98009107_1507370272758136_3919890761272786944_n.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: The Dark Chaos, RileyTanaka, K-O and 4 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Not bad, similar to what I believe as well. It's an unpopular opinion to have here, but I don't think it's some great escape into instant peace.

Well but it's not referring (is it?) to what the dead person will experience - it's just saying that life goes on, the world keeps turning, my being dead makes no difference to the universe at large.

What *is* your belief about what I (or whoever) will experience when I die, @Brick In The Wall?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Well but it's not referring (is it?) to what the dead person will experience - it's just saying that life goes on, the world keeps turning, my being dead makes no difference to the universe at large.

What *is* your belief about what I (or whoever) will experience when I die, @Brick In The Wall?
Interesting perspective, I guess what I took away from it was a little different.

My belief on the afterlife would be a whole nother subject entirely. I tend to steer away from comparing such belief structures with other people in general, as it can be a rather hot potato.

Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Ok, @Brick In The Wall, now I'm enjoying what the absence of me in the universe could feel like to whatever of me carries on when I've ceased to be.

LoL! This is fun

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Ok, @Brick In The Wall, now I'm enjoying what the absence of me in the universe could feel like to whatever of me carries on when I've ceased to be.

LoL! This is fun
It's probably one of the most fascinating things to ponder, no doubt on that!

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
It seems a *lot* easier than the way I'm doing it now. 8]

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

To me it implies both, the world continuing to go on and the dead individual not experiencing anything after death.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I too also think that there's nothing after we die. You didn't exist until your birth parents conceived you, when you die you simply go back to not existing. At least that's what I think.

Reactions: autumnal
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
When it's come to an after life discussion- I accept only this quote
"The fact of the matter is, nobody knows what's going on, Nobody has the faintest idea, the best guesses are lies, you may be sure of it."

Reactions: 030366 and Ἡγησίας

May 18, 2020
I too also think that there's nothing after we die. You didn't exist until your birth parents conceived you, when you die you simply go back to not existing. At least that's what I think.
that sounds like the most logical thing, I find it somewhat hard to believe that billions of people that have existed through time all have an immortal consciousness that lives on for eternity.