Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I know you can't overdose on diazepam, but just out of interest: how many hours of sleep do you think I'd get from 50mg of Diazepam?

The highest dose I've taken at one time is only 8mg.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
It doesn't really work like that. It's not a 'the more you take, the more you sleep' kinda thing.

Reactions: Ghost2211
lost guy

lost guy

Just a guy trying to work things out.
Aug 12, 2020
I'm sure you'll get some sleep, but it's hard to say for how long because everyone is different. There is no definitive answer. I would be cautious due to the fact that you might blackout and do some stupid shit you won't remember and might regret before or after you catch some zzzz's on that kind of dose.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Pookie
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
11.5 hrs

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Pookie
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I'm sure you'll get some sleep, but it's hard to say for how long because everyone is different. There is no definitive answer. I would be cautious due to the fact that you might blackout and do some stupid shit you won't remember and might regret before or after you catch some zzzz's on that kind of dose.
I agree with this. You might not sleep at all, but feel drowsy, confused and have very dry mouth.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
Good point. Who knows what I might get up to during a blackout.
Have you had that kind of dose?

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You won't get extra sleep you'll just get extra unwell feeling. I wouldn't waste them that way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Good point. Who knows what I might get up to during a blackout.

Have you had that kind of dose?
No I did have a bit of a problem with it a couple of years ago where I took them without thinking about Doses so I coukd have had that sort of amount in me.
I was surprised how powerful such a small amount of a drug could be.
Its very useful short term.
How come you want a long sleep? Just to get away for a while?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I've taken 10 Xanax pills and slept 8 hours only. Depends on your body/ tolerance

Reactions: Pookie
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
u may be in a zombie like state not knowing what u may end up doing before u black out bro ... But no guarantee the sleep would be long and peaceful..

Reactions: Meditation guide and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
No I did have a bit of a problem with it a couple of years ago where I took them without thinking about Doses so I coukd have had that sort of amount in me.
I was surprised how powerful such a small amount of a drug could be.
Its very useful short term.
How come you want a long sleep? Just to get away for a while?
I wish I could just sleep for days on end as a form of escape. I already don't sleep well as it is. Unfortunately I don't think there are any meds that'll make me sleep for days lol .

• Hugs
Reactions: carrie and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I wish I could just sleep for days on end as a form of escape. I already don't sleep well as it is. Unfortunately I don't think there are any meds that'll make me sleep for days lol .
I know that feeling friend.
Maybe try and take something to give you a deep uninterrupted sleep for one night?
Otc sleep aids (non herbal) in the uk are pretty strong

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
16.3 hours. No more, no less.

Reactions: Pookie and Meditation guide
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
No one can tell you the answer because a lot the effect is based on your tolerance and the individual way you react to the drug. With that being said, my guess is around 10 hours. Valium is a longer acting benzo than xanax so you would get more than 8 hours of sleep most likely. Once I overdosed on the clonazolam and took the equivalent of probably hundreds of mg of valium, I woke about 36 hours later. The doctors thought I had brain damage and a major reason was that it took me very long to wake up.

I strongly advise you not to purposely OD. It can be a very unpleasant experience. My jaw got dislocated sometime after I ODed and it was left open for 40 hours it would have been closer to 48 if I had not put it back into place as I woke up. In addition I was described as passed out and doing nothing for hours before I went to the hospital and after the person who took me the hospital. The next time they say me in the ER I was thrashing around screaming. All in all an unpleasant experience. If this goes wrong just know you most likely won't be getting adequate care.

Basically you run the risk of an extremely unpleasant experience and it being on your medical records for the rest of your life, influencing future interactions with doctor and care.

Reactions: Emily_Numb and Pookie
SleepyTime

SleepyTime

Oct 10, 2019
I would take the minimum you need for sleep. When you wake up take some more. Rinse and repeat until you have no pills left.