• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

Ineedtobedead

Nov 11, 2019
Do you think it's safe? That's all I have now.. I can't order a rope coz my mom would ask when I go get the delivery. I tried tying the belt to the doorknob and pulling down hard with my hand it held, but I'm still not sure if it'll be able to hold when I actually execute partial.. the belt is not long enough to reach the other side of the door :(

Also would it be safe to do it at night when my parents are asleep? I know it's kinda risky but that's the only chance I can get and I can't continue like this anymore..

Last edited:
mycabbages

mycabbages

still here
Oct 23, 2019
I'm sorry to hear you are in this state. It does sound risky too. If they found you mid partial hanging cbt, there is a high chance of brain damage.
I would get everything prepared to cbt. And do it when you have your time alone in the house.

For a while before getting my hands on a rope I used to practice carotid artery occlusion with a DIY tourniquet made with a t-shirt and a wooden spoon. I got to the point of almost passing out and if my SI wasn't so strong and unwound the tourniquet, I would have just cbt'd there.
Perhaps could try with a tourniquet? It would be more discreet and you could do it comfortably alone in your bed. If you try this method my tip is to place the tourniquet at the highest level of your neck and twist very quickly while standing up so you don't experience head swelling feeling of jugular occlusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ineedtobedead
SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
Having tried this myself twice, I can only say my experience was poor. Both times failed (obviously, because I'm still here). The second time was more successful as in I was able to successfully become unconscious however the body moves quite a bit during hanging, which mine obviously did and the (makeshift) rope moved so I woke on the floor a little later.

I would also say it's highly unlikely to successfully do this with someone else very near by as it's quite noisy, particularly on doors etc, they'd very likely hear your body thrashing and save you.

sorry you are feeling this way, maybe take some more time to think this through

Reactions: Ryan.s, Ineedtobedead and mycabbages
I

Ineedtobedead

Nov 11, 2019
I'm sorry to hear you are in this state. It does sound risky too. If they found you mid partial hanging cbt, there is a high chance of brain damage.
I would get everything prepared to cbt. And do it when you have your time alone in the house.

For a while before getting my hands on a rope I used to practice carotid artery occlusion with a DIY tourniquet made with a t-shirt and a wooden spoon. I got to the point of almost passing out and if my SI wasn't so strong and unwound the tourniquet, I would have just cbt'd there.
Perhaps could try with a tourniquet? It would be more discreet and you could do it comfortably alone in your bed. If you try this method my tip is to place the tourniquet at the highest level of your neck and twist very quickly while standing up so you don't experience head swelling feeling of jugular occlusion.

Thank you so much for the information, it seems pretty feasible, I'll try it out. Can I do it sitting down though? like sitting on my bed so when I reach unconsciousness I'll just fall on my bed

mycabbages

mycabbages

still here
Oct 23, 2019
Thank you so much for the information, it seems pretty feasible, I'll try it out. Can I do it sitting down though? like sitting on my bed so when I reach unconsciousness I'll just fall on my bed
Yeah, try it out. Do some test runs. it might help you find what works best.

S

sequesther

Nov 18, 2019
This is my method too, but I've had 9 months to research and cross-reference.

Know that once you fully commit and attempt this, if done right you will lose consciousness before you can even think of stopping yourself.

The pressure will make it so you can't remove the ligature (rope, belt or cord) in time. After loss of consciousness (which takes as little as 8 seconds and at most 15-20 seconds) your brain will die first rendering you unaware of any pain, but then the involuntary reflexes of your dying body will kick in (jerking and twisting) for 20-30 minutes until organ failure and death. In body death the bladder and stomach will likely eject their contents (urine, feces, bile) and the face is likely to swell and turn blue with blood vessels bursting and the tongue protruding...not leaving the peaceful picture that most people believe hanging will accomplish.

I am covering my head completely and wearing a large heavy duty garbage bag as a kind of skirt. With the mess I made of my own life, no one deserves to look upon my mess in death.
Yeah, try it out. Do some test runs. it might help you find what works best.

