O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Someone has probably said something exactly like this at some point, but it was a nice shower thought I wanted to share.
---

Raising a child is like baking a cake. Key ingredients are added at different times with a mix of intuition and instruction. The end product is hopefully a well rounded and complete looking cake.

Some people do this well. Maybe they followed a cookbook or just had a knack for baking. Everything was added in the right amounts and the result is good.

Some people do not do as well, but they tried. Maybe they were too stressed or didn't have the resources to add everything. Maybe they had anger issues and at some point added too much of one ingredient and/or not enough of another. They didn't do a good job but they clearly wanted to bake a cake.

Then there are some people that make you wonder what the hell they were trying to accomplish. They did such absurd things while baking it's as if they didn't intend to bake an edible cake at all. When others were adding sugar or flour, they were adding broken glass and bleach to the mixing bowl. They didn't put the mix into the oven, or if they did they set it to 600 degrees and burnt it to a crisp. Whatever they were doing, it wasn't baking a cake. When confronted on this they won't answer straight. They deflect, deny, shift blame, play victim, punch a hole in the wall, scream, threaten, anything to avoid acknowledging or explaining their actions. Something inside them is so twisted that they can't be considered a baker at all.

• Love
Reactions: IDK:/, markimobzzdeasui, demuic and 7 others
Dragon's Heart

Dragon's Heart

Well, that didnt go as planned.
Dec 14, 2021
I like this way of thinking. I, myself, must be some kind of half-baked fruitcake. Let's add some rum to make it more pleasing to others...:))

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I like this way of thinking. I, myself, must be some kind of half-baked fruitcake. Let's add some rum to make it more pleasing to others...:))
You are quite a great tasting wedding cake. Hugs!

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well put, I like that comparison. My parents always loved me and did their best, but I still came out a shit-pastry. I feel bad for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, OrcWitch, AlwaysAnhedonia and 1 other person
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
This is an interesting take. I might offer another metaphor for child abuse soon in a new thread.

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
Absolutely spot on and very well described. I belong to the third types of shithole bakers. Btw the way you described it is hilarious as well.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Some people do not do as well, but they tried. Maybe they were too stressed or didn't have the resources to add everything. Maybe they had anger issues and at some point added too much of one ingredient and/or not enough of another. They didn't do a good job but they clearly wanted to bake a cake.

Baker, baker, baking a cake
Make me a day, make me whole again
And I wonder what's in a day
What's in your cake this time?

Here, there must be something here
There must be something here, here
Baker, baker, can you explain?

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
That's such a cool way to look at it. The bakers must have forgot some crucial ingredients when they baked me then.