• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
My plan is to kill myself with 2M2B, i.e. 2-methyl-2-butanol, also known as tert-Amyl alcohol. I own a bottle but haven't tested it yet as I fear it will lose its potency if I open the bottle. I'm NOT here to promote 2M2B and I do NOT recommend anyone to use it, because there are question marks surrounding it, both when it comes to reliability and after effects of a failed attempt. Rather I'm looking for input from other people who plan to use it or who are knowledgeable in this area.

Pros

+ It's legal and available.
+ According to most trip reports, it resembles benzodiazepines.
+ According to some trip reports it can also be euphoric.
+ It has been used as an anesthetic in the past.
+ It engenders sudden loss of consciousness.
+ An attempt can convincingly be masked as an unfortunate overdose.
+ It can theoretically pass detection, as that requires gas chromatography.

Cons

- There are several documented fatalities, but no documented suicides.
- According to almost all trip reports it tastes like hell. Some even liken it to petrol. Is it possible to down a large enough amount and keep it down with an antiemetic? Difficult to say without testing.
- The median lethal dose for human beings is not known. The lowest, documented, fatal dose is 28 ml, but that case was complicated by pneumonia. A former member of this community was a heavy drinker and managed to survive 45 ml. Would 60 ml be enough? Perhaps, perhaps not.
- There are probably large individual variations when it comes to how fast consciousness is lost. The only figure I've found is 30 minutes, but it should logically be much lower at a suicidal dose. Since it's 20 times stronger than regular alcohol you will be shit-faced beyond belief during this time period. Is it possible to control yourself and not call for help while under the influence of 2M2B? Impossible to say.
- 2M2B is quite similar to regular alcohol, but there are some differences, e.g. no hangover. An overdose is similar to alcohol poisoning and alcohol poisoning almost never entails any permanent damage. However, notice that it's "similar", not "identical". Is there perhaps a risk of brain damage after a failed attempt? It probably takes advanced knowledge in biology and medicine to answer that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and WornOutLife
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
I have considered this method myself and bought a 100ml bottle. It seems like a viable method in theory. The problem is that there is very little documented data about people who have taken this and its effects. it is an obscure research chemical that is an analog to alcohol. It is 20x more potent than regular alcohol. In theory, drinking 100ml of this stuff should kill you. In reality, who knows. People have different tolerances to alcohol. Some people can regularly drink enough to kill an elephant and end Up fine. Some people have started taking this recreationally in order to get high, but without having a hangover the next day. There are a few trip reports on erwoird. According to them, the onset is slow. It takes 30-45 minutes before it's effects are felt. They report feeling drunk and euphoric. Those who took more than 4-5 mls, felt drowsy and fell asleep for 10-12 hours. there are reports of people who took 20+ml and survived, but they admitted that they are experienced drug users.

I couldn't find any documented cases of people who took a large dose of this in order to ctb. In real life, no one knows what the minimum leather dose would be. The lethal dose may be dependent on a persons alchcol and benzo tolerance. Someone who has a history of drinking and taking benzos, may have a higher tolerance for this stuff and may need a larger dose than someone who doesn't.

i wonder if someone could drink 100ml of this and not throw it back up even with anti emetics because this stuff tastes like gasoline. I also worry about what the long term effects would be if someone survived taking a large dose of this. It is 20x more potent than ethanol alchcol. I would be worried that someone would suffer liver and kidney damage as well as possible brain damage. There is no way to know since there are no documented cases.
I bought a 100ml bottle of this. This is a rather obscure RC chemical. I don,t know if it is possible to drink 100 ml of the stuff. I mixed a small amount in some juice. Here are my observations.

This stuff smells really bad. when I opened the bottle, the entire room smells like gasoline. I put 5-6 drops in a half of cup of juice to test it. This was stupid Btw because this stuff is very potent. This stuff tastes and smells like gasoline. I could taste gasoline even though I only put in 5-6 drops. The texture is oily and slimy. The 2mb rises to the top of the glass even when you mix it. It is hard to drink. i finish the juice and feel fine. No effects. About 10-15 minutes later, my vision is a little blurry. This may not have anything to do with the 2m2b, because I have problems with my eyes and have blurred vision before. About 30 minutes later I start to feel very calm and relaxed. I feel a little warm. i can feel a slight warm burning sensation from my throat all the way down to my stomach. It is similar to how you feel when you drink alchcol, but somehow different. It was weird. At this point I feel very mellow like you would feel after taking benzos but x 100. A little later, I feel not exactly drunk but kinda buzzed. About 10 minutes after this, my chest starts to feel tight and I have to take deep breaths, because I am having a little trouble breathing. I go outside to try to get some fresh air. It seems to help some. This lasts about 10 minutes. The buzzed feeling starts to wear off a little, and then I feel drowsy. I wanted to close my eyes, but I wasn't home. I feel very drowsy for a couple of hours. When I get home, I decide to go to bed even though the drowsy feeling has worn off. I don't fall asleep until about 2am. when I get up the next day, I am very tired. I am able to get up after a couple of cups of coffee, but I am tired all day. My head is in a fog. I still feel very mellow, and I have a headache which does not go away even though I keep taking ibuprofen. I have a headache for 3 days and I feel very relaxed for about 2 days.
This stuff is very potent. I am surprised to have such effects when I only took a few drops. Should definately not play around with this stuff. I had tried some, because I was worried this stuff would burn going down. I have read it is caustic. I should have bought a larger bottle in order to do a better test. I don't have enough to experiment with it. I am afraid if taken in large dose, it will burn your GI track. I have coinsidered this as a method, but don't know how much would be needed as not much is known about this stuff. I am afraid of what damage would be caused if I should survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie, Sensei, peacefulhorizons and 1 other person