Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Just finished watching the 3rd season of 13 Reasons Why, I love that show. Wanted to talk to someone about it, have you guys seen it? How did you like it? Did it make you feel better? Worse? Did it make you feel anything at all? What did it make you feel?
I personally love it, I love how it talks about suicide in such a raw way without shying away from it.
God I'm in so much pain.
I keep thinking about Hannah.

C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
That bathtub scene was tough. Triggered me some.

Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
I have only seen the first season but I really enjoyed it. I typically don't enjoy anything past the first season so I'm not sure if it's worth watching any more.

PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
Just finished watching the 3rd season of 13 Reasons Why, I love that show. Wanted to talk to someone about it, have you guys seen it? How did you like it? Did it make you feel better? Worse? Did it make you feel anything at all? What did it make you feel?
I personally love it, I love how it talks about suicide in such a raw way without shying away from it.
God I'm in so much pain.
I keep thinking about Hannah.
For me, it's an addicting show like many others on/was on Netflix. Felt bad for Hannah due to the lack of sufficient help and therapy given. The plot is very complex, like it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alec
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
I absolutely hated the last season for wasting 13 hours of my life trying to empathize with a rapist.

It's removed now. If you go try to watch it, it skips thet scene.

Reactions: C_F
C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
I absolutely hated the last season for wasting 13 hours of my life trying to empathize with a rapist.

Oh, wow! I had no idea.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I have only seen the first season but I really enjoyed it. I typically don't enjoy anything past the first season so I'm not sure if it's worth watching any more.
The second season deals with everybody, especially Clay letting go Hannah and learning how to move one. In the third season someone kills Bryce Walker and the whole season is everybody trying to figure out who did it while also addressing heavily sexual assault in our world. I enjoyed all of them but my favorite ones are 1 and 2
For me, it's an addicting show like many others on/was on Netflix. Felt bad for Hannah due to the lack of sufficient help and therapy given. The plot is very complex, like it.
Hannah was definitely failed by the world. She definitely needed better professional help and just people to be better in her life. But I mean..the same for all of us here isn't it?

I don't know you, I don't know what life did to you so please feel free to completely disregard everything I say right now.
I think it wasn't as much of a trying to sympathize with a rapist but rather trying to show that the rapist is also a human being. And we are all flawed and make mistakes, that is to say that a rapist is not just a rapist, it's not all he/she is. I'm not a survivor, I don't know the process of healing after something like this. But maybe part of letting it go is accepting that the rapist isn't just a monster but also a human being who did a really fucked up thing. But honestly I can't imagine how a person can look at their rapist as anything else but a rapist. But maybe, they need to try to finally start letting it go and not letting it keep hunting and burning them.
But again, I'm not a survivor, so I really don't have much to go on about this subject.
But I did like how they showed that he tried to be better, I like to think that people can get better, I liked how he tried to understand how he made all these people feel.
I'm sorry it triggered you, but I mean that's why there are trigger warnings. I personally liked that scene, I liked how honest and how painful it was, it made me feel better about my pain, somehow. I didn't know they removed it, honestly I wish they haven't.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_F