I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
I plan to ctb by full suspension hanging. I am confused whether to use a carabiner or the Hangman's noose or the simple noose to tighten the ligature around my neck.

I cannot experiment myself as I am on a strict suicide watch of my immediate family. I don't care about the pain at all. I just want a confirmed death. Therefore I can't afford a failed attempt.

Please tell me what should I choose among the three options to avoid a failed attempt. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
In a full suspension suicidal hanging, is a hangman's noose better because a simple noose my not remain intact. I don't care about the pain. I just want a confirmed death and therefore I intend to make it as lethal as possible. I can't experiment on myself as I am on a strict suicide watch of my immediate family.
I know next to nothing about hanging, but I'm assuming if it's referred to as a literal "hangman's" noose that it would automatically be best suited for that purpose.

Best of luck :heart:

I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
I know next to nothing about hanging, but I'm assuming if it's referred to as a literal "hangman's" noose that it would automatically be best suited for that purpose.

Best of luck :heart:
Thank you.

I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
use the slip knot
the hangman's noose is used for jumping
The slip knot may not remain intact. I think I should arrange a carabiner.

Last edited:
Forgotten

Forgotten

Student
Aug 19, 2020
Slipknot is preferred because you want the rope to apply as much pressure as possible. Hangman's knot is more for a execution style where you don't want the rope to slip tighter.

Reactions: Initiated
I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
I'm fine with this node...what scheme do you follow?
Sorry I didn't get what you are asking.
Slipknot is preferred because you want the rope to apply as much pressure as possible. Hangman's knot is more for a execution style where you don't want the rope to slip tighter.
What will you suggest if a carabiner is also included in the comparison?

Last edited:
TerminallyAlive

TerminallyAlive

Oct 7, 2020
What's a simple slipknot that will do the trick?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'm going with bowline and a simple noose with 10mm static climbing line. Also planning on lubricating the rope a bit before kicking the chair. My problem at the moment is not having any good anchor point that's not available to the public, would have to risk using a tree, and it's a little harder to find a good branch then I thought lol. Also need to somehow bring a chair/ladder/etc or figure it out some other way. Would be way more comfy to just have a secure anchor point inside and just using a dining chair or something.