• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
I've thought about it a million times. I've considered every way to do it. Obviously it's not the most peaceful. But I feel like its the best way to do it. 9mm with hollow point to my temple? just drive a thousand miles away park my car walk into some woods and end it.

thoughts?

Reactions: DoneWithThis, nonexistance and Dead_Inside
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Threads is the expert on guns and he just started a megathread about the gun method.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
Threads is the expert on guns and he just started a megathread about the gun method.

Honestly, Smilla: I must admit that the clear intent of that "thread" is to portray guns in an unduly positive light by exaggerating the only remotely-positive aspect (instantaneous), and hand-wave away the serious negatives (high-risk effects of failure) as "not a big deal" ...while also exaggerating or even fabricating slight obstacles that are unlikely to arise from attempting to acquire the [obviously] superior methods (reliable, peaceful). It's a pretty misleading "thread," if you were to ask any of the euthanasia/assisted suicide experts, --far more competent and credible persons, no doubt. So while any random person could create an account on this site and depict themselves as a firearms "expert" --know this: those kinds of people are a dime-a-dozen in middle-america.

In short: we ought to be especially skeptical of a random internet user advocating high-risk (and far more dangerous) activities, over tried & tested activities which come from sources of verifiable expertise. --imho

Last edited:
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Honestly, Smilla: I must admit that the clear intent of that "thread" is to portray guns in an unduly positive light by exaggerating the only remotely-positive aspect (instantaneous), and hand-wave away the serious negatives (high-risk effects of failure) as "not a big deal" ...while also exaggerating or even fabricating slight obstacles that are unlikely to arise from attempting to acquire the [obviously] superior methods (reliable, peaceful). It's a pretty misleading "thread," if you were to ask any of the euthanasia/assisted suicide experts, --far more competent and credible persons, no doubt. So while any random person could create an account on this site and depict themselves as a firearms "expert" --know this: those kinds of people are a dime-a-dozen in middle-america.

In short: we ought to be especially skeptical of a random internet user advocating high-risk activities, over tried & tested activities which come from sources of expertise. --imho

I don't necessarily disagree with you, and I am not advocating for death via gun but if someone is determined to die by this method then they need as much information/discussion as possible so as to minimize the chances of ending up with a pea brain which is likely with a low caliber/wrong aim.

Threads is advocating for information and it's good information imho. I've done a wee bit of research on guns and Threads thread doesn't contradict any of it, merely reinforces what little I have learned.

Reactions: leavinghope and skitliv
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
after glancing at threads post and talking to a few people the 9mm hollow point is the back up plan. nitrogen exit bag. 2 deep breaths and youre sleeping. 4 minutes ( of unconscious nothingness ) and you're at peace.

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
threads post is very informative in a, fuck you sort of way. I found it distasteful.

Reactions: Aponia & Ataraxia
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
threads post is very informative in a, fuck you sort of way. I found it distasteful.

I think he was trying to be humorous. Perhaps a bad attempt but I didn't find it offensive. To each their own I guess.

Reactions: zach
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
I don't necessarily disagree with you, and I am not advocating for death via gun but if someone is determined to die by this method then they need as much information/discussion as possible so as to minimize the chances of ending up with a pea brain which is likely with a low caliber/wrong aim.

Threads is advocating for information and it's good information imho. I've done a wee bit of research on guns and Threads thread doesn't contradict any of it, merely reinforces what little I have learned.

I definitely see where that line of thought is coming from. I myself had planned to use a gun as a backup method, but then after careful deliberation saw that a nitro rig was objectively the better option (even in terms of $ cost, if $100 more-or-less is no issue). Without going into a longer explanation I would still have to err on the side of caution. If in fact one is "determined" to use a firearm like I was (likely the highest-risk method out there, due to its unpredictable and volatile nature), it is in their best interest to acknowledge that: this arbitrary method is [as a matter of fact], devoid of sense or reason (given the serious consequences if failure occurs), and look elsewhere, --carefully weighing the facts (right-to-die organizations/euthanasia science). This dissenting view is definitely warranted with regards to firearms, so I'll just present the gist of it here. It's quite the moral dilemma when issues like these arise...

Last edited:
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

That's what I'm getting at: there's no way to paint something so obviously dangerous as being "fine" --especially when perfectly viable alternatives are just as available, reliable, and affordable ...that's why the method preys on the desperate, and it can lead to transporting one to a very, very deeper level of hell than one had been in before pulling the trigger. There is something indecent about that... This is simply not a matter of opinion, but of fact. No doctor, or expert affiliated with a right-to-die organization or suicide clinic would advocate firearms --each of these far more competent & credible sources being in plain sight online. So, I don't think we do any good by passing off these high-risk methods as "just fine" ..Indeed I'd have to say the particular post reeked of blatant carelessness/negligence, above all. I'm sure Nitschke alongside all the other experts would agree, so this isn't merely my own view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit

Last edited:
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
That's what I'm getting at: there's no way to paint something so obviously dangerous as being "fine" --especially when perfectly viable alternatives are just as available, reliable, and affordable ...that's why the method preys on the desperate, and it can lead to transporting one to a very, very deeper level of hell than one had been in before pulling the trigger. There is something indecent about that...

I hear you; however the fact remains that folks are still going to kill themselves with guns despite the existence of better methods. Hell I am all for nitrogen, check out my avatar.

But some people can't get N, some folks despise the idea of a bag over their head, and if you get the right gun and aim properly you will succeed. Is it a great method? Hell no. This is suicide, it ain't a party.

I spoke to one guy last month offline and he planned to shoot himself in the temple with a .22. Isn't it better that I told him not to go that route, to find another method or at least a shotgun?

People will continue to off themselves with guns as long as they exist; it's better to arm them with information if they are determined to attempt this way.

Information is power and I don't see the problem with Threads advice and opening of discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Threads and leavinghope
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I definitely see where that line of thought is coming from. I myself had planned to use a gun as a backup method, but then after careful deliberation saw that a nitro rig was objectively the better option (even in terms of $ cost, if $100 more-or-less is no issue). Without going into a longer explanation I would still have to err on the side of caution. If in fact one is "determined" to use a firearm like I was (likely the highest-risk method out there, due to its unpredictable and volatile nature), it is in their best interest to acknowledge that: this arbitrary method is [as a matter of fact], devoid of sense or reason (given the serious consequences if failure occurs), and look elsewhere, --carefully weighing the facts (right-to-die organizations/euthanasia science). This dissenting view is definitely warranted with regards to firearms, so I'll just present the gist of it here. It's quite the moral dilemma when issues like these arise...

If you have something you'd like to say about firearms and can present something better, I am always going to listen.

But guns are my expertise, and if someone wants to use a firearm, I offer expert advice.