counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
so I'd just thought I would make a story about life and what it's all about.

Please read all the way through cause this is gonna be a few hours to read!

1. We are born
2. We go to school/college/university to learn
3. we work our ass off
4. we die.

what is the point of being alive? and also I just found out live spelt backwards is evil. which makes perfect sense.

we never choose to be born into this life so why is it so hard to exit. I also wish I was strangled at birth or drowned.

and really pissed off cause in the UK, a mother was jailed for having an abortion cause it was too late - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/03/california-stillborn-prosecution-roe-v-wade

I wish I was bloody aborted!

sorry for ranting, I just believe life has no purpose

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Hollowman, Unknown21 and 13 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's the other things that occur while you're alive that makes life worth living for most people. Having a loving partner in life, pillow talk with your partner, children, good health, eventual grandchildren, memories of your children's first steps, their first words, their graduation(s), a promotion at work, vacations with the family................those kinds of things. Maybe it's the smile on your child's face at a birthday party, or when they pass their driving test, or get their first apartment or house. I think life is more complicated than summarizing it in 4 phases.

• Love
Reactions: maarijkhan, soft-flower345 and Praestat_Mori
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
stories like the one you linked get me unimaginably angry - abortion should never be a crime :(

• Aww..
Reactions: ConstantPain, myusername890, Rational man and 2 others
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
i disagree. life is good if you like life but like myself, it has been a nightmare from as far back as i can remember. it would be good if i or anyone else was born with a return policy, it would say (please return me to hell because i don't belong here)

and sorry btw thats reply to locked n loaded

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Rational man
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

1. We are born
3. we work our ass off
4. we die.

what is the point of being alive? and also I just found out live spelt backwards is evil. which makes perfect sense.

we never choose to be born into this life so why is it so hard to exit. I also wish I was strangled at birth or drowned.

and really pissed off cause in the UK, a mother was jailed for having an abortion cause it was too late - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/03/california-stillborn-prosecution-roe-v-wade

You left out a few stages. For example old age. Anyone who would let themselves become old , many to the point where they need assistance going to the bathroom , showering etc., they are completely brainwashed. And that's most humans because no where do you hear anyone saying that old age like extreme pain must be avoided at all costs.

If you think about it logically who would want to go through old age where your body and mind decline , decay and you need assistance with every day chores? Who would want to go through extreme pain that is unimaginable ? I don't .

yeah live spelled bacwards is evil. To live is evil .

Reactions: sserafim, ftm68_99, loopdaloop and 3 others
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
You left out a few stages. For example old age. Anyone who would let themselves become old , many to the point where they need assistance going to the bathroom , showering etc., they are completely brainwashed. And that's most humans because no where do you hear anyone saying that old age like extreme pain must be avoided at all costs.

If you think about it logically who would want to go through old age where your body and mind decline , decay and you need assistance with every day chores? Who would want to go through extreme pain that is unimaginable ? I don't .

i agree!

to add more to the point, most people will know that when we are at school, unless we are the coolest kid with the latest tech or have the best shoes or even can beat up the hulk, we are all rejected my most and end up being bullied.

so its the case that growing up as a child has issues, then we go to get a job. some people have dead end jobs and others may have have better careers but still face issues. either way at some point we all have financial problems with issues that come to us when least expected. another example is now where in the UK electric and gas rates have gone through the roof including water. and interest on mortgages yet the standard living rate is still the same.

anyway that's work covered, so when we retire, unless we do have thousands saved up which most people don't, we just grow old sat on our arse watching television and watching life go by.

and also to add which i just remembered, the age in the uk which we can retire went from something stupid to 62 to 66 or something like that! fuck the goverment! jokes on you i'll be dead soon hahahahahahhhaahahaha so no more taxes from me you jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh by the way if you couldn't tell, i hate living. LOL

Reactions: sserafim, OceanBlue and pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me existence certainly is something so dreadful and unnecessary, existence is just an meaningless and impermanent distraction from the fact that death is inevitable, we are just waiting around to die where all that's inevitable is suffering, loss and decay.

It's incredibly cruel to burden someone with existence by forcing them here, giving them the ability to suffer so extremely in this harmful world, I just think that existence was a horrific, tragic mistake in the first place, I certainly think it's always preferable to not exist. There could never be any point to existing, to me existing is certainly something so unnappealing, existence could never be desirable, it's something that repulses me.

Reactions: sserafim and myusername890
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
The school one really rubs me up too, all those years going through hell trying to learn things i didn't care for, all those nights doing homework when it could have been relaxing and stress free, instead i got work and annoying shits in the morning.

All those years in youth wasted for pointless academics and i didn't even need or use half of it to work the jobs i have. My one life in youth could have been happier if school was much different instead of a one fits all.

Sorry man im stoned, i dunno if that makes sense??? 😜😜😜😍

• Hugs
Reactions: counting-out-time
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
You know, I actually agree with you. All of it. Some people aren't blessed with "loved ones", fond memories, and all that shit. I know I wasn't. So, yes, this summarizes life perfectly. Just don't let it make you too bitter.

