TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
For commemoration and memory of Dan Crews, who finally found peace after suffering almost 37 years of sentience, I dedicate this thread to him and allow my sorrow, anger, and indignant fuel flow.

While I'm not in his shoes, I will put myself in his shoes (and talk for him, as if I was him). With that said, this would be my response to these pro-life goons.

TAW122 acting/speaking as Dan Crews:
"You are able to say what you say because you are able-bodied. Let's see how you fare when you are in my predicament, unable to move my arms, my legs, needing someone to do all basic tasks, and lacking the ability to enjoy the activities that I once cherished!"

"You know you are powerful because I am unable to fight back and you wouldn't be saying that or doing what you do to someone who can physically dominate you! Coward."

"Shame on you all for ignoring my wishes just because you can get away with it! Since I'm going to suffer until natural causes, I've got nothing to lose, you can't take anything else that you haven't already taken away from me!"

(If provider and team was religious)
"If I were a God and there was an afterlife, I'd punish you greatly by sentencing you to the same fate as my Earthly being!"

"I would never wish to be a part of an afterlife where not only am I a sycophant for eternity nor do I wish to be in bliss for the cruelty that you have subjected me to while I was on Earth! I'd rather burn in Hell for eternity than to ever deal with you goons!"

"A God that is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient would not allow someone to suffer indefinitely like this, and I cannot serve nor respect a God that allows one to suffer like this!"

(end simulation/acting)

Note: There are more (and likely, worse) things that I would say, but in trying to keep this thread civil and within SaSu guidelines, I'll refrain from that. I believe my simulation and hypothetical response as that person accurately depicts the situation and the emotions, atmosphere that surrounds the situation.

Rebuttals and Justifications:
Some of you might ask and say, but why torture yourself with something that doesn't concern you? Well, given how pro-lifers treated this poor individual, not only denying him a graceful, dignified exit, but also tormenting him during most of sentience, and even blaspheming him after his death, righteous anger is warranted for such practices and I will not forget about how cruel.

But then you may say, TAW that is really unhealthy to do that! Yes, but it is even worse to (forgive and) forget about the cruel treatment of someone who not only is unable to go on his own terms, but also someone who is suffering immensely (even by nature's standards). I cannot let this anger go and simply let him be forgotten!

I would hope I never end up in the same (or similar) predicament as he as I could only imagine how powerless he is to actively resist the things that his treatment team, healthcare providers, and/or others are imposing on him. Even if he voiced his wishes, he is at the mercy of his providers and the people around him, with little to no recourse if they aren't honored. This is not even including the day to day suffering of undignified experiences, loss of independence, and the other health issues that arise from the condition itself (sores, infections, poor health, and what not).

• Love
Reactions: lachrymost, GasMonkey, SorrowMind and 3 others
S

silverswan

Jan 8, 2023
I don't understand, who are you talking about

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't understand, who are you talking about
I'm talking about a well known case of a quadriplegic who was denied the right to die and forced to live until he died of natural causes. In this particular thread, I'm putting myself in his shoes and speaking for him (as if I were him).

Reactions: GasMonkey and Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds beyond horrific what that person went through, it's incredibly disgusting to deny people like that a right to die, it just proves that this world certainly is hell. But anyway rest in peace.

Reactions: Venessolotic and Per Ardua Ad Astra
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's absolutely stunning how badly people treat those who want a rational exit, it's almost like they see suicidal people as inhuman. At least he is at peace now, there's plenty more who aren't unfortunately.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and yive
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
Thank you for sharing and commemorating the tragic lifelong suffering— and finally peaceful end — for Dan Crews ~ RIP.

After reading this thread— I noted his hometown — and his passing— in another thread.

*Edited : apologies for merging these polar opposite life stories and endings*

I hope it's ok — I'd just like to mention due to symbolic coincidence date of 21 March — ie, usually Spring Equinox :

RIP Beth Matthews of Menheniot, UK 🕊️ ~ recent threads on SaSu / BBC etc.

This is the 1st anniversary ~ also on 21 March ~ oddly same as Dan Crews 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: SorrowMind
S

SorrowMind

Nov 9, 2022
RIP
"Beth Matthews was a resident of Cornwall. She gained recognition as a mental health blogger and tried to take her own life in 2019. She disclosed in a tweet last year that the incident led to some injuries like nerve damage, broken bones, paralyzed bladder, bowel, and foot, and chronic pain."

I wonder what method she used that led to: "nerve damage, broken bones, paralyzed bladder, bowel, and foot, and chronic pain." probably jumping?

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
@SorrowMind

Yes — Beth's 1st Ctb attempt was 50ft jump.

Yes per her Twitter — still up — Beth said it was those paralyzingly injuries — as you quoted— that caused her relentless determination to Ctb with "poison" while trapped in the Psych ward.

Reactions: Venessolotic and SorrowMind