quietly_gone

quietly_gone

๐’”๐’‘๐’–๐’•๐’๐’Š๐’Œ ๐’”๐’˜๐’†๐’†๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’• ๐Ÿช
May 9, 2023
I switched from Paxil (Paroxetine) to Prozac (Fluoxetine) since the first one wasn't very helpful for my depression (although it did help calm down my anxiety) and god these 15 weeks are close to being the worst ones of my life.

I lost my appetite and so much weight, I already have stomach problems so being unable to eat and feeling hunger makes it even worse; my insomnia is 100x worse which makes me horribly depressed and fatigued during the day; and I've always felt anhedonia due to depression but had good and bad days but now they're just constantly bad, it's like my brain can't experience pleasure anymore, only stress and sadness. Point is I haven't gotten any good days since I started on Prozac.

Does any of you have had similar experiences on this medication? Is 15 weeks a reasonable period to say it's not working (I've read so much different answers)? I want to quit and I'm pretty sure SSRIs are not for me, but I've also read that doctors try 3 medications from the same class before switching you to another one, so I'm not too hopeful for my next appointment and am expecting another useless (for my case) SSRI prescription

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, girlsboysthems, not_actually_human and 2 others

"uh" - N
Sep 9, 2023
yes. get tf off prozac now. when i can dm you i will with better non-ssri medications available OTC.

• Love
Reactions: Brown-Jacket Revy and quietly_gone
quietly_gone

quietly_gone

May 9, 2023
yes. get tf off prozac now. when i can dm you i will with better non-ssri medications available OTC.
I'm not sure if they'll be available OTC on my country (I'm from Brazil) but yes please dm me

ใ‚ขใƒ›ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณ

ใ‚ขใƒ›ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณ

โ€ฆ
Jul 10, 2023
I'm also on prozac and although it hasn't been making me experience these things I don't see any positive difference in my anxiety levels. If anything they went up exponentially.. I'm not experiencing insomnia though and I can still feel some joy (from SH and cats) sorry you're experiencing this, antidepressants and meds for anxiety are the worstโ€ฆ

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and girlsboysthems
S

ShadowDancer

Big pharma got to me
Aug 10, 2023
Ssris don't work and are poison.
Survivingantidepressants.org has more info.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and S like suicide

"uh" - N
Sep 9, 2023
I'm not sure if they'll be available OTC on my country (I'm from Brazil) but yes please dm me
if you've got amazon in Brazil it's available. also try to get a quetiapine prescription, circa 100mg. works way better for calming down than any antidepressant. don't be put off by the fact it's an "antipsychotic"

quietly_gone

quietly_gone

May 9, 2023
I'm also on prozac and although it hasn't been making me experience these things I don't see any positive difference in my anxiety levels. If anything they went up exponentially.. I'm not experiencing insomnia though and I can still feel some joy (from SH and cats) sorry you're experiencing this, antidepressants and meds for anxiety are the worstโ€ฆ
For how long have you been on it? I'm grieving for my two cats that I lost a few months ago, I'm sure they'd bring me a bit of joy if they were still here. Hope yours live a long and healthy life ๐Ÿ’œ

• Hugs
Reactions: not_actually_human and ใ‚ขใƒ›ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณ
flowers in the mist

flowers in the mist

dances with demons
Aug 19, 2023
15 weeks is a long time, you should have felt the full effects of it for many weeks already. So it seems to be the case where it doesn't suit you. I have been on it as well and switched between several others. I don't know about your country but I tried medicines from different classes straight away, so I don't think the "3 from the same class" rule is a thing.

You should get in touch with your doctor and try a different one, I hope you'll find one that suits you! <3

• Love
Reactions: quietly_gone
quietly_gone

quietly_gone

May 9, 2023
if you've got amazon in Brazil it's available. also try to get a quetiapine prescription, circa 100mg. works way better for calming down than any antidepressant. don't be put off by the fact it's an "antipsychotic"
I will try, tysm.

