TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have decided to list various additional examples of pro-lifer hypocrisy just to expose their hypocritical nature when it comes to logic. I may be preaching to the choir here with this, but I figured this would highlight all (or as many as I can list) of the inconsistencies in their logic and how stupid their logic is.

Example #1:

Pro-lifers: Only you (the individual) know what is best for your life.
(Person makes said decision on their own regarding what is best.)

Also Pro-lifers: One (speaking to the individual) is not a reliable witness for oneself (referring to the decision to CTB).

Example #2:

Pro-lifers: Only the person can draw the line when enough is enough and everyone has different limits.
(When said person draws the line..)

Also pro-lifers: You can't/don't know where to draw the line on when is enough (presumptuous, acting like they know what is best), keep trying!

Example #3:

Pro-lifers: You can always CTB in the future!
(Then when said future time comes, be it months, years, or much later in a person's lifespan..)

Also Pro-lifers: No, you cannot CTB! Don't do it!

Example #4:

Pro-lifers: Don't live for others, live for yourself instead!
(Then when said person decides not to live for themselves, and instead chooses CTB)

Also Pro-lifers: No, you cannot CTB! It's bad don't do it! Find someone/something [else] to live for!!

Example #5:

(When one finds their own life to be intolerable and after years of careful deliberation and evaluation, decide life is not worth it, tries to CTB.)

Pro-lifers: No! Don't do it!! Life is beautiful! You are not of sound mind! You are irrational! You cannot make that decision and you need help!!!

(A heinous criminal commits really atrocious acts against humanity, even in the most vile and grotesque acts on their victims, sometimes involving death or grievous harm)

Also Pro-lifers: He/she deserves the death penalty! Death to (insert criminal)!! They must be held accountable! Mental illness, irrationality is not an excuse! He/she knew what they were doing!!

(or in some casesā€¦) Throw away the key and never let them out!! He/she will die in prison!

There can be many more examples of hypocritical scenarios, but I figured these are quite a few that are common enough and encompass a vast array of scenarios in day to day life. Anyways, again, this thread is intended to highlight and expose the hypocrisy of pro-lifers (may be preaching to the SaSu choir, but at least those who don't know/see the incongruity will now be able to). Also, while there are definitely more factors at play, these examples are a simplified version of how most scenarios play out and also how hypocritical pro-lifers are in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Sprite_Geist, nightmare_moon and 3 others
nightmare_moon

nightmare_moon

šŸŒŒ Pernicious Nightbringer šŸŒŒ
Dec 7, 2023
It's hard watching people try to save the hopeless. It's a fools errand. The most they can manage is prolonging the suffering of a suicidal individual by making them feel bad for considering their only option. It's cruel.

Reactions: TAW122
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They certainly are very hypocritical, I cannot stand pro-lifers and how they are incapable of minding their own business, I hate how they force their deluded toxic positivity and insist that other people must continue suffering no matter what.

Reactions: kvsvenky100 and TAW122
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
A further one- seemingly nothing in life should make you so upset that you want to take your own life but- no- you musn't CTB because it may well lead to other people becoming upset doing it themselves... So- they're allowed to be upset by something but- we're not. Using their own logic- we should all be resilient enough to cope with whatever life throws at us.

Of course- they will argue that suicide deliberately inflicts pain. I'd argue- yes and no. It was unlikely that persons primary motive. Sadly, it's certainly a consequence of course and certainly- it has to be considered. Still- why do these people think we're suicidal in the first place? How many are here because other people have deliberately inflicted pain on them? Plenty I imagine. But again- that's supposedly different is it? We're supposed to forgive all that? Move on. Not be affected? Why doesn't it work in reverse?

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Just thought of a bonus example of pro-lifer hypocrisy, and it's one of the major ones too...

(When it comes to the sanctity of life and one's relationship with sentience/living.)

Pro-lifers: No, you cannot leave life! If you don't like life you are mentally ill, irrational, and of unsound mind! You cannot opt out of life! (Then tries to gaslight and intervene against said person).

(Yet when it comes to other situations, relationships, career, services, and activities.)

Also Pro-lifers: When you are unhappy or find a relationship, a job, service, or activity (in some cases) intolerable, unenjoyable, you don't need to be in it, you can opt out!

So in this bonus example, I shown that when it comes just about everything else and any domain, pro-lifers will not hesitate to claim that one is not obligated to stay in certain (toxic) situations, yet when it comes to life being the problem itself, they can never accept that life itself is the root of all problems. There is anything more obvious in terms of hypocrisy when it comes to showing their hypocritical nature.

It's hard watching people try to save the hopeless. It's a fools errand. The most they can manage is prolonging the suffering of a suicidal individual by making them feel bad for considering their only option. It's cruel.
Exactly, and these pro-lifers like to virtue signal and pat themselves on the back for "saving" someone regardless of the consequences and implications their actions may have. If anything, it either just prolongs the suffering of the individual or results in worse outcomes.

They certainly are very hypocritical, I cannot stand pro-lifers and how they are incapable of minding their own business, I hate how they force their deluded toxic positivity and insist that other people must continue suffering no matter what.
Yes and it's also hypocritical that when it comes to minding their own business too. When there is a situation of person hating certain aspects of life, either the pro-lifer will just ignore it, gaslight the person, or offer meaningless platitudes, yet when it is known/learned that said person wants to opt out, pro-lifers will just come out of nowhere and decide to intervene against said person regardless of the impact and consequences.

A further one- seemingly nothing in life should make you so upset that you want to take your own life but- no- you musn't CTB because it may well lead to other people becoming upset doing it themselves... So- they're allowed to be upset by something but- we're not. Using their own logic- we should all be resilient enough to cope with whatever life throws at us.

Of course- they will argue that suicide deliberately inflicts pain. I'd argue- yes and no. It was unlikely that persons primary motive. Sadly, it's certainly a consequence of course and certainly- it has to be considered. Still- why do these people think we're suicidal in the first place? How many are here because other people have deliberately inflicted pain on them? Plenty I imagine. But again- that's supposedly different is it? We're supposed to forgive all that? Move on. Not be affected? Why doesn't it work in reverse?
Great example, and yes, it seems like it boils down to their 'feelings' and somehow we aren't allowed to feel upset or be offended, yet they have every right to their feeling and such. It is indeed such bullshit and if anything (might be a bit off tangent, but...), pro-choicers should have every right to object and be disgusted at pro-lifers trying to enslave them into existence at every corner and every aspect. Sure, while there isn't someone constantly monitoring whether one is enjoying life or up to every aspect of one's life (because general expectation of privacy), they still make things difficult in day to day life and are constantly prohibiting peaceful, reliable means to escape suffering while also directly intervening against people who decide to DIY (through riskier and less reliable means to) CTB.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and nightmare_moon
BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Nov 16, 2023
Well said. A consistent life ethic from these people is impossible.