Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
In a past post, I discussed an issue in the song by Low by Flo Rida ft. T-Pain, wherein it is unclear what and/or how certain articles of clothing were worn. In that same post, @stygal had brought up a song I haven't thought about in years: Grenade by Bruno Mars. In his song, there is a discrepancy of its own.

"Should have known you was trouble from the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open?"

To be honest, I would admit that I'd be upset if my partner kissed me with passion but had their eyes wide open as well. But here is where the issue comes: how did Bruno Mars know that the woman's eyes were open? This is where theories come in, as this is a discrepancy that one cannot overlook. Even Bruno Mars himself brought this up in a 2019 tweet, where he questioned himself on how he even knew her eyes were wide open. The first three are theories that stygal has written about herself, but I would like to expound on.

1. Bruno Mars also had his eyes wide open
The easiest explanation for this discrepancy is the fact that Bruno himself also had his eyes wide open. But I feel this is the least likely, as it would make him extremely hypocritical. Why would he chastise this woman for having her eyes open, when he too was staring at her with wide eyes during their kiss? I also feel that this would be one of the world's most uncomfortable kisses because who does this?

2. He possesses some type of psychic abilities
Another theory is the fact that Bruno Mars may possess abilities that aid him to see despite him having his eyes closed. During their kiss, he may have done something akin to astral projection in order to view the look on her face. Perhaps he wanted to admire her beauty during a romantic moment, but ended up discovering the fact her eyes were wide open. This feels like a likely theory, though I also wonder what emotions were seen in the girl's eyes. Was it pain? Confusion? Conflict? Alas, that would be something for another discussion.

3. Bruno watched back camera footage of the kiss
Maybe the place they were kissing in had cameras around, and he was able to view back the footage. But this would open up a lot of possibilities.
  • He may have been in an area where there were security cameras, and he may have asked security guards in the area to view the footage. Weird, but least creepy.
  • He could have set up some cameras in the corner of a room for their kiss to be captured and for him to watch it later. This would be weird.
  • Someone was filming their kiss, and he viewed the footage afterward. What the fuck.
I do not like entertaining this theory. Let us move onto others. Jesus Christ.

4. He accidentally found out while touching her face
I'm sorry for this one. So perhaps he was touching her face during their kiss, wasn't thinking, and may have accidentally put a finger somewhere up too high. So this would be him accidentally poking her eye, and maybe that's what made him find out. Maybe this would also have contributed to his remorse, because he accidentally poked her eye. This feels more realistic compared to everything else, but also would make this song funnier than it should be.

5. Maybe he just felt it
Some people can feel the presences of others, and perhaps he felt the uncomfortable feeling of her eyes staring him down during their kiss. This one is actually realistic. I don't like it.

6. He felt her fake eyelashes
We are not aware of what the women was like, so maybe she was wearing very long fake eyelashes that could brush across his face. Maybe he felt her eyes open. This one is also realistic. No.

7. His eyes were somewhat open for a moment before they closed, and that's when he noticed.
Also realistic. No.

What does anyone think? Does anyone else have anything to add? Also, if anyone else has songs that could be theorized about, let me know. Thank you.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: N33dT0D13, fox_wannabe, Ufibuf and 7 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I hate society.

Reactions: Hollowman
L$D

L$D

Feb 26, 2022
Living for this quality content. Keep up the good work.
My vote is for number two. Bruno definitely has some superpowers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: N33dT0D13, Angst Filled Fuck Up, ............. and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
That's just brilliant, really made my day :D

Thanks for going indepth into this topic and adding 4.-7.!

This is the kind of homorous way to look at things I thrive to also possess one day. :D

• Love
Reactions: N33dT0D13, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Cathy Ames and 1 other person

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Living for this quality content. Keep up the good work.
My vote is for number two. Bruno definitely has some superpowers.
Oh, definitely. With the way he's such a great performer, he probably has some magic spells or something.

That's just brilliant, really made my day :D

Thanks for going indepth into this topic and adding 4.-7.!