ใ‚ขใƒ›ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณ

ใ‚ขใƒ›ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณ

โ€ฆ
Jul 10, 2023
For how long have you been on it? I'm grieving for my two cats that I lost a few months ago, I'm sure they'd bring me a bit of joy if they were still here. Hope yours live a long and healthy life ๐Ÿ’œ
I have been on it for about 4 months. The doctor refused to prescribe me anything else and since my father takes it and it worked for him he gave it to me as well. I tried telling him that it wasn't working at the start but he only increased the dosage. First it was ~15mg because he underestimated how bad my anxiety was and now its 25mg. I even raised the dosage to 70mg without his knowledge and it still did nothing.. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also, they are stray cats but I still really hope they live a long life.

• Love
Reactions: quietly_gone
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Can you PM me as well that list?
I switched from Paxil (Paroxetine) to Prozac (Fluoxetine) since the first one wasn't very helpful for my depression (although it did help calm down my anxiety) and god these 15 weeks are close to being the worst ones of my life.

I lost my appetite and so much weight, I already have stomach problems so being unable to eat and feeling hunger makes it even worse; my insomnia is 100x worse which makes me horribly depressed and fatigued during the day; and I've always felt anhedonia due to depression but had good and bad days but now they're just constantly bad, it's like my brain can't experience pleasure anymore, only stress and sadness. Point is I haven't gotten any good days since I started on Prozac.

Does any of you have had similar experiences on this medication? Is 15 weeks a reasonable period to say it's not working (I've read so much different answers)? I want to quit and I'm pretty sure SSRIs are not for me, but I've also read that doctors try 3 medications from the same class before switching you to another one, so I'm not too hopeful for my next appointment and am expecting another useless (for my case) SSRI prescription
I was on prozac a long time ago, and it did the same.

Lowered my appetite and helped me lose weight (which I loved, because I have disordered eating issues).

It also did make it difficult to sleep.

I haven't take any kind of medication in 10 years, but desperately feel as though I need something, just don't know what.

S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Welcome in the psy drugs world...i personally hate them,i tried them for just a brief period and i am against them...i wish you didn't have to take them.
I am sorry I can't be helpful anyway I hope you will find something that can help you feel better

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and quietly_gone
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

Iโ€™m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Yep it definitely sounds like Prozac isn't suitable for you. It's one of the only SSRIs known to be weight neutral because while all the others make weight gain easier, Prozac is the only one that causes loss of appetite to counteract that. If you've tried many SSRIs, maybe they are just not suitable for you in general.

There are other anti-depressant medications like SNRIs, SMSs, SARIs, MAOIs... I personally tried Wellbutrin/Buproprion (SNRI) which is really popular for people who don't like SSRI side effects. Can't say much about it because I lost the pill bottle, but my friends love it, and they've all tried 10+ different meds.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Qwertygamma276
not_actually_human

not_actually_human

indeterminate some.
Nov 12, 2022
I'm sorry, you're having to deal with way too much.
If sharing our experience with medication helps - I don't know if this is a thing now, but SSRIs didn't do anything for me either. Only lithium helped reliably, upto a certain point anyway. Other mood stabilizers they prescribe, the atypical anti-psychotics, have awful side effects. Even atomoxetine helped much better than these, it strangely has a very potent mood stabilizing effect.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
as people stated here, let you p-doc know and then have them perscribe you different anti-depressants

Qwertygamma276

Qwertygamma276

Sep 10, 2023

i'd talk to ur provider about weening off of it and trying something else. SSRIs aren't for everyone, sadly they're treated like some sort of catch all. :/

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
I was on Prozac (SSRI) and changed to an SNRI (duoloxitine) and the past maybe 5 years of my life have been a blur. SNRI's and SSRI'S are effective at taking the depression away however they leave U zombified without any real ups either. The way I'd describe it is "nothing's good, nothing's bad everything just meh". Since I'm too clinically depressed to come off of antidepressants Ive experimented with other things. I don't abuse but use ADD stimulants but they give a real up side for things. Also Kratom is helpful for me and if I want to just numb everything I take alcohol. It's hard to study at uni being this apathetic about life but these meds saved my life. Without them I start feeling things again including worst the depression and anxiety. U just really have to be constantly doing things to avoid boredom such as uni classes.