• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
I just don't want to eat anymore. Will I die if I continue doing this for a month?

• Hugs
Reactions: Leiden
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It could happen I guess. How are you feeling? Any pains yet? Your body will start feeding off itself at some point. You're going to get some pain at some point, not sure when. I assume you've done some research on this method? Credit to you for this method. I don't think I could do it.

Reactions: rozeske
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I have been researching a lot about hunger strikes and there's no certain answer really. It all depends on the individual. How healthy are you? Some sources say no food or water or other hydrating liquid will take a week or less. Other sources say 10-14 days. There's the case of Sharmila who was on hunger strike for 16 years and is still alive today. Coffee is not supposed to be a hydrating liquid. Anything with alcohol or caffeine is supposed to be non-hydrating. My personal record is 6 days with just 1 cup of coffee on day 1 and day 2 and nothing else to eat or drink. I didn't feel great but also didn't feel like death was imminent. Every individual is unique and there are a few ways to hunger strike. Gandhi ate salt and drank lemon juice on his hunger strikes for instance and went 3 weeks twice. I just recently read about a man in prison somewhere in eastern Europe šŸŒ who went 2 weeks no food or liquids. I wish there was a hard fast consistent answer but there isn't. 1 person could die in as little as 3 days and the next person could be another Sharmila.

I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
It could happen I guess. How are you feeling? Any pains yet? Your body will start feeding off itself at some point. You're going to get some pain at some point, not sure when. I assume you've done some research on this method? Credit to you for this method. I don't think I could do it.
I haven't done any research and didn't plan it. I just got sick of suffering that I lost my appetite, at first I was forcing myself to eat because of boredom but it's been 5 days since I stopped eating and it wasn't hard at all. I already feel ashamed for existing and don't think I deserve to eat. So far, I only feel weak physically and I got a headache once.
I have been researching a lot about hunger strikes and there's no certain answer really. It all depends on the individual. How healthy are you? Some sources say no food or water or other hydrating liquid will take a week or less. Other sources say 10-14 days. There's the case of Sharmila who was on hunger strike for 16 years and is still alive today. Coffee is not supposed to be a hydrating liquid. Anything with alcohol or caffeine is supposed to be non-hydrating. My personal record is 6 days with just 1 cup of coffee on day 1 and day 2 and nothing else to eat or drink. I didn't feel great but also didn't feel like death was imminent. Every individual is unique and there are a few ways to hunger strike. Gandhi ate salt and drank lemon juice on his hunger strikes for instance and went 3 weeks twice. I just recently read about a man in prison somewhere in eastern Europe šŸŒ who went 2 weeks no food or liquids. I wish there was a hard fast consistent answer but there isn't. 1 person could die in as little as 3 days and the next person could be another Sharmila.
I'm not healthy at all. How did she survive 16 years eating nothing and not drinking? what???!!

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I haven't done any research and didn't plan it. I just got sick of suffering that I lost my appetite, at first I was forcing myself to eat because of boredom but it's been 5 days since I stopped eating and it wasn't hard at all. I already feel ashamed for existing and don't think I deserve to eat. So far, I only feel weak physically and I got a headache once.

I'm not healthy at all. How did she survive 16 years eating nothing and not drinking? what???!!
It's very early yet in your attempt. Not to scare you, but expect worse symptoms to come. It will get harder before it gets easier again.

No one can go 16 years without eating or drinking. That is preposterous.

Reactions: Someone123, Brokensaddle, rozeske and 1 other person
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
It's very early yet in your attempt. Not to scare you, but expect worse symptoms to come. It will get harder before it gets easier again.

No one can go 16 years without eating or drinking. That is preposterous.
says they force fed her through her nose in prison so

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
says they force fed her through her nose in prison so
Well, that's eating and drinking. Still providing nourishment. I don't understand the "nose" thing, though. Much more likely fed through IV.

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
Well, that's eating and drinking. Still providing nourishment. I don't understand the "nose" thing, though. Much more likely fed through IV.
says it was a nasogastric tube so like through the nose down the throat šŸ˜¬ can't have been pleasant but yes to say she was starving for 16 years and still alive is a bit of a misrepresentation of what actually happened.

Reactions: rozeske
floating_cloud

floating_cloud

fading
May 30, 2024
It will take a long time I personally never died from it, it can cause intense pain tho it wont be easy so be prepared

Reactions: Someone123 and Skathon
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I just don't want to eat anymore. Will I die if I continue doing this for a month?
Sorry, I wish this was a feasible method, but it's not. People go sixty days plus sometimes and they don't pass. The main way this can be feasible is if you are in a hospital and they give you sedatives to lessen the pain, this is how some older people leave. I know of someone who went 30 days who did not pass but who caused a lot of harm to his health- I can't remember the details. I wish this could work for people who want to stop their pain because fasting can seem like an easy solution, but it really isn't feasible. Lots of people do fast of 7 to 14 to 30 t help their health, the body can clean up damage when it doesn't need to digest food. I hope you can find peace somehow.

Reactions: ihatemyparents
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Most likely not. Once you become hungry, you will eat. When you are stressed or depressed, you often lose your appetiteā€”sometimes for weeks

I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
Most likely not. Once you become hungry, you will eat. When you are stressed or depressed, you often lose your appetiteā€”sometimes for weeks
I've been hungry for the past 5 days and I didn't eat and don't want to

Reactions: Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I've been hungry for the past 5 days and I didn't eat and don't want to

You're drinking coffee, which is both an aphrodisiac stimulant and an appetite suppressant.

Many of us here are AN/BN and underweight, so we understand the cycles. You will eat once your "fasting high" has passed and your stress levels have decreased. If I ever want to die from AN/BN, it will not be due to starvation, but choking to death during a binge. I refuse to die hungry! Nonetheless, it is a serious issue, and I do have urges to "choke binge," but I now have private nursing at home to ensure I do not do so.

Drink electrolytes if you feel weak or dizzy from an electrolytes imbalance. You will feel better, but you will continue your "food fast." Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: ihatemyparents
A

Autumn_Stars

Jun 9, 2024
In Kenya hundreds of people starved themselves to death to meet Jesus. People here VSED but it is hard if you're not terminally ill.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
In Kenya hundreds of people starved themselves to death to meet Jesus. People here VSED but it is hard if you're not terminally ill.
With cultural support like that it could be easier, but they probably get down to being skeletons first. If someone stars to look like a skeleton someone will probably call an ambulance. Probably not feasible here.

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
The longest I've went without eating is one month. I ate nothing. I only had one iced coffee a day. I didn't die. I started passing out though, which could make the situation worse. You get used to the stomach pains and it almost feels like an old friend. The feeling kind of becomes pleasant and easy to bare after you get used to it.