watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
It hurts to see that people here consider themselves a failure because of their job, or because they dropped out of university. It hurts to see people in those kinds of situations but even more when I look back at myself. I'm still in high school and I already can't take it anymore. NO, it's not because it's 'boring', there is just too much pressure, especially since lockdown. How could you even remotely imagine a future for someone who is failing in something such as high school? It's just crazy.
It's not even laziness. I overwork myself till 8pm and I can't get to really do anything good.

Anyway. This is not my reason to ctb at all but I just wanted to get it of my chest because it hurts.

EDIT : I don't consider the people on this site 'failures'. I just meant that I feel bad for being much worse off. Sorry for the poor wording.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet, Brackenshire and Brink
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
It.... can, and does, get worse.

Reactions: Montparnasse
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Education and schooling are two different things; some of the most 'intelligent', successful people I know were mediocre in school. Not everybody succeeds under the often archaic conditions that characterise mainstream education systems.

• Love
Reactions: WearyWanderer, Fml, William Barker and 4 others
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
This must be frustrating but struggling so school doesn't make you a failure of failures. Plenty of people have problems with studying especially when stressed or experiencing mental issues.
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Fml, William Barker and BlackPoppet
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Education and schooling are two different things; some of the most 'intelligent', successful people I know were mediocre in school. Not everybody succeeds under the often archaic conditions that characterise mainstream education systems.
Love that font. But yeah, it depends on the education I guess. I could ramble for hours about how french education is a total disaster. When I was an exchange student in Australia I was much better off, even though my english wasn't the best. We didn't study that much stuff, but I can tell you I felt like I was doing something, not just drowning and under pressure.
This must be frustrating but struggling so school doesn't make you a failure of failures. Plenty of people have problems with studying especially when stressed or experiencing mental issues.
Hugs
I don't think I'm experiencing a mental issue that would make me unable to work. I just, well, can't do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blu_1
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
imagine being 18 and i dont even having highschool graduate,me

PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
I dropped out of school though I got my GED at 17 and later went to trade school for a couple of years. So just saying that even if things get to be too much and you end up failing out or dropping out, it doesn't mean that everything is over for you.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
I dropped out of school though I got my GED at 17 and later went to trade school for a couple of years. So just saying that even if things get to be too much and you end up failing out or dropping out, it doesn't mean that everything is over for you.
But thats what were told, it's crazy. Maybe I'm just around narrow minded people. "You fail that exam, you fail your life!" Ugh. Well anyway that doesn't really matter anymore because I'll ctb. But its been on my mind for so long. If we lived in a different kind of system, I could already have a job, because I do have skills, nothing crazy, but I can contribute to society a little.

Reactions: PrettyMoose
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Mar 1, 2020
Yeah I get that it doesn't look good to those around you and there's all of the pressure to follow the normal script of things. For me I could do and have done well in school grade wise, but I've always been bad socially and being a sensitive depressive didn't work well for me in getting through the bullshit that other students would throw my way. I was the kid that everyone wanted to copy test answers from, and then I gave up and threw in the towel. At least people stopped bugging me to help them cheat on their tests, that is until they started up again once I got to trade school lol...

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Yeah I get that it doesn't look good to those around you and there's all of the pressure to follow the normal script of things. For me I could do and have done well in school grade wise, but I've always been bad socially and being a sensitive depressive didn't work well for me in getting through the bullshit that other students would throw my way. I was the kid that everyone wanted to copy test answers from, and then I gave up and threw in the towel. At least people stopped bugging me to help them cheat on their tests, that is until they started up again once I got to trade school lol...
I was a good student before the lockdown. But now I'm just so sick of all the absolute bullshit that's thrown at me. I really force myself to work and absolutely hate it. I don't do really well anymore tho, because I don't care anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet and PrettyMoose
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It actually got better for me. College was hard, but university was so easy. I couldn't believe how easy it was, I thought they were joking half the time. But I guess I did an easy degree. If you stick at it and make the right decisions, there is the possibility it may actually get easier at some point. My trick was learning how to play the system and give them what they wanted, rather than actually learning or understanding the subject matter. I only learned what I was interested in and blagged the rest.

PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Mar 1, 2020
I was a good student before the lockdown. But now I'm just so sick of all the absolute bullshit that's thrown at me. I really force myself to work and absolutely hate it. I don't do really well anymore tho, because I don't care anymore.

I can't even imagine what school is like these days especially with the lockdown. I went to school in the 90's which might as well be a century ago compared to today and what kids are now faced with. The future already seemed pretty hopeless to me back then and things just keep getting worse. I feel bad for the newer generations. You all are being handed a real shit show if there ever was one.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
But thats what were told, it's crazy. Maybe I'm just around narrow minded people. "You fail that exam, you fail your life!" Ugh. Well anyway that doesn't really matter anymore because I'll ctb. But its been on my mind for so long. If we lived in a different kind of system, I could already have a job, because I do have skills, nothing crazy, but I can contribute to society a little.

There might be more to it than just being around narrow-minded people because it seems like the education system is setup in such a way that failing an exam CAN be the end of someone's life depending on what goals they have (or goals that were forced on them, which might be true in your case). The biggest problem is the standardized testing that the state mandates everyone to take (which is BS). All through High School my classmates and I were all fed this propaganda about how doing well on those tests was supposed to help us get into a good college and get good jobs, but it didn't help me at all. I went to college for a little while, but I dropped out because I got sick of it and I have no intention of going back. I can imagine that this setup could be even worse during the lockdown where everyone has to prepare for this shit at home (often with parents who don't even know or can't remember things from when THEY were in school and aren't much help).

I wish that there was some way for you to get through all of this and find a way to be happy and content for a while after coming out the other side, which is what true success feels like, I imagine, regardless of how you get there. Unfortunately it seems like our world is falling apart at the seams, so it might be a good idea to CTB while you can. I'm hoping to get at least a couple of good years before I do it, but so far that doesn't seem likely to happen. I'm not even sure if it's worth waiting for.

Reactions: PrettyMoose