• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019

The second one is click baity and says that 95% of suicide attempts are unsuccessful according to the American Association of Suicidology.

What you guys think?

Reactions: TimeToDie and Circles
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I'm low on data so I'm not clicking if it's Pro-life bullshit.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, Darkhaven, Circles and 1 other person
LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
This youtuber is full of it. It's just clickbait so he can make money.

Reactions: inconsequential
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
If his Youtube videos weren't full of shit, Youtube would take it down. Youtube(aka Google) has Nazi like censorship.

Reactions: cornflowerblue, Circles and inconsequential
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Oh, look, it's me hating humanity yet again.

Reactions: Kuolema, Severen and Circles
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have watched both of his videos. While I disagree with his fundamentals, he is right about the efficacy of certain methods, like OD'ing, cutting wrists (incorrectly), or even hanging (improerly) I'll give him that much... At any rate, I don't like the pro-lifey undertone that his videos espouse.

Reactions: Darkhaven, cornflowerblue and Circles
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
Dude looks like a creepy happy clapper. Pass.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019

The second one is click baity and says that 95% of suicide attempts are unsuccessful according to the American Association of Suicidology.

What you guys think?

I like it. It's not for me, but people calling themselves "suicidal" are a broad varied group, so I think his stuff could help somebody else.
I have watched both of his videos. While I disagree with his fundamentals, he is right about the efficacy of certain methods, like OD'ing, cutting wrists (incorrectly), or even hanging (improerly) I'll give him that much... At any rate, I don't like the pro-lifey undertone that his videos espouse.
I don't get a pro-life or anti-choice undertone, just pro-support and that options exist.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019

What you guys think?
Of course 95% fail -- just look at the half-assed methods that are typically used. Somebody just posted to ask if a Prozac OD would kill them -- that is after 11 prior attempts!!! Hardly a day goes by that we don't get some "will this (non-toxic) drug kill me" question. A lot of folks ask that and in the past I've suggested that SSRIs might be fatal if they literally eat the pill bottle and choke to death on it.

Reactions: cornflowerblue
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Of course 95% fail -- just look at the half-assed methods that are typically used. Somebody just posted to ask if a Prozac OD would kill them -- that is after 11 prior attempts!!! Hardly a day goes by that we don't get some "will this (non-toxic) drug kill me" question. A lot of folks ask that and in the past I've suggested that SSRIs might be fatal if they literally eat the pill bottle and choke to death on it.
That's why I think a recovery forum would be good here too, I think some of those posts are less desires to die, and more of a desire for people to acknowledge how severe their suffering is.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I believe I contributed to this by asking if I would die from quetiapine/Amit in the doses I had, it was simply because I wanted out and that was all I had at the time. I think a lot of people post like that and just want to escape and are hoping that they have a method that is able to do it. I also want to say that after talking to one of the pharmacists they seemed to think it would be fatal, idk though?.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
after talking to one of the pharmacists they seemed to think it would be fatal, idk though?.
I've noticed that medical advice tends to confuse "could be" with "would be" when it comes to risk-prevention. Understandably so.

Reactions: Rez_MbChB
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I've noticed that medical advice tends to confuse "could be" with "would be" when it comes to risk-prevention. Understandably so.
Yeah I obviously couldn't be too specific with her either, considering work together kinda.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I believe I contributed to this by asking if I would die from quetiapine/Amit in the doses I had, it was simply because I wanted out and that was all I had at the time. I think a lot of people post like that and just want to escape and are hoping that they have a method that is able to do it. I also want to say that after talking to one of the pharmacists they seemed to think it would be fatal, idk though?.
I remember your post. It sounded like it might actually be fatal, so I wasn't thinking of you when I responded above. At least your plan sounded infinitely more lethal than a recent poster asking about their 108 mg of Valium, which has absolutely no chance of death.

On another forum I remember a woman with a suicide plan of 40 mg Xanax & vodka, which again has almost no chance. Of course, I know there are rare exceptions like Amy Winehouse who died from a BAC of 0.41 without the help of any other drugs.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I remember your post. It sounded like it might actually be fatal, so I wasn't thinking of you when I responded above. At least your plan sounded infinitely more lethal than a recent poster asking about their 108 mg of Valium, which has absolutely no chance of death.

On another forum I remember a woman with a suicide plan of 40 mg Xanax & vodka, which again has almost no chance. Of course, I know there are rare exceptions like Amy Winehouse who died from a BAC of 0.41 without the help of any other drugs.
That's whack, so low! I get a BAC of 0.41 every weekend lol

Edit: misread it as 0.04 never mind lol

Last edited:
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
That's whack, so low! I get a BAC of 0.41 every weekend lol

Edit: misread it as 0.04 never mind lol
Haha! I've heard that people in NZ drink a lot so I thought maybe you all have some evolutionary adaptation like the high-altitude people