me hitting the road to live the dream would be an ugly affair to a sane set of eyes, but If I'm going, it will be to die.

Interesting about the hobos. Participating after the norm in society comes with its own form for hardships and exclusions.
About that last seconds, that's how it should be! A nice, peaceful experience, as possible as it can be.
For it I don't judge people who wants to die on their sleep, it's a very powerful experience and, if it's gonna be bad for you, you surely should make it confortable.

I, personally, think I would be losing the best ride of my life. I've had a whole life thinking about dying listening to Strawberry Fields Forever, I won't give that up. =P
You just made me tune into Beatles, it's been a long time! I will definetely play Here comes the sun before I do it, too. I also understand people who wants to die in their sleep, death is freaking terrifying. But in my head it's the beginning of eternal peace, and the uncomfortable part of it will not beat the thought of that. So yeah, I guess I want to be there all the way, until, I'm not. I would lie if I said I'm not excited.

Edit: I have no idea why it combined my two answers and I also have no idea as of how to fix it. :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
that's literally where i am right now.

it's a shame that i lack everything required to do this.