Jun 7, 2020
Title says it all

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, stygal, Computer Blue and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Good luck fam. The best moments of my life have been during times when I meditated a lot.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, UseItOrLoseIt, stygal and 2 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I've been thinking along similar lines. A life of calmness and insight instead of anxiety and depression, that's certainly something worth aiming for. I wish you good luck! :hug:

Reactions: DocNo, UseItOrLoseIt, stygal and 1 other person
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
Good luck! I have such a difficult time meditating but I do wish for a slower and more peaceful life

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and TheYounger
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
An admirable goal to have.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, UseItOrLoseIt, Sensei and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I'd love to live similar to a buddhist monk...lots of meditation and some physical activity in nature and living with the bare minimum when it comes to personal belongings and also no news or social media.
I feel that would be the closed I'd come to leading a fulfilling life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DocNo, TheYounger, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I've had the same fantasy since like forever.
Actually, I do remember the exact moment it came to be. I had an out-of-body experience while reading "Siddartha" by Hermann Hesse as a teenager. I live in the country, and it was a routine of mine, at the time, to go read outside. To cut the story short, for a relatively long moment I was the trees, I was the sky and the grass I was sitting on and all that shit. I let the book fall on my lap, and I just was. An amazing experience I won't ever forget.
So, yeah, I get it :haha: Unfortunately, the logistics behind it makes this a nearly impossibe goal. I would have to move to Tibet or something, cause good luck trying to reach a permanet state of enlightment in this neurotic, materialistic, sensory overloading society of ours.
As an alternative way, I pondered the possibilty to enter a christian monastery. But I think being religious must be like the first criteria for admission. Still, I dig the simple lifestyle and I wish there were atheist monasteries. So unfair.

• Love
Reactions: RedRumThisLoser and Callie Arcale