deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
I have been around for a little while, I don't remember why I created this account, but I stayed because I liked the community.

With time, I began to see how sketchy this site is, and there was that recent thread in which it was discussed how the site possibly gave information on an user and the thread was conveniently locked. I'm don't feel safe anymore, I come here in the worst moments, I talk about my deep feelings, and I don't feel safe anymore.

Using this site wasn't making me feel any better anymore, I think I grew too sensitive or something, when I read certain things, the struggles some people deal with, or when I read about something that I wanted to have done in my life, it makes me feel really bad. I tried to interact here and there but I'm "clumsy", I was never good on interacting with other people, I never feel better myself and I often make the other user feel worse. And those goodbye posts have been taking a toll on me... I want to die, not to see other people dying.

And I also get the feeling that there are some users here and there who are delighted seeing the others die, and some others who are "observing" us, doing some research, taking data, feeding their social egos on our demise. I don't want to bring delight to anyone, neither to be someone's lab rat.

In the end, I already got all information I need and I will be gone soon, no more than a couple of months, so, although in advance, this is a real goodbye. I may stick around for the rest of this day, but I'm not logging in anymore.

In the end, I will take what's left of my time for myself, I don't know why I tried to do something different. I lived my life in isolation and I will die in isolation, no one will hear from me.

Thank you and goodbye.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Sensei, disabledandhopeless and 25 others
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I hope you feel a sense of relief like a piano fell right behind you or you just lost 500 lbs. Best wishes.

Reactions: Sensei, Yomyom, _Minsk and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm sorry you feel as bad as you do but I get what you say about the site. There are good things here and there are bad, even dangerous things too. It can be too easy to forget this. Farewell.

Reactions: Sensei, Broken Chimera, Smashingairwaves and 4 others
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
I've read that thread and it was pretty scary. Most people here are very friendly and kind but sadly there are also people who want to harm others :( Best wishes and I hope you stay safe :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Saed, BeeLoyal, Brink and 4 others
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
i relate to everything you have written..
you can always take a break and come back..
maybe im naive about this place or maybe i dont give a fuck about myself and thats why im here?..
zig zags.. ups n downs.. this place is like any other in the seance of uncertainty?.. wishful thinking?..
fear disappointment and the pain loop.. i dont know.. but i feel you..
x

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Broken Chimera, Yomyom and 3 others
NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

There is no right to heal the wrong
May 3, 2020
As someone who gets some sort of comfort from this forum, it saddens me to see you go. However, the decision ultimately rests with you. We'll be here for you should you decide to come back.

Until then, I hope you find the peace you seek in whatever form that may be. Farewell.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeeLoyal, Yomyom, _Minsk and 4 others
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Thanks for sharing @deadpixels, I understand many of the concerns you raise. I wish you all the best and take care. x

With time, I began to see how sketchy this site is, and there was that recent thread in which it was discussed how the site possibly gave information on an user and the thread was conveniently locked. I'm don't feel safe anymore, I come here in the worst moments, I talk about my deep feelings, and I don't feel safe anymore.

Does anybody know if there's an official response about how the authorities obtained the information on said users? Aside from the final message before it got locked by @Marquis?

Many thanks.

Reactions: Sensei, Deleted member 1465, K-O and 1 other person
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Since anyone can log here, we'll always have dangerous, harmful people. Anyway I just wish you the best. Also wanted to state that whenever I see an LCD monitor I think of you, it's weird how the brain associates things... Ill remember you deadpixels <3

• Love
Reactions: K-O, Lost_the_will2_live, _Minsk and 1 other person
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Look after yourself, OP. <3

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019

I raised a ticket about this a few days ago, no response yet. If a member's location was sourced through this forum, that either indicates a security risk or a legal obligation of the admins to give such information. i'm with you, i don't feel comfortable here atm and would advise others not to confide suicidal feelings with this forum until we get an official response

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Broken Chimera, GoodPersonEffed and 6 others
C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020
I have been around for a little while, I don't remember why I created this account, but I stayed because I liked the community.

Using this site wasn't making me feel any better anymore, I think I grew too sensitive or something, when I read certain things, the struggles some people deal with, or when I read about something that I wanted to have done in my life, it makes me feel really bad. I tried to interact here and there but I'm "clumsy", I was never good on interacting with other people, I never feel better myself and I often make the other user feel worse. And those goodbye posts have been taking a toll on me... I want to die, not to see other people dying.

And I also get the feeling that there are some users here and there who are delighted seeing the others die, and some others who are "observing" us, doing some research, taking data, feeding their social egos on our demise. I don't want to bring delight to anyone, neither to be someone's lab rat.

In the end, I already got all information I need and I will be gone soon, no more than a couple of months, so, although in advance, this is a real goodbye. I may stick around for the rest of this day, but I'm not logging in anymore.

