W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
My husband and I just had a huge fight — our biggest in almost a year. There was a lot of swearing and it was even physical at times. He threw his wedding ring down at me from the top of the stairs. He threw his phone on the floor and smashed it. It might actually be our worst fight ever, I'm not sure.

It's mostly my fault. I could've avoided it. Honestly, though, I do think his reaction was out of line. I understand he was upset, but we couldn't tackle the issue rationally. It's as issue on which we just do not see eye-to-eye. It's the defining struggle of our relationship, I feel, and we have yet to come to a resolution on which both of us feels satisfied. Because of this, I prefer not to have the issue come to the forefront. Not only did I fail at this, but my desire to suppress the issue also worked against me.

I was ready to leave. As soon as he blew up, I felt I was ready. He's one of the only reasons I'm still here. It's not hyperbole at all to say that if it wasn't for him, I would have died more than a year ago. If he is done with me, if he doesn't want me, then there's nothing. I would never put that on him, but it's true. If the person I love most in this world is so frustrated with me and who I am, then what hope do I have? If the person who loves me enough to say "I do" can't bear another second with me, how could I hope to find love anywhere else?

I have fucked up multiple times in my marriage, but so has he. We each have our struggles. Sometimes I have a really difficult time dealing with his struggles, but I've made it through. I hope we can make it through my struggles. Maybe mine are worse? I don't know. Maybe I really am just an awful person and don't deserve him? Well, that's probably true.

I have been lonely ever since losing my best friend 13 years ago. I spent a long time searching for someone who could give me that same feeling and give me a reason to live. I found it in my husband. But perhaps that was too much to throw on him. Perhaps I'm hopeless and not able to make a relationship work.

I was about to leave. I was going to do it. Tonight was going to be my last night. As soon as he erupted at me, I made the decision. I couldn't deal with providing him a lifetime of pain, and it seems like that's all I can offer. He'll never feel completely loved by me. That's not the truth, but it's what he feels, and that's what's important. I'd be better off dead. He'd be better off with me dead.

But he fought me. He fought me to keep me from leaving. He fought so hard that I have marks on my arms from where he held me. I'm still here. We haven't talked though. I don't know what that means. I'm lost. Maybe I've died and gone to Hell. I just know that I don't like this. Am I too demanding? Am I insisting on either complete happiness or else death? I don't think so, but then again, I don't know if I'm thinking properly these days.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Woodnote, Brackenshire, Doormat and 10 others
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I'm so sorry that happened. The multitude of emotions must have been overwhelming.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you do not like this, for now that's all you need to listen to.

You're not at fault for his losing control, having a tantrum, throwing things, breaking things and bruising you. It sounds like he turned into a giant toddler. That can be scary when the toddler is in a fully grown man's body.

It seems like you two need a safe word and to agree to time-outs when things get heated. Until then, it sounds like you need to be out of there for a while. Do you have some place safe to go? Can you just slip out of there and go?

P.S. I hope you'll document the fight and take pictures of your bruises.

Last edited:
Reactions: WitheringAway
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm just staying in the basement for now. He's upstairs, half-crying, but not really wanting to talk. I think I fucked up really badly. He wants to leave me. I can feel it. He just can't voice it.

I've reached the tipping point. I was always heading here, I think. It's just past midnight here. This might be my last day on earth.

Update:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK! He went snooping through my things, found my SN, and flushed it down the toilet. I'm so mad at him right now. My ticket out and he's gone and taken it away from me. :mmm:

I can't deal with this right now. This is the worst I've felt in months. I might just be crazy enough to jump.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: TAW122, Tereon and all_pointless
D

Divebobber

Jul 17, 2020
You said, "If he is done with me, if he doesn't want me, then there's nothing." And then... "But he fought me. He fought me to keep me from leaving. He fought so hard that I have marks on my arms from where he held me. I'm still here. We haven't talked though."

I'm trying to understand. If he's done with you, why would he fight so hard to keep you from leaving?

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I don't know. I don't understand. I'm maybe a little out of it right now. My head is spinning. I just took some pills to prevent me from having a panic attack.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tereon and WillOxyWork
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Update:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK! He went snooping through my things, found my SN, and flushed it down the toilet. I'm so mad at him right now. My ticket out and he's gone and taken it away from me. :mmm:
This would absolutely be my breaking point and I would have just left, no questions asked. It's one thing to shun another person and leave them, but to take away their means of an out, an escape, and leave them vulnerable and powerless is unacceptable! :angry::hmph:
I don't know. I don't understand. I'm maybe a little out of it right now. My head is spinning. I just took some pills to prevent me from having a panic attack.
Good to hear and I hope the calmness will allow you to plan your next decision more precisely as well as helping you find a way to achieve peace. :hug:

Reactions: WitheringAway, AnnonyBox and GoodPersonEffed
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I don't know if to order more and wait for the 7-10 days for it to arrive, or if to try a less peaceful method tonight. I don't want to be here anymore. ;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
D

Divebobber

Jul 17, 2020
Why don't you try talking to him and asking him how he honestly feels. Just calmly allow him to answer. See if he's actually feeling the way you think he's feeling instead of second guessing and taking drastic action based on how he MIGHT be thinking and feeling. Doesn't that sound reasonable?

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I would like to talk to him, but he doesn't seem willing. And when he does, he doesn't want to understand my POV anyway. I hope we can talk soon.

I just ordered a new batch of SN to be delivered to my office rather than my house. It should arrive early next week. I think I can wait that long. That's really how I want to go. I don't like the idea of jumping, drowning, shooting, or crashing, and I don't trust myself with hanging. Who knows, maybe things will settle down by then?

H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
It sounds like he doesn't want to lose you and is so desperate to keep that from happening.