G

goneStar

meaningless wanderer
Nov 30, 2022
Can you imagine that there are people not considering suicide on a daily basis. Like there are people out there who seriously go through life and barely ever had any suicidal ideation. I know everyones struggle is different and all that but as a person that has had suicidal ideations since age 4, it is quite insane to me that there are people who never experienced this/look down upon it. No matter how hard I try to recover, I feel like its become part of my DNA already.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bastet, Faded_in_Dreams, Joarga and 9 others
hopeless302

hopeless302

Student
Sep 11, 2022
The funny thing is, those same people who have no idea of what it's like to struggle with these thoughts will turn around and act like they know what's best for suicidal people.
Anyway, I'm sorry you're going through this btw. Recovery might be difficult, but I hope it's possible for you.

• Love
Reactions: Faded_in_Dreams, AsleepPreference160, ryo the frog and 6 others
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
yep i would have loved to just be normal . i wonder what it feels like to be happy/stable everyday.

i sometimes get jealous of those people and wish i had their lives.

life is such that its unfair, and theres bound to be people who suffer, just our luck that life has been more of a curse than a blessing.

I sometimes fantasize about reincarnation and being born into a normal life and family how nice it would feel where i get good grades in school, get a college girlfriend, have tons of buddies and then get married and have kids and live a normal person life.

i know it wont happen and reincarnation is impossible, but its nice to think what could have been.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: AsleepPreference160, LittleBlackCat, onlyanimalsaregood and 3 others
D

damaged_soul

Experienced
Jul 30, 2022
I seriously can't understand how people cope with being alive for 80+ years. Even if they're not suicidal, do they not get bored?? Are they just masochists or something??
I do differ in that I don't want to "recover" though. I'm glad that I ultimately discovered the cold hard truth about the world. I just wished I had discovered it when I was 75 or something so that I would only have to just power through a few years of depression before dying. Right now I unfortunately still have decades left.

Reactions: Caramelized, AsleepPreference160, Wasabi and 1 other person
enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
I don't understand how most people go through something 10 times more difficult than I do and endure so much hardship but then don't want to kill themselves

Reactions: AsleepPreference160, LittleBlackCat, Celerity and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Ian you imagine that there are people not considering suicide on a daily basis. Like there are people out there who seriously go through life and barely ever had any suicidal ideation. I know everyones struggle is different and all that but as a person that has had suicidal ideations since age 4, it is quite insane to me that there are people who never experienced this/look down upon it. No matter how hard I try to recover, I feel like its become part of my DNA already.
I don't think many people look down upon it, but I guess there are some. However most people don't see it as the right answer, to be fair. Yup, I have my SN ready for me just in case some time in the future my life turns to shit. ATM that's looking to be 30 or so years from now. I guess even now I often at least passingly think about suicide, especially when I have arguments with my gf. She mentions suicide sometimes but not often. I'm glad my dad doesn't, I don't know what I'd do without him. I had my first thought of not wanting to live when I was 6

Reactions: AsleepPreference160
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Of people who I have known closely, most of them have at least had a passing phase of suicidal thought. Whether this is a reflection on me or whether it is a widespread phenomenon in society is unclear.

If a vast number of people are technically 'survivors', this could lead to the illusion that all difficult situations can be overcome, or that all suicidality is equivalent. People with more workable situations or intrinsically better health will experience the same planet as a vastly different place. We should not assume that we can understand them any more than they can understand us.

Back to the topic at hand. If you are trying to recover, it is essential to start with understanding the nature of the problem as thoroughly as possible. There is a saying, "A problem well defined is half solved."

Reactions: AsleepPreference160, onlyanimalsaregood and Deo volente
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Natural Selection.

• Hmph!
Reactions: AsleepPreference160
A

AsleepPreference160

Apr 18, 2023
I don't understand how most people go through something 10 times more difficult than I do and endure so much hardship but then don't want to kill themselves
This is common because many people don't see suicide as a plausible option because of them looking at life as some sort of challenge which they have to win or something, instead of something which should be enjoyed. I'll never understand how their brains work...