kazuto72057

kazuto72057

Oct 25, 2023
i have a odd question so please bare with me so five hour energy i did this on a attempt awhile back i had thought if i take enough it would work but now it brings me to this question how much would i need for it to work successfully

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I would never reccomend a caffeine or stimulant overdose as I've survived one and it was horrible, but to answer your question:

The median LD50 for caffiene is 150-200mg per kg. Let's assume it's 200mg/kg.
One can of Regular 5-H energy has 200mg of caffiene. Doing simple maths, assuming your body weight is 70kg, you would need 70 cans of 5H energy to have a 50% chance of death. And it would be a terrible death at that.

I must say that this is assuming you're healthy with no heart issues, and as is with almost every substance, the lethal dose may slightly vary from person to persons. Take care.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkover
Upvote 0
kazuto72057

kazuto72057

Oct 25, 2023
well if its as bad as you say i wont but i really appreciate you taking the time to do the calc for me its just curiosity like i said tried before so thats what sparked this and well i aint good at doing the calc needed to figure it out so ill just keep looking into better methods for when i decide. but thank you for your time

• Love
Reactions: DepressedChemMajor
Upvote 0
mob

mob

Student
Jul 19, 2023
I've considered this too years ago. Heard of a case of someone passing away after drinking some energy drinks, and was like "hey, this is something for me! I can get energy drinks anywhere!" - you probably know by now that this is most probably not going to work. The people who die from this had underlying heart conditions or something similar. I have hypertension and a really fast resting pulse and I had a time where I'd drink around 10 a day, and although I felt like ass, it didn't and probably wouldn't have killed me. So this method is unreliable and I also don't recommend it. Wishing you the best.

Upvote 0