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
I think the same way. Existence truly is pointless. At some point of life, you can no longer just slow down and relax, but actually have to run, to catch up, even if you have fallen and in pain. At the end, all you've done is just going to disappear. Sure, maybe other people will gain good from it, but what's the point if you aren't even aware anymore that what you done has values?

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and ConstantPain
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
I think the same way. Existence truly is pointless. At some point of life, you can no longer just slow down and relax, but actually have to run, to catch up, even if you have fallen and in pain. At the end, all you've done is just going to disappear. Sure, maybe other people will gain good from it, but what's the point if you aren't even aware anymore that what you done has values?
exactly :) i guess its like a bad egg, if the egg is bad then bin it.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and charlotte_
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
what is the point of being alive?
As I understand, humans value themselves and this experience a great deal and want to see where the 'progress' takes them. They want to continue their species so much they are willing to sacrifice their children's well-being for this goal, drag them into a dangerous environment, force them to continue their fights. Transhumanists want to use science to eliminate suffering, someday they will clone happy more resilient people, still without consent. It's really unlikely that this world can be turned into paradise through science, but some will try and sacrifice others on the way.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, betternever2havbeen and charlotte_
picklealex

picklealex

I hate it all, just let me die
Jun 24, 2023

1. We are born
3. we work our ass off
4. we die.

I also believe that. I don't want to continue this life and work hard just to die in the end. For me it's not worth it.

Reactions: sserafim
D

Deleted member 65988

Existence is a gamble from day one, sure people want to live long enough to have a wife, a great job and a great life with healthy relationships but how much of that is cultivated through what we see others have so of course we ask what's in it for us but people don't think about the trade-offs, the fact you'll spend long hours, staring at strangers making thier way to work as part of their daily commute, all of it seems robotic and monotonous. It's like a checklist that has to be completed otherwise you haven't "lived" enough.

Existence is dreadful and just so not worth trouble when you weigh how much you have to go through pointlessly shuffling from one problem to the next again and again, on repeat. All the suffering one could possibly experience doesn't make up for all the potential good things one could amount to having or experiencing. It's not even mentioning how other people can cause you so much suffering from their incredibly incompetent and selfish actions for their own satisfaction.

So to summarize

1. We are born into unfavorable and messy circumstances

2. We spend years upon years in a system to learn things, spending a lot of money along the way all in an effort to get a piece of paper.

3. We work for decades on end, trying obtain a certain level of respect from our peers to see how successful we are and reach financial stability, moving from one class to another, being exploited and manipulated along the way.

4. We lose it all once the last breath is drawn and in a few years, it'll be as if none of it ever happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, redeyepiranha and 2 others
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Existence is a gamble from day one, sure people want to live long enough to have a wife, a great job and a great life with healthy relationships but how much of that is cultivated through what we see others have so of course we ask what's in it for us but people don't think about the trade-offs, the fact you'll spend long hours, staring at strangers making thier way to work as part of their daily commute, all of it seems robotic and monotonous. It's like a checklist that has to be completed otherwise you haven't "lived" enough.

Existence is dreadful and just so not worth trouble when you weigh how much you have to go through pointlessly shuffling from one problem to the next again and again, on repeat. All the suffering one could possibly experience doesn't make up for all the potential good things one could amount to having or experiencing. It's not even mentioning how other people can cause you so much suffering from their incredibly incompetent and selfish actions for their own satisfaction.

So to summarize

2. We spend years upon years in a system to learn things, spending a lot of money along the way all in an effort to get a piece of paper.

3. We work for decades on end, trying obtain a certain level of respect from our peers to see how successful we are and reach financial stability, moving from one class to another, being exploited and manipulated along the way.

4. We lose it all once the last breath is drawn and in a few years, it'll be as if none of it ever happened.
An utter shit fest that i see no point in continuing, ill take modern medicine but fuck all the rest.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I agree, Modern medicine definitely is better than anything from 50- 100s of years ago.
If only we had that and a nicer society, less work grind hustle mentalites, less working and more pay, little bit less social media too.

Probably not wanna chug nembutal if life was like that

MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023

So to summarize

Yeah and we can also elaborate this more.

These 4 steps are only applying to those who are humans and live somehow privileged life. You can in fact consider yourself lucky to be able to learn math, language, how to write or read, physics, chemistry, geography, history etc.... not everyone has this chance to be educated and develop critical thinking or common sense.

There are many (maybe more than half of the world) who do not have this privilege. Living in poor town or village without chance to get better for them stuck in one place for whole life destinated for misery. Its partially fault of people who bring child into unfavorable circumstances which is pretty fucked up because when you look at areas with high birth rates its exact same places I am talking about and quite opposite in Europe there is actually lowest birth rate in to world and Europeans are in average oldest people in world. Is not it funny how this shit should be opposite ?