In the end, I will take what's left of my time for myself, I don't know why I tried to do something different. I lived my life in isolation and I will die in isolation, no one will hear from me.

Thank you and goodbye.

Goodbye and good luck, deadpixels.

I think the site owners should give a statement about what data they retain, esp identifying information such as IPs, and have a published policy on law enforcement requests.

Site owners should also consider having a warrant canary, which may or may not be useful depending on their jurisdiction.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Does anybody know if there's an official response about how the authorities obtained the information on said users?
No official post. However, the information on the user was only obtained bcuz an investigation was conducted on the perpetrator. They most likely seized his computer and phone and from those are able to locate anyone he's messaging via any site... she also said she messaged him outside of SS. LE concluded that they met on SS site and that is how he found her. It does not necessarily mean they got her info from the SS site or servers. If they were communicating in other forms as he often asked for Kik or other means to talk, her info is easily tracked when an investigation is launched.
Also supposedly another member of SS is the one who reported him.. It would be nice to know their story. Bcuz of this LE knew he was preying on the SS site.
LE may have told her they found her bcuz of SS but it could be just that they knew it's where he was preying. Her actual info could have been from email or Kik etc?

I raised a ticket about this a few days ago, no response yet. If a member's location was sourced through this forum, that either indicates a security risk or a legal obligation of the admins to give such information. i'm with you, i don't feel comfortable here atm and would advise others not to confide suicidal feelings with this forum until we get an official response
Be cautious what you share and with whom. Any site is required to release info when summoned by LE. Don't get involved with sketchy requests and offers. Report anything to the mods immediately to stop this behavior.

Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
No official post. However, the information on the user was only obtained bcuz an investigation was conducted on the perpetrator. They most likely seized his computer and phone and from those are able to locate anyone he's messaging via any site... she also said she messaged him outside of SS. LE concluded that they met on SS site and that is how he found her. It does not necessarily mean they got her info from the SS site or servers. If they were communicating in other forms as he often asked for Kik or other means to talk, her info is easily tracked when an investigation is launched.
Also supposedly another member of SS is the one who reported him.. It would be nice to know their story. Bcuz of this LE knew he was preying on the SS site.
LE may have told her they found her bcuz of SS but it could be just that they knew it's where he was preying. Her actual info could have been from email or Kik etc?

Please know I'm not being argumentative or negating. It's just that these possibilities don't fit what the OP said, which is that the police found her through the forum.

So imo LE would have had to have had a warrant that the site owners ceded to and gave them her IP address; or LE requested the IP address from the site owners and they complied without a warrant; or LE broke into the site without a warrant and got the information, but that would jeopardize their case for prosecution because they investigated illegally, unless there's some loophole I'm not aware of.

Which is why we need the site owners to tell us what happened, and hope that they're being honest with us when and if they do. Because of their continued silence when members have submitted tickets and there are discussions all over the site about this, it would be easy to try to come up with explanations and excuses when no acknowledgement or response is forthcoming, such as not being able to say anything during an active investigation. But by pinning the thread, the site owners have acknowledged there is an issue, and did not deny that it happened as the OP said, which they would have likely already had knowledge of due to the need for a warrant or at least cooperation with LE.

Reactions: Huntfish34, Brink, omoidarui and 3 others
beyond_aquila_rift

beyond_aquila_rift

Student
May 11, 2020
Does anyone know if the search bar being down is linked to this investigation? I'm starting to get pretty sketched out tbh.

@GoodPersonEffed ?

Reactions: Huntfish34
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
Wow! :smiling: Search bar is working again :)

• Love
Reactions: Saed and GoodPersonEffed
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
Any site is required to release info when summoned by LE.

I think we were led to believe this site is the exception due to having servers offshore, if not we need a blanket ban on first-person pronouns a la Bluelight so that nobody is sectioned :I

Reactions: Brink and GoodPersonEffed
beyond_aquila_rift

beyond_aquila_rift

Student
May 11, 2020
What is LE I'm such a noob :/
I think we were led to believe this site is the exception due to having servers offshore, if not we need a blanket ban on first-person pronouns a la Bluelight so that nobody is sectioned :I

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Any site is required to release info when summoned by LE.

I overlooked this when I quoted you, I only responded to the first part of your comment. Can you provide references for this, such as international or local laws?

I noticed because of @omoidarui's comment, quoted below.

I'll retract much of my opinion if there's relevant information of which I was unaware. Just because I think I'm being logical doesn't mean I'm right.

Does anyone know if the search bar being down is linked to this investigation? I'm starting to get pretty sketched out tbh.

@GoodPersonEffed ?