With this method I wouldn't lie down or sit. To be quick and effective you need to maintain a constant and sufficient amount of pressure on your carotid arteries. Lying down or sitting gives your body leverage to release that pressure and will result in you regaining consciousness or being resuscitated with the possibility of brain damage or paralysis due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

Last edited:
I

Ineedtobedead

Nov 11, 2019
This is my method too, but I've had 9 months to research and cross-reference.

Know that once you fully commit and attempt this, if done right you will lose consciousness before you can even think of stopping yourself.

The pressure will make it so you can't remove the ligature (rope, belt or cord) in time. After loss of consciousness (which takes as little as 8 seconds and at most 15-20 seconds) your brain will die first rendering you unaware of any pain, but then the involuntary reflexes of your dying body will kick in (jerking and twisting) for 20-30 minutes until organ failure and death. In body death the bladder and stomach will likely eject their contents (urine, feces, bile) and the face is likely to swell and turn blue with blood vessels bursting and the tongue protruding...not leaving the peaceful picture that most people believe hanging will accomplish.

I am covering my head completely and wearing a large heavy duty garbage bag as a kind of skirt. With the mess I made of my own life, no one deserves to look upon my mess in death.

With this method I wouldn't lie down or sit. To be quick and effective you need to maintain a constant and sufficient amount of pressure on your carotid arteries. Lying down or sitting gives your body leverage to release that pressure and will result in you regaining consciousness or being resuscitated with the possibility of brain damage or paralysis due to lack of oxygen to the brain.
But why did the people look normal in the pics posted in the mega hanging thread, no signs of swelling and turning blue?

Andd the convulsing will last for 20-30 minutes? :o I know that death will occur in 20-30 minutes but I didn't know the convulsing will last until the very end, I thought it would probably last for a few minutes then stop.. Are you sure about that?

S

sequesther

Nov 18, 2019
I apologize for sounding like I know what in hell I'm talking about. It's one of my many faults that no one will miss. Honestly, it could go a number of ways and all depends on a variety of factors:
  • The weight of the person
  • The sturdiness of the support for the ligature
  • The type, length and thickness of the ligature
  • The position of the ligature around the neck
  • Whether the person is performing a full or partial suspension or drop hanging
  • The type and amount of padding between the ligature and neck, if any
  • The type and position of the knot used as the ligature
  • Whether the person has any means prior to losing consciousness of relieving the pressure of the ligature
This is all based on months and months of cross-referencing suicides, auto-asphyxiation, live feed videos and testimonials from survivors of failed hanging and strangulation attempts. Too many to link to...

But in the end, it is what it is. Ultimately we just don't know and can't be certain until we make the attempt. And this method like any other comes with no guarantees of any aspect of it turning out the way we'd imagine.

Such is life and death.
I apologize for sounding like I know what in hell I'm talking about. It's one of my many faults that no one will miss. Honestly, it could go a number of ways and all depends on a variety of factors:
  • Whether the person has any means prior to losing consciousness of relieving the pressure of the ligature
This is all based on months and months of cross-referencing suicides, auto-asphyxiation, live feed videos and testimonials from survivors of failed hanging and strangulation attempts. Too many to link to...

But in the end, it is what it is. Ultimately we just don't know and can't be certain until we make the attempt. And this method like any other comes with no guarantees of any aspect of it turning out the way we'd imagine.

Such is life and death.

Also, some poor girl in India died in agony because apparently she either didn't have the right materials or she just didn't do her research on the method. She ended up slowly (and I mean a good 15-20 minutes) suffocating to death in the pain of cutting off her windpipe instead of compressing her carotid arteries. Her ligature held but was so tight and she was dangling from a ceiling fan so she couldn't free herself. Horrid.

Last edited:
I

Ineedtobedead

Nov 11, 2019

Such is life and death.

Also, some poor girl in India died in agony because apparently she either didn't have the right materials or she just didn't do her research on the method. She ended up slowly (and I mean a good 15-20 minutes) suffocating to death in the pain of cutting off her windpipe instead of compressing her carotid arteries. Her ligature held but was so tight and she was dangling from a ceiling fan so she couldn't free herself. Horrid.
I came across the video but never dared to click in :aw: I think I get the correct way to do it theoretically, I'll pad something between the rope and my neck like the method mentioned in the night-night mega thread, just hope I don't mess it up by being too clumsy..

Last edited: