Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
A day late and a dollar short is another way to say too little too late. When a person is a day late and a dollar short, he has not only missed an opportunity due to tardiness, but also because he has not put forth enough effort.

Man, this simple little phrase sums up my life perfectly. I will be 31 come March, and I am filled with despair about how much of my life I have wasted. Finding the motivation to struggle onward and try to catch up has become increasingly difficult.

It's a bit like craving a coffee at 6AM when you wake up late for work and only finding the time to acquire said coffee at.....3 PM shortly before you're slated to go home for the day. You don't need the caffeine anymore per se because your day is over, the caffeine withdrawal headache has faded, and drinking the coffee now will likely make it that much harder to go to sleep. Is it worth buying it now well past the time it could be useful?

Why do I even bother with all this? Maybe I should just use what funds I can save to buy an extravagant vacation and then blow my brains out. No questions about being too late then. I will never be too old to kill myself.

Does anybody else want to kill themselves because of the wasted years? Right now, I would say that it's the #1 reason for my suicidal ideation.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Redacted24, Sylveon and 3 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Age 30 is wasted years?

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Age 30 is wasted years?
Yeah, I blew my 20s and don't have anything to show for it. I may as well have had a good time, but I didn't even have that. I assume you are older?

Reactions: Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Yeah, I blew my 20s and don't have anything to show for it. I may as well have had a good time, but I didn't even have that. I assume you are older?

You can literally serve three life sentences in your first fifty years!

In your 20s, you have the freedom to redo your childhood as you see fit.

The 30s are a time to plan your personal life, including marriage, children, and establishing a solid career.

At age 30, life is just beginning!

Reactions: BrainShower, reclaimedbynature and oblivion_handmade
M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
For me, I think it jolts any sense of narrative and a developing sense of self-identity.

When I have been okay and in the position to support others in my work, no years have felt wasted. When I come out of that cocoon, nothing seems to manke sense.

The big mix up in my head and the feeling that it is chronic and struck me down, is my major reason at the moment.

Sending you best wishes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and reclaimedbynature
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
You can literally serve three life sentences in your first fifty years!

In your 20s, you have the freedom to redo your childhood as you see fit.

The 30s are a time to plan your personal life, including marriage, children, and establishing a solid career.

At age 30, life is just beginning!
It's getting harder and harder to see that though. I will be 33 before I will be in a position to move back out from home. That only gives me 7 years to do all of what you're saying. I will have rotted at home for the past 9 years before that. Not good odds from where I am standing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Little_Suzy and SexyIncél
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm your age and am in an inextricable hole. I think if you haven't gotten the hang of life by this age, that doesn't bode well for your future at all. So I don't share the optimism expressd above. Trying to create a life at this age seems to be like building a bridge and crossing over it at the same time. Plus there is the question of relating to your peers which is important to mental health.

That said if you have hope or a desire for a better future you definitely don't want to waste any more time.

Reactions: Celerity and divinemistress36
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I'm your age and am in an inextricable hole. I think if you haven't gotten the hang of life by this age, that doesn't bode well for your future at all. So I don't share the optimism expressd above. Trying to create a life at this age seems to be like building a bridge and crossing over it at the same time. Plus there is the question of relating to your peers which is important to mental health.

That said if you have hope or a desire for a better future you definitely don't want to waste any more time.
That's an excellent way to put it; it very much is like building a bridge and crossing over it at the same time. When people tell me about how their life improved so much in their 30s, they usually had a solid foundation on which to build. I have nothing.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022

Yeah, the central notion of the redpill manosphere: societies are currently blatantly unfair, they lie about themselves & nothing comes easy. To achieve a a decent existence, your life's spent basically building a personal company around yourself, from scratch. Including marketing & sales dept

Women have their peculiar problems to solve, claim the redpillers. Past 30 years of age is when men typically overtake women in terms of relationship value. (Especially since they tend not to date lonely younger guys)

One thing I do is talk with anyone, with due respect & courtesy, and seeing if I can help solve their problems. This is the best way to vet people as candidate teammates who can mutually help each other — seeing how they act in difficult situations. Perhaps the best mindset is seeing yourself as a hunter. To avoid being stuck hunting all day like a sucker, you look for other hunters

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, it isn't great. I did try in life. I went to college, went to uni, got my degree. Ended up in retail, trying to freelance at the same time in my chosen subject. By my late twenties, I knew I'd failed. I felt so desperate really. I decided to do a second degree at that point. I was 28- 10 years older than most of the people in the group. That actually ended up being ok though. But yeah- it wasn't easy and honestly- I'm kind of screwed again now! Mainly because I chose another creative subject. But honestly- things briefly picked up for me. You have to really want it though and you have to be able to fund it too- obviously.

I don't think it's always age. It certainly doesn't help being older. I'm 44 now. When I look at apprenticeships now- I think- God- I wish I was at an age where they'd actually consider me. It's naive to think all doors are still open to you. But honestly, it is to do with attitude as well. If you believe it's too late, in a way, you've already given yourself the excuse to fail. (Sorry if that sounds harsh.)

When- you'll always find the odd person doing something ambitious despite their age. I know 70+ year olds that are still working in physical jos because they love them and presumably, keep themselves fit enough to be able to compete. You definitely need drive though and that's kind of hard to just get- speaking as someone who has now lost a lot of their motivation! I wish you luck though- in whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: BrainShower