I don't know shit, and I'm sketched out too, which is why I'm on a soapbox! :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brink and beyond_aquila_rift
beyond_aquila_rift

beyond_aquila_rift

Student
May 11, 2020
Fair enough hahahah. Yeah idk, I thought about self-banning. LE and whatever is happening I don't want to be a part of. It sucks because people here really want to come together and we don't have a whole lot of other places to do so. :/ such a bummer man. I find myself so paranoid of everything on here. Try to keep myself in check but. I also am here for a reason...
I overlooked this when I quoted you, I only responded to the first part of your comment. Can you provide references, for this, such as international or local laws?

I noticed because of @omoidarui's comment, quoted below.

I'll retract much of my opinion if there's relevant information of which I was unaware. Just because I think I'm being logical doesn't mean I'm right.

I don't shit, and I'm sketched out too, which is why I'm on a soapbox! :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
It's just that these possibilities don't fit what the OP said, which is that the police found her through the forum.

I am highly skeptical that LE found the OP through the forum. If LE had contacted the owners to identify the OP because of the the purported behavior of @demonanon, wouldn't they have investigated and taken appropriate action? He was only banned as she posted. I do not wish to impose my view on others regarding the protection of privacy on this site or lack thereof; however, I do not see any reason to fear for privacy based on this situation or any actions of the owners or moderators.

Imo, it's likely that the owners won't share anything about this with members to guard privacy and won't share with LE without coercion.

Edit: I edited my reply to @GoodPersonEffed as I agree that disbelieving the OP because of her possible instability is not helpful, likely harmful. I should not have mentioned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
The OP says to have hallucinations and to have been willing to travel to someone to be violated before and after being hanged, possibly having her daughter nearby. Given this, some skepticism is warranted about the absolute credibility of her statements. Can the actual events be known without a more reliable source?

It's highly unlikely that either LE or members contacted the mods or owners about the purported behavior of @demonanon as he was.only banned while the OP was posting her story. Any fears of the site having shared info about this situation are unfounded.

I retain some skepticism of every single member and every single post. In this case, it's a fantastic story, however I'm not going to disbelieve it based on the same criteria you do, because vulnerable and (for lack of a better word) unstable people are more likely to be victimized...and disbelieved, making them more likely targets for predators. And other predators who seek the same kinds of victims want them discounted to make things easier for themselves, whether it's to discourage future victims from speaking out as they fear the same vilification, or to promote a disbelieving attitude in others. To me, it is far more realistic that this whole thing could be theater on every level of participation, from the victims to the perpetrator to the site owners. It's the internet. It's a forum. There's always the chance this site is just someone's dark playground. Hence my perpetual skepticism.

Your second paragraph does not follow logic. Just because X does not mean or rule out Y. Saying fears are unfounded when you are (ostensibly) in no position of authority over the site, and have no inside knowledge, is an opinion with no foundation to support it -- one of reason and logic or of a provable privileged position.

Your comment seems more to me like gaslighting, that is, trying to tell folks they're not seeing what they're seeing nor experiencing what they're experiencing, and instead to interpret things as you would have them see and experience them. I'm far more skeptical of that.

TL;DR

Those are your opinions, and as they are presented, I find them baseless. And that's my opinion.

TL;TL;DR

Meh. Not moved.

Edit: This did not address your final paragraph, which you added after I wrote this comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

Thank you and goodbye.

Words of truth. That's why I limit myself to discussion and venting and never seek support and (almost) never make friends in this place. To frequent this forum is like seeking solace in a meadow where snakes are hiding in the grass. It can be a beautiful and soothing place as long as you know where to set your foot and make sure not to fall asleep. Well, enough of metaphors for today. I hope you'll find a way to live in peace and if not, that you'll find a way to die in peace. Godspeed.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, K-O and GoodPersonEffed
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Please know I'm not being argumentative or negating. It's just that these possibilities don't fit what the OP said, which is that the police found her through the forum.
She also said she spoke to him outside of SS and he always quickly tried to move to an alternate site so (imo) these possibilities could fit. This is all speculation.

when you have a person potentially suggesting they will murder a person and describing ways in which they will do this and other gruesome acts, and LE is notified, they will go thru the proper channels to obtain records if they aren't able to obtain them voluntarily. If they obtain proper legal request, the site has to cooperate. Whether or not that happened or this site is protected or exempted from such inquiries is unknown. (IMO) I hope that any site would comply with this to catch a murderer before it happens. Anyone is welcome to disagree on any level with this about your own privacy. I don't disagree with anyone else's opinion of this.
It's highly unlikely that either LE or members contacted the mods or owners about the purported behavior of @demonanon as he was.only banned while the OP was posting her story. Any fears of the site having shared info about this situation are unfounded.
This is true, if he was investigated months ago, and any info given by the site, one would imagine his profile would have been Banned earlier.

If it was a false story I also don't think the post would have been stickied.

so much to ponder

Last edited:
Reactions: Brink, Neville1 and GoodPersonEffed