Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I'm strongly in favour, thank you for sharing.
Maybe the only thing I disagree with on that website, is the idea that the "fear of death is irrational, but the fear of dying is rational." How do we determine the rationality of any kind of fear? I had thought all fears to be irrational by their very nature? As well, their rationality, or lack thereof, shouldn't fully determine how seriously we take them. Ultimately I think that we should respect personal feelings when they do no harm to others, and that includes fear that cannot be assuaged.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dark Chaos, Rocket1Rocket1, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
From the onset It seems fairly well put together. However, the english section seems to be severely lacking and I don't speak enough French to make a final conclusion. I still appreciate you sharing it with us though, thank you.

Reactions: Rocket1Rocket1
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
Maybe the only thing I disagree with on that website, is the idea that the "fear of death is irrational, but the fear of dying is rational." How do we determine the rationality of any kind of fear?

I think it's written from the perspective of an atheist who doesn't believe in afterlife or reincarnation. So being dead isn't scary because there's nothing. You can't fear nothing because you can't experience it.

The act of dying can be scary because it is something you do have to go through and you can experience.

Of course it is all philosophical and there isn't a right or wrong. It depends on the persons own perspective. I think there are tons of people that are afraid of nothing because that means they can't experience anything at all, even the nice moments or the things they look forward to. So I agree with you on "How do we determine the rationality of any kind of fear?"

Reactions: The Dark Chaos, TAW122, Zappfe lover and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is a good find. Thanks for sharing @Alucard. :happy:

Reactions: Alucard
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
Thank you for your messages. I think we really need a voice. Suicidal people are forgotten or despised, it must change.

Reactions: Frt, AJ., Zappfe lover and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Nicely done! If I could not think about suicide, I'd be dead already as well.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
thx for sharing @Alucard ... I specially like the concept of making suicide kits available