ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
I am kind of looking forward to the future looking forward, but my childhood and teenage years were just NOT good at all. The pure monotony of school itself from Kindergarten to 12th grade alone. And in school I was always not very popular, mostly either made fun of or ignored by the other kids. Hopefully adult life is better than my childhood and teenage years, because man did they suck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blondi and houseofleaves
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This is what I think, which might be the stupidest opinion possible. If your first 20 years sucked, you already are set in motion for more misery down the road. Don't expect things to get better without some drastic change.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: ClownMe, onlyanimalsaregood, JinZhin and 4 others
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Is there any reason why things would be different than they have been? Are you taking steps to ensure that they are or just being optimistic?

• Informative
Reactions: demuic, whatevs and ConfusedHurting2632
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
This is what I think, which might be the stupidest opinion possible. If your first 20 years sucked, you already are set in motion for more misery down the road. Don't expect things to get better without some drastic change.
While you didn't need to put it so rudely. "The stupidest opinion" possible. What do you think that's going to accomplish on a website forum where many/most people on here are likely already insecure and looking to end their lives in some way? Are you looking to ruin people's self-esteem even more? Though in general you are not exactly wrong.

Though for me specifically, starting from age 18, I've been through a LOT of therapy and medications to try to ensure the rest of my life won't be complete garbage like the first 20 years. So it's not like I have done nothing to try to make some drastic change happen.
Is there any reason why things would be different than they have been? Are you taking steps to ensure that they are or just being optimistic?
I've been through a lot of therapy and medications starting at age 18, to try to ensure the rest of my life won't be complete garbage like the first 20 years or so.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Bruh, the possible stupidest opinion was the one I put forth, that is, that people that have been miserable for a long time are likely to continue in that course. I would never attack someone like that.

• Yay!
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, shrek34 and ConfusedHurting2632
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Bruh, the possible stupidest opinion was the one I put forth, that is, that people that have been miserable for a long time are likely to continue in that course. I would never attack someone like that.
Oh...looks like that was the case of me simply reading something wrong, haha. My bad.

Reactions: whatevs
Negrathecat

Negrathecat

Apr 28, 2020
From my experience, I didn't know how good I had it. Being an adult is hard... I am 23 turning 24 and I still don't have it all figured out but what I can say is that even with my childhood trauma I choose a better path for myself and by that I mean I choose to speak more to people, I choose to make new friends, I choose to go to college and change my life for me. Nothing in your life will get better unless you make it better. You have to be the change you want to see. Just because you get older does not mean it gets easier but I do really like that you are looking forward to the future, you are thinking positive. That is good. :)

• Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, whatevs, YourNeighbor and 1 other person
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
From my experience, I didn't know how good I had it. Being an adult is hard... I am 23 turning 24 and I still don't have it all figured out but what I can say is that even with my childhood trauma I choose a better path for myself and by that I mean I choose to speak more to people, I choose to make new friends, I choose to go to college and change my life for me. Nothing in your life will get better unless you make it better. You have to be the change you want to see. Just because you get older does not mean it gets easier but I do really like that you are looking forward to the future, you are thinking positive. That is good. :)
Oh yeah...with age, some things get easier, while some things get harder. You are more mature and prepared and experienced, but at the same time, you have more and more responsibilities. It's great to have the ability to choose a better path for yourself, including speaking to more people, making new friends, and going to college, while as a kid and teen your ability is more limited. And yes, thinking more positive is always nice. :)

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and houseofleaves
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
I'm 21. My early years have been hell, but I'm not looking to future at all. I possibly could have some bright prospects, objectively speaking, but my mind is still damaged, the bad things and hard times I've been through have only made me very bitter and most likely weaker in a way.

I hope things will get better for you and that you'll be able to turn your life around.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
My childhood was awful. It was the worst years of my life but my worst depression was now. I had some really bad months. Fortunately I feel a little better now because of the medication but I have a long way to go. And in the last two days I have felt sadder again. I hope everyone can turn their lives around in one way or another and find peace and happiness.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownMe, Negrathecat and ConfusedHurting2632