wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
I told my mum today about a colleague who once tried to ctb by jumping from a building. This colleague went on to recover and turn his life around, but my mum is so sensitive - even me mentioning what he did made her so upset; she can't bear to think about it

HOW can I ctb knowing what it'd do to her? It's all I want - I can't stand being alive - but I just can't do it to her 😢

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and bridgegirl
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I think that is the hardest struggle not wanting to ruin your parents life

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide and Hollowman
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I know the feeling. That would be my one regret about ctb'ing. Though my mom's read my posts here from a previous account and knows that I've gone to a suicide bridge a few times and doesn't seem to care. But when she found out I self-harmed she sobbed uncontrollably. That was 11 years ago though. She's probably accepted I'm this way now.

Altalune

Altalune

alea iacta est
Oct 21, 2023
Honestly man, I told my mom about someone in my year who attempted to CTB but all she said was "mentally unstable people shouldn't be doctors, I hope he gets kicked out of school." Didn't even ask for the reason or whatever.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide and wildflowers1996
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

I am the monster you created
Jun 23, 2023
This is also something I struggle with, I almost did ctb but I stopped only because my closest friends are actually turning their life for the better, and I did not want to destroy it. I went to a psychiatric hospital, the stay did help for a while, but I'm back to the dark mindset I was in. I go to therapy now though, it helps.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I told my mum today about a colleague who once tried to ctb by jumping from a building. This colleague went on to recover and turn his life around, but my mum is so sensitive - even me mentioning what he did made her so upset; she can't bear to think about it

HOW can I ctb knowing what it'd do to her? It's all I want - I can't stand being alive - but I just can't do it to her 😢
I wish I had an answer for you. No one can tell you what to do. I wish you the best though.