This is the kind of homorous way to look at things I thrive to also possess one day. :D
I'm glad you liked it! Stupid moments where I get too serious about dumb things is literally one of the only things keeping me alive at this point lol

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, stygal and L$D
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
This is awesome, please continue this series! :D

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, ............., Cathy Ames and 1 other person
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
a little addition to the camera theory:
1. he used a device like google glass and watched later the recording.
2. he uses a device like google glass and has a running live stream. one of his viewers later told him that her eyes were open.

to the psychic theory:
he might be a mind reader and so he can experience the world through the perception of others. would be also pretty weird cause in that case he would have seen himself and realize that she had her eyes open.

or he has a stalker and the stalker later told him that the girl had her eyes open to get rid of her to finally be with bruno.

damn - thinking about a song i dont even know lol.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13, ............., Cathy Ames and 1 other person

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
a little addition to the camera theory:
1. he used a device like google glass and watched later the recording.
2. he uses a device like google glass and has a running live stream. one of his viewers later told him that her eyes were open.

to the psychic theory:
he might be a mind reader and so he can experience the world through the perception of others. would be also pretty weird cause in that case he would have seen himself and realize that she had her eyes open.

or he has a stalker and the stalker later told him that the girl had her eyes open to get rid of her to finally be with bruno.

damn - thinking about a song i dont even know lol.
These are very insightful takes. Thank you for adding onto this academic discussion.

Reactions: N33dT0D13 and DocNo
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Another song I listened to lately (again - my job means: constant exposure to a radio) and found very odd when thought about more:

Human by the Killers

are we human
or are we dancer?

my sign is vital
ny hands are cold
and I'm on my knees
looking for the answer
are we human
or are we dancer?

What?

He's making it look like he's some confused preacher who wants to desperately figure out what lifes mysteries are with the inbetween: my sign is vital/my hands are cold/on my knees - part

Also why is it a question to be either or?

What kind of beings are dancers?

• Wow
Reactions: N33dT0D13 and .............

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Another song I listened to lately (again - my job means: constant exposure to a radio) and found very odd when thought about more:

Human by the Killers

are we human
or are we dancer?

my sign is vital
ny hands are cold
and I'm on my knees
looking for the answer
are we human
or are we dancer?

What?

He's making it look like he's some confused preacher who wants to desperately figure out what lifes mysteries are with the inbetween: my sign is vital/my hands are cold/on my knees - part

Also why is it a question to be either or?

What kind of beings are dancers?
I have not actually heard this song. There might be something poetic about this that my tiny brain won't get.

• Wow
Reactions: stygal
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
What does anyone think? Does anyone else have anything to add? Also, if anyone else has songs that could be theorized about, let me know. Thank you.

First, I LOVE this content and look forward to more. Which is cool to have something to look forward to. So thank you!

Here's an additional theory: Maybe he figured it out because she (accidentally) revealed it in conversation by mentioning something she only would have known if her eyes were open. For example, "It was a real turn-off when I saw you had a gigantic booger hanging out of your nose while we were kissing."

• Yay!
Reactions: N33dT0D13, DocNo and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I have not actually heard this song. There might be something poetic about this that my tiny brain won't get.
It's still often played on the radio here and is very annoying.
Yeah, I also don't really get it.

• Love
Reactions: .............

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
First, I LOVE this content and look forward to more. Which is cool to have something to look forward to. So thank you!

Here's an additional theory: Maybe he figured it out because she (accidentally) revealed it in conversation by mentioning something she only would have known if her eyes were open. For example, "It was a real turn-off when I saw you had a gigantic booger hanging out of your nose while we were kissing."
Thanks for appreciating my nonsense! That also makes a ton of sense, therefore I will consider it in the 'realistic, so I will discard it' pile.

• Yay!
Reactions: N33dT0D13, Cathy Ames and DocNo
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Thanks for appreciating my nonsense! That also makes a ton of sense, therefore I will consider it in the 'realistic, so I will discard it' pile.
A lot of my stuff ends up in that pile. LOL.

• Yay!
Reactions: .............
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm not usually a fan boy in any sense of the word. But if you have like, a poster of yourself or a cardboard cutout or something, I will gladly put it up in my apartment.

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, Cathy Ames and .............
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
8. Someone else saw them and told him.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and .............
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I was speaking from experience :pfff:

• Yay!
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Maybe she wanted to stare into his eyes and wondered why his eyes were closed. So she asked him why his eyes were closed and that's how he knew her eyes were open.

In which case who's right?

• Wow

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Maybe she wanted to stare into his eyes and wondered why his eyes were closed. So she asked him why his eyes were closed and that's how he knew her eyes were open.

In which case who's right?
Possible. Alas, I have a headache and cannot answer your question. Good conumdrum you've created though.

• Aww..
Reactions: N33dT0D13 and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Possible. Alas, I have a headache and cannot answer your question. Good conumdrum you've created though.
Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: N33dT0D13