• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
While drinking red wine (yes I drink when I feel like crap, lol) I'm listening to some trance and this really hit home:

"Deep inside we'll never be anything other than lonely".

I fear this is true: loneliness/being accutely aware one's existence is separate from others is a fundamental aspect of human existence. It certainly is of mine and it's not as if I don't have friends and family. I truly believe this is my biggest problem after losing the love of my life and my best friend who was like a brother to me (much more than my actual brothers).

For those who are into this sort of music this is the song: Allure feat. Julie Thompson - somewhere inside of me.

What do you think?

• Hugs
Reactions: Empty Smile, Orin and SinisterKid
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I think we here have a skewed perspective because of the suffering we face. I remember a time I didn't feel this way and whilst I was empathetic to others, I would never have believed I would or could feel like this. Most people go through life somewhere in the middle of "good" and "bad" where existential moments are had over that glass of wine once in a while but don't occupy much space and certainly don't overwhelm them. Some people live very well and never face those moments at all. Some people like us are drowning in them. I don't think loneliness is some universal truth of the human condition. It just feels that way when its all you have.

Reactions: Empty Smile, KnightBlade and Final Escape
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I don't think loneliness is some universal truth of the human condition.

We can never, ever truly know another person (the mind is private): all we have is indirect communication (words in various arrangements) and analogy to our own experiences. In that respect at least we really are all on our own regardless of how we feel about it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Orin, SinisterKid and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
While drinking red wine (yes I drink when I feel like crap, lol) I'm listening to some trance and this really hit home:

"Deep inside we'll never be anything other than lonely".

I fear this is true: loneliness/being accutely aware one's existence is separate from others is a fundamental aspect of human existence. It certainly is of mine and it's not as if I don't have friends and family. I truly believe this is my biggest problem after losing the love of my life and my best friend who was like a brother to me (much more than my actual brothers).

For those who are into this sort of music this is the song: Allure feat. Julie Thompson - somewhere inside of me.

What do you think?

I've heard it, good song. Makes me kind of sad.

K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
I think we here have a skewed perspective because of the suffering we face. I remember a time I didn't feel this way and whilst I was empathetic to others, I would never have believed I would or could feel like this. Most people go through life somewhere in the middle of "good" and "bad" where existential moments are had over that glass of wine once in a while but don't occupy much space and certainly don't overwhelm them. Some people live very well and never face those moments at all. Some people like us are drowning in them. I don't think loneliness is some universal truth of the human condition. It just feels that way when its all you have.
I would agree. That being said I do think that having this uncontrollable desire to be with others is a major part of what makes us human. When we don't get that, we go crazy. Just think about how solitary confinement is considered a punishment in a building full of rapists and murderers. Not to mention that our closest relatives are social animals after all. Edit: Just to clarify, I think being lonely is a part of the human condition, but it's not universal. Some people thrive by themselves.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AutumnEmbers and oopswronglife