SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
I wanted to share this band named "Citizen Soldier" all of their music is based off of mental health. It's NOT those bs songs where it's like "it's gonna be alright it's gonna get better". Their theme is mainly rock, and personally I never really enjoyed it but this band makes me love it! Not all of their music is rock, and the lyrics, the lyric videos are amazingly well done. Some are heavy, some are light. I like about 90% of their songs. I remember tearing up with a couple of their songs, because it literally explained some of my feelings, past experiences etc.
here are my favourites:
I hate myself
If I surrender
Bedroom ceiling
Golden weather
Let me let go
runaway from myself
This is not a phase
Words that don't exist
Deathbed
Still frame
Suicide Note
Empty Cup
Never ending nightmare
Pandoras box
Always December
Hand me down
Unsaid
Numb to everything
Pretend my pain away
Worst in me
Still Breathing
Wanted
Waiting on the sun
Who I am
This is your sign
If these scars could speak
Never good enough
Devil inside
Weight of the world
In pieces
Mess of me
Forever damned
The cage
Buried alive
15 minutes of fame
Found

Not all of those are rock, but I highly recommend looking at the lyrics videos on their YouTube channel.
But it's amazing how they can do so many different genres of music.
And the build up.
I like a lot more by them but I adore those ones so so much.
Anyways I wanted to share this because I hope it can give you some words to speak if u want to communicate with people, have music that's has so much validation.
(For the record they r releasing their first song on their new Album "ICU" and that will be afterlife, can't wait to finally hear the whole thing)

Reactions: Ultracheese
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Never ending nightmare
Damn right. Music about these feelings is one of my only personal reasons (not guilt related) why I would put off ctb if it wasn't for my parents. I find that most of my connection comes from hearing music that makes me feel how I'm not the only one being psychologically tortured.

Reactions: SpiderLink
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
Damn right. Music about these feelings is one of my only personal reasons (not guilt related) why I would put off ctb if it wasn't for my parents. I find that most of my connection comes from hearing music that makes me feel how I'm not the only one being psychologically tortured.
I feel ya

Reactions: Unending