And all of these apply only to us humans.... Imagine live a life of a chicken, cow or any other animals... in nature you have to fight every day to survive and in captivity its even worse... short painfull life in cage to be utilized at maximum... , when you are looking at broad spectrum of life you observe mostly suffering, death, illnesses, wars, even stupid sex is just a mechanism build in our body to produce more "life" to suffer... we are not a free at all, you are just bunch of chemicals controled by genetics, and if you start think how much free will do you have then you realise you dont have any or just little. Drive to sex is just hormones not you... Love is another example, its just chemical, we people like to talk about love but do it exist? Is love our emotion or just emotion of body and we consider it our feeling? We can not control it, so its body not us. We only have bigger brain to understand these processes in body but we dont control it, we are just like same slaves as other animals but we have advantage of our bigger brains to understand we are slaves to the program in body called genetics. Its fucked up world. For example If you had brain shortage or something in your genetics has failed to work properly, you would start behave differently and it would be still you, many people can not be happy because lack of neurotransmitters... Its just chemicals and everything we know about ourselves is just our own personification that those "feelings" and "needs" are us.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019

1. We are born
3. we work our ass off
4. we die.

It is absolutely 1000% pointless. A pointless torture.......... we all just got thrown into the jungle to play this pointless game of survival of the fittest. Then in the end no matter what, you will just die. And more often than not, suffer a bunch of different mental and physical pain & struggle beforehand. No need to die first in order to go to hell. We're already in it right now. This is hell. We just everyday witnessing our body slowly age, gradually break down and wear out year by year, no difference than rotting. An apple can rot in a few hours/ days. Just that for humans, it takes decades. But we're basically rotting away everyday, while trying to distract ourselves from this bullshit. Then on top of this, need to keep paying endless bills and just work, work, work until even the last bit of our soul becomes non-existent, as we await our guaranteed death one way or the other............ truly can't get anymore pointless than this lol. Welcome to hell

Last edited:
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Life is too insignificant to be lived for me.

F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023

Good points, well put. Why indeed would anyone in their right mind want to keep living under such conditions? Well, there's the rub, I suppose. Many people who are living this way aren't *in" their right mind. Otherwise, I think it's a combination of Survivor Instinct and fear of death. And the fear is brought on partly by our society's reluctance to talk about death as part of the human condition.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

1. We are born
3. we work our ass off
4. we die.

Honestly I think stage 3 is a waste of time. It's meaningless and there's no point to it. I'm planning to ctb before I have to enter it. I don't see the point in that kind of existence. I would hate to have to work for a living. I would rather die now! After stage 3 you just reach the same outcome anyways (stage 4), so what's the point in having to enter stage 3 and become a capitalist wageslave for like 40 years and work away your life if you inevitably reach the same fate?

I'd rather just speed up the process and reach stage 4 now and get it over with. I honestly think there's no point to adulthood and having to work for a living. You would have no freedom at all, and I just think that it's so meaningless. It wouldn't be fulfilling for me. You would be tied down by your job, bills, and the ever-rising cost of existence.

I hate the fact that it costs money to exist on this planet. None of us even chose to be here! Tbh if I had a choice I wouldn't have been born in the first place. I hate my life and having to exist. Doesn't help that I was born with neurodivergence that makes my life difficult…
Good points, well put. Why indeed would anyone in their right mind want to keep living under such conditions? Well, there's the rub, I suppose. Many people who are living this way aren't *in" their right mind. Otherwise, I think it's a combination of Survivor Instinct and fear of death. And the fear is brought on partly by our society's reluctance to talk about death as part of the human condition.
Yeah literally. Who would want to continue to live like that? I would hate to get old and be incapacitated and have my mental capacity and cognition decline. I'd rather die!

I completely agree that anyone who lets themself get old is brainwashed. Why would you willingly continue to live when your body and mind decline? And why would you willingly let your body and mind decline? It makes no sense to me. I think people are forced to get old due to nature and the passage of time, and they really have no say in it, but still. Old age is something I never want to experience for myself. Also, you would have thought that people would've found a way to reverse and prevent aging already….

Personally, I never want to get old. The thought of being incapacitated or in a nursing home terrifies me. I would also hate to get dementia or Alzheimer's. I'm ctb'ing before I even enter stage 3. I honestly don't think there are any positives to being an adult or getting old/old age. Why do people even have to get old and age in the first place???
I also believe that. I don't want to continue this life and work hard just to die in the end. For me it's not worth it.
Yeah same, I honestly don't see the point in it. It's pointless imo. Life like that is not worth living for me. Especially when the end is still dying. It honestly makes no sense to work just to die
It is absolutely 1000% pointless. A pointless torture.......... we all just got thrown into the jungle to play this pointless game of survival of the fittest. Then in the end no matter what, you will just die. And more often than not, suffer a bunch of different mental and physical pain & struggle beforehand. No need to die first in order to go to hell. We're already in it right now. This is hell. We just everyday witnessing our body slowly age, gradually break down and wear out year by year, no difference than rotting. An apple can rot in a few hours/ days. Just that for humans, it takes decades. But we're basically rotting away everyday, while trying to distract ourselves from this bullshit. Then on top of this, need to keep paying endless bills and just work, work, work until even the last bit of our soul becomes non-existent, as we await our guaranteed death one way or the other............ truly can't get anymore pointless than this lol. Welcome to hell
100%! Life is literally a living hell. The meaninglessness and pointlessness of this kind of existence (adulthood) actively makes me want to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc