• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
74f8085d1c09c8a27a4088f8cf6014b7

I once tried to make a thread on this subject years ago, but I think I can do a bit better now. The subject is love.

My dictionary's first definition says, "A strong feeling of affection and concern toward another person, as that arising from kinship or close friendship." Subsequent definitions expand unto amorous territory.

As fundamental as love is, for example attachment theory in childhood psychology, there tends to be a glaring problem in the human experience. It seems to be always corrupted, a little or a lot, by the association of love with self-interest. Only something useful, stimulating or pleasing gives rise to the feeling of love.

This leaves us with a spectrum of human love. In the lowest sense, we have the realm of objectification, obsessive love, dysfunctional families or toxic parenting. Then, if all goes well, we have healthy families, friendships and relationships which remain reasonably positive if everyone does what they are supposed to. The question is: is that as good as it gets?

AB00zKD 460s

Religion
Religion, like anything man-made, is prone to all the human fallacies of conditional love. Even the behaviour of their Gods is little better in this regard; in fact, sometimes it's far worse. Because we are aiming to explore the advanced echelons of love today, we must leave behind all religions with rules, commandments, threats of hell and vindictive God/s.

Near-Death Studies
One of the most common reports seen in NDE studies is that of an incredibly bright light that would be blinding to human eyes, yet can be viewed without discomfort. It overwhelmingly emanates a feeling of perfect love and finally being at home. Often, experiencers refer to it as God, though note the contrast between their experience and the primitive man-made religious deity believed in back on Earth.

"It was the most unconditional love I have ever felt, and as I saw his arms open to receive me I went to him and received his complete embrace and said over and over, "I'm home. I'm home, I'm finally home."" – Betty Eadie

"The only reality is God and God is love. God loves without limit. God is everything." – Linda Stewart

"So to sum it all up: Life is God: everything that exists. Light is God: what everything is made of. Love is God: what holds everything together." – Kevin Williams (near-death.com researcher)

Hqdefault

Psychedelics and Mystical Experiences
Experiences of so-called ego death, oneness with everything and euphoric love are often reported in psychedelic trips. The most advanced of these appear to deliver remarkably similar insights to near-death experiences. The tragedy, of course, is that these are generally mere experiences which come and go without eliminating the everyday experience of separation. More substantial work is needed for that.

For those who might dismiss these insights, it could be argued that these experiences are a glimpse into ultimate reality. The real hallucinations are those of everyday people perceiving themselves as separate from each other and separate from life.

Mystical experiences are a somewhat similar phenomenon that can occur spontaneously, often during moments of extreme stress.

In a documentary called The Moses Code, film-maker James Twyman interviewed a man who was in New York on September 11 and decided to assist emergency services in the aftermath of the attacks. At night, responders switched on a bright portable light as the search for survivors continued. The man erupted into a state of euphoria at the love being shown by those battling to help their fellow humans, describing it as the greatest bliss and beauty of his life.

Another example was shared by a young woman whose brother had died of an illness at a young age, possibly in his teens. Towards the end of his life, while walking in a park, he suddenly became ecstatic and overwhelmed by the beauty around him.

C809988ccc715b1e1b97e34b979d3dcd

Theology
I continue to reference my first ever spiritual book of the '90s, Conversations with God, which offers a theological perspective of love and oneness. It speaks of God as perfect love and the source of all that is. This oneness with everything, including humans, gives rise to the inevitability of universal salvation and the unreality of separation. The Christian God is repeatedly rebuked, noting that its qualities – anger, insecurity, demand for worship, propensity to violence, etc. – better approximate a devil, if there were one.

In seeming contradiction, the book also states that all free choice (there's no determinism here) comes from either a place of love or a place of fear, with no other option. In turn, the book goes on to explain that you can't have light without dark, nor high without low.

The existence of this cosmic dualism enables choice, and in turn experience, which would be impossible in the so-called realm of the Absolute which is our true, eternal home. The realm of the relative is thus not considered real, though has a purpose pertaining to spiritual evolution.

Obviously, love is the higher fundamental choice and manifests, both at the individual and collective level, in more joyous and harmonious outcomes. Putting this primordial theory into practice in a complicated, frustrating and difficult world is quite a doozy of a topic which the book itself, which is now available online, covers in considerable detail.

E410d1d8cd84cc704cf3ce919219846b

Nonduality
Nonduality, which I've covered in detail recently, describes the macrocosmic totality of heaven and Earth as being a single, infinite 'thing.' This insight literally brings it all together. Concepts like enlightenment in Buddhism, Self-realisation in the Hindu tradition and union with God in the Abrahamic religions all clumsily try and describe the process of exposing all separation as illusory.

The process of attaining that state in practice tends to fall into two camps. One emphasises the cultivation of good qualities of indiscriminate loving kindness towards all beings, such as the Noble Eightfold Path in Buddhism, on a pathway to liberation. The other approach strives to fast-track enlightenment by the practice of self-inquiry, immediate experience awareness and dis-identification from the thinking mind. Both tend to have value due to the coexisting contradiction of the dualistic world of appearances and the underlying substratum of the Absolute.

What, then, is love from this cosmic perspective?

Love is the nature of reality despite appearances. For starters, it is unavoidably selfless because there is no self. You wish well for all beings because you are them and they are you. Conditionality or limitation of love is seen as a mere error in thinking. And at an advanced level of understanding, even the world as it is, warts and all, is perceived as whole and perfect. At this level, free will also tends to be viewed as illusory, since again there is no separate self to possess it.

So then, finally, what remains when all is said and done? This:

843a7288ba1e08c525a35d8c9d26af03

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, tary, divinemistress36 and 2 others