W

Wei yu

Mar 21, 2024
Because of my rebelliousness, my left eye was beaten to amblyopia by my mother. As I get older, my vision is no longer clear due to my increasing myopia. I hate the incompetence of my eyes. I squeezed my eyes with my hands, causing extremely high astigmatism. Isn't my fate ridiculous?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kiiiishore, EvisceratedJester, Blurry_Buildings and 6 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
It's not ridiculous, it sounds like a terribly lonely and difficult place to be. My vision is ok and I know it would severely impact my feelings if I was to suffer sight loss, especially if it was caused by someone who was supposed to protect me.

I don't really have any advice - except maybe try to stop damaging your eyes further if you can - you'll end up in a worse situation to your current one.

I hope you manage to find whatever you're looking for from this site.

Reactions: Wei yu and Zhendou
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
I also have myopia and astigmatism, but not caused by physical violence.

W

Wei yu

Mar 21, 2024
It's not ridiculous, it sounds like a terribly lonely and difficult place to be. My vision is ok and I know it would severely impact my feelings if I was to suffer sight loss, especially if it was caused by someone who was supposed to protect me.

I don't really have any advice - except maybe try to stop damaging your eyes further if you can - you'll end up in a worse situation to your current one.

I don't hurt my eyes anymore. Although my mother beat me and left me with amblyopia, I can still see with my other eye. I couldn't live a normal life because I squeezed my eyes.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
me as well.. eyes not aligned after a surgery on the nearby tissue and chronic pain/bluriness

It wasnt from physical violence though.. I can only imagine how that feels..
I know people usually will downplay it or assume your problem is just the same as how they can just wear glasses to fix their vision, but I understand a little bit of how you might be feeling <3

Reactions: Wei yu
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
我永远都理解不了,都不爱孩子为什么生孩子?真的太变态了。

W

Wei yu

Mar 21, 2024
我永远都理解不了,都不爱孩子为什么生孩子?真的太变态了。
In China, it is very common for parents to use violence to educate their children. My mother's purpose was not to make my eyes weak, she just felt that I was disobedient to discipline.They think it's normal to use violence to make children obey.
me as well.. eyes not aligned after a surgery on the nearby tissue and chronic pain/bluriness

It wasnt from physical violence though.. I can only imagine how that feels..
I know people usually will downplay it or assume your problem is just the same as how they can just wear glasses to fix their vision, but I understand a little bit of how you might be feeling <3
I can't read paper books because of my eyes

nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
In China, it is very common for parents to use violence to educate their children. My mother's purpose was not to make my eyes weak, she just felt that I was disobedient to discipline.They think it's normal to use violence to make children obey.
This is so unfair. Even without the risk of physical damages, you run the risk of mental damages. It sounds like you probably got both. I'm so sorry about that. You didn't deserve it, even if you were disobedient - I'll be honest, what child isn't disobedient at some point? Children learn by making mistakes, not by being hurt.

• Love
W

Wei yu

Mar 21, 2024
This is so unfair. Even without the risk of physical damages, you run the risk of mental damages. It sounds like you probably got both. I'm so sorry about that. You didn't deserve it, even if you were disobedient - I'll be honest, what child isn't disobedient at some point? Children learn by making mistakes, not by being hurt.
Yes, this is my destiny. What's even more ridiculous is that I self-harmed due to self-loathing thoughts and was nearly blind in my right eye. I made it myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Ah, just another episode of "parents excusing their physically and/or psychologically abusive behaviours towards their children by claiming that it's 'discipline'". I'm sorry that your mother did that to you and I'm sorry that her actions have led to your left eye becoming lazy. Have you tried looking into treatment for it?

W

Wei yu

Mar 21, 2024
Ah, just another episode of "parents excusing their physically and/or psychologically abusive behaviours towards their children by claiming that it's 'discipline'". I'm sorry that your mother did that to you and I'm sorry that her actions have led to your left eye becoming lazy. Have you tried looking into treatment for it?
No, that was a long time ago. It's just amblyopia. After correction, my visual acuity was only 0.8. But my right eye is really useless. . My vision depends entirely on my left eye.
lm sorry to say I'm almost blind in my right eye is an exaggeration, but it's hard for me to describe it either. .
I'm not trying to defend my parents, I'm just saying this is a common phenomenon in China.
当妈妈打我的时候,我滑了一跤,眼睛撞到了洗衣机的尖角上。

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'm not trying to defend my parents, I'm just saying this is a common phenomenon in China.
I'm not saying that you are defending it. It's more of a jab at your mother.

• Yay!