• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

theboiwhostilllived

theboiwhostilllived

“The boy who still lived”
Dec 11, 2018
Hello everyone, I've been reading here for 3 months but this is the first time I post here. I was really into finding and trying a method to ctb (I tried partial suspension method). I was having a severe depression episode (for 2 years), and it was really unbearable, along with several mental issues, I was having PTSD, OCD, paranoid, bipolar ...v...v... (like all kind of mental diseases), I lost all my energy and mentally paralyzed, I could not think properly or concentrate on anything, I was just like a living ghost, I slept alot.
Then, to cut it short, I bought a puppy and it really saved me, I have a purpose. I get up early to walk her, she really sticks to me, and like, always be happy and energized, furthermore she also helps to connect with other people. I hit the gym, at first as an silly attempt to abuse my own body under heavy load and hope to die by a heart attack (lol), it was like hell, but I just get stronger and my self-image just improves over time. Besides, reading and sympathize with people in here really help. Thank all, this forum is such an understanding community and I'm very appreciated.
Thanks for listening, if you are struggling, try getting a dog, that's all I wanna say.
Goodbye,
best wishes.

Reactions: sif, Final Escape, NoOneKnows and 15 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Or a cat! I got mine when I was depressed and he really helped. Not any more though :(

Reactions: sif, Final Escape, Strumgewehr and 10 others
R

RougePineapple

Dec 5, 2018
i'm glad she's working out for you. i guess i'm doing it wrong though, or maybe i'm just too far gone, but my sweet girl's unrelenting happiness makes me feel guilty for not feeling the same way. i don't know what's wrong with me.

Reactions: sif, color_me_gone, BlackDragonof1989 and 3 others
HellinHeaven

HellinHeaven

seeking for salvation
Jan 12, 2019
When I visit my parents, I see our family dog and that's the best of the stay. She wags it's tail and when I pet her she's licking my hand. Even if I lay in bed all the day, she comes to me with no accusations and is just happy in the moment I got up. Sometimes I think a dog permanently with we would be a good idea, but unfortunately a dog cannot replace a human, or the other way I need humans who are like Dogs.

Reactions: sif, color_me_gone, BlackDragonof1989 and 4 others
RyanSuicide

RyanSuicide

Student
Jan 7, 2019
A pet as well as keeping productive and talking to people helps enormously although many people are not interested in recovery at all and would prefer to exit as soon as the next possiblility arises

Reactions: sif, therhydler, color_me_gone and 2 others
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
i'm glad she's working out for you. i guess i'm doing it wrong though, or maybe i'm just too far gone, but my sweet girl's unrelenting happiness makes me feel guilty for not feeling the same way. i don't know what's wrong with me.
There's nothing wrong with you. I had a similar experience with my pupper. I loved my dog so much, and his death was a huge loss to me and is one of the reasons I want to ctb, but there is so much more to having a dog than all of the positive aspects that many people hyperfocus on.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Watson and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I loved my dog so much, and his death was a huge loss to me and is one of the reasons I want to ctb

Totally agree with you x I've decided I'm leaving with my old girl, she hasn't long left

Reactions: sif, therhydler, color_me_gone and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
aw. wish you the best.

Thank you. She's been with me through everything for nearly 16 years - I'm not leaving her now. I don't believe in "signs" but I feel it's right for us to leave together :-)

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Whatshername and 4 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I remember many years ago seeing a woman with a t shirt reading 'if only people were more like dogs', or something to that effect. My sister pointed her out to laugh about it but I just stayed deadpan and said no she's right but apparently I was the weirdo for that.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, color_me_gone and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I'm glad you're doing better. The one animal always there for me was my cat, but he passed away after a decade of love. I miss him every day.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Watson and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm glad you're doing better. The one animal always there for me was my cat, but he passed away after a decade of love. I miss him every day.

❤️ It's devastating to lose an animal, they take part of your heart with you

B

Buddyluv19

Experienced
Dec 13, 2018
Yes. I lost my horse of 20 years a year ago. Took my will to live.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I think for some of us, having had that deep connection to a critter --dog, cat, horse (you can guess which I connected to)-- makes it impossible to seek that comfort again once it has gone. There is no replacing the one who filled our heart. Losing first my mare-daughter, and then my Grey Brother, has left me shredded, almost unable even to watch movies with horses in them. But for those who can discover it for the first time, or who can find a new personality with which to reestablish that amazing connection, there is nothing so comforting or so therapeutic, and I encourage it 100%.

Reactions: sif, Final Escape, therhydler and 3 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
I have advanced in life hatred enough to no longer be able to stand pets of any kind.

But at least others can find comfort in them so that's good for them.

Reactions: sif, Final Escape and therhydler
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
It's sad I might go before having ever owned a dog or a cat, I'm more saddened by that then having gone without having had a partner or children.

Reactions: sif, therhydler and color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Pets are wonderful!
But it is so, so, so hard to lose them.

Reactions: therhydler, Watson and TiredHorse
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
My dog is 13 with some major health issues. Taking care of her is getting harder, but I do think that when she goes, I may follow.

It may actually help my parents deal with my death: it will make sense to them that I ctb after my dog dies & they would feel far less guilty.

Reactions: therhydler and color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
It may actually help my parents deal with my death: it will make sense to them that I ctb after my dog dies & they would feel far less guilty.
I like that, and it makes good sense.
Peace be with you.

Reactions: therhydler
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
I think for some of us, having had that deep connection to a critter --dog, cat, horse (you can guess which I connected to)-- makes it impossible to seek that comfort again once it has gone. There is no replacing the one who filled our heart. Losing first my mare-daughter, and then my Grey Brother, has left me shredded, almost unable even to watch movies with horses in them. But for those who can discover it for the first time, or who can find a new personality with which to reestablish that amazing connection, there is nothing so comforting or so therapeutic, and I encourage it 100%.
I thought this same way when I lost my first yellow lab. It tore my heart to shreds. I didn't think I could handle getting another one. But after some time, my heart felt ready because it was so empty. And you can never replace the ones that were lost, but you can allow another into your life to bring you comfort and joy while still holding the one that's passed near and dear to your heart.

Reactions: therhydler